Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
As Lambert has made the team worse why trust him with signings? 10:03 - Dec 9 with 5607 viewsElephantintheRoom

Good at PR. Good at somewhat daft soundbites - but clearly not very good at getting the best from a poor bunch of players. So why trust him with some loaned in duds and unwanted dross?

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

As Lambert has made the team worse why trust him with signings? on 10:04 - Dec 9 with 5270 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

FFS. Hides thread.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

As Lambert has made the team worse why trust him with signings? on 10:05 - Dec 9 with 5266 viewsCheltenham_Blue

1/10 Pish poor effort.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

As Lambert has made the team worse why trust him with signings? on 10:05 - Dec 9 with 5265 viewsfabian_illness

The posts on here just get more and more bizarre.
As Lambert has made the team worse why trust him with signings? on 10:33 - Dec 9 with 5144 viewsEly_Blue

define worse?

if you mean we are still losing then I would say he has not made us worse.

as someone who watched most of hursts games I can honestly say they are chalk and cheese in terms of performance.

I give you the example of both managers last games.

Hurst vs Leeds - we were appalling, we could have still been playing now and we wouldnt have looked like creating a single chance let alone scoring

fast forward to yesterday - same scoreline but Lambert (shorn of a couple of the players that Hurst had available to him) and argueably we could have got a draw out of that game

You talk utter guff

He is getting far more from (the only correct thing you say in your post) "a poor bunch of players" than Hurst ever did

If we do go down I feel under Lambert we have a much better chance of coming back up than we would have under Hurst

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

As Lambert has made the team worse why trust him with signings? on 10:39 - Dec 9 with 5124 viewsbluejacko

As Lambert has made the team worse why trust him with signings? on 10:33 - Dec 9 by Ely_Blue

define worse?

as someone who watched most of hursts games I can honestly say they are chalk and cheese in terms of performance.

Hurst vs Leeds - we were appalling, we could have still been playing now and we wouldnt have looked like creating a single chance let alone scoring

fast forward to yesterday - same scoreline but Lambert (shorn of a couple of the players that Hurst had available to him) and argueably we could have got a draw out of that game

You talk utter guff

He is getting far more from (the only correct thing you say in your post) "a poor bunch of players" than Hurst ever did

If we do go down I feel under Lambert we have a much better chance of coming back up than we would have under Hurst

Why have you responded to such bollards? He is clearly an idiot an d should be ignored!
As Lambert has made the team worse why trust him with signings? on 13:12 - Dec 9 with 4963 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

As Lambert has made the team worse why trust him with signings? on 10:33 - Dec 9 by Ely_Blue

define worse?

You talk utter guff

Your example of us being better under Lambert is achieving the same scoreline in defeat against a worse side?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

As Lambert has made the team worse why trust him with signings? on 13:15 - Dec 9 with 4935 viewsRyorry

As Lambert has made the team worse why trust him with signings? on 10:05 - Dec 9 by Cheltenham_Blue

1/10 Pish poor effort.

Generous.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

As Lambert has made the team worse why trust him with signings? on 13:17 - Dec 9 with 4919 viewsRyorry

As Lambert has made the team worse why trust him with signings? on 13:12 - Dec 9 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Your example of us being better under Lambert is achieving the same scoreline in defeat against a worse side?

You're being disingenuous at best, and at worst are making yourself look a fool.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Login to get fewer ads

As Lambert has made the team worse why trust him with signings? on 13:35 - Dec 9 with 4871 viewsclive_baker

As Lambert has made the team worse why trust him with signings? on 10:05 - Dec 9 by Cheltenham_Blue

1/10 Pish poor effort.

Definite scum fan.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

As Lambert has made the team worse why trust him with signings? on 13:37 - Dec 9 with 4862 viewsTrequartista

The Board Police have decided that Mr Lambert is untouchable even if he loses every game, so any alternative opinion will not be tolerated.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

As Lambert has made the team worse why trust him with signings? on 13:39 - Dec 9 with 4839 viewsTrequartista

define worse?

You talk utter guff

You've just cherry-picked one of Hurst's worst performances and one of Lambert's better performances for comparison.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

As Lambert has made the team worse why trust him with signings? on 16:30 - Dec 9 with 4688 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

As Lambert has made the team worse why trust him with signings? on 13:17 - Dec 9 by Ryorry

You're being disingenuous at best, and at worst are making yourself look a fool.

Last week Ely_Blue was using the defeat against WBA in comparison to the Leeds game to show how we’d improved, now it’s the defeat at Stoke

Next week he might be explaining that the defeat against Wigan wasn’t as bad as the defeat against Middlesbrough

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

As Lambert has made the team worse why trust him with signings? on 16:33 - Dec 9 with 4682 viewsBlueNode

Lamberts reputation was built up the A140 but you have to look beyond that to see how he really operates.

If you really want to know what to expect from Lambert, then read this really long detailed beginning to end saga of his time at Villa.

The similarities between us and Villa even though they were in the Prem are incredible.
Lambert was expected to be able to do little with such a poor squad and he got a pass for it in the beginning.
For Evans read Lerner.
They loved his positivity at first. He churned out all the same soundbites he is churning out here.

Happy reading... its probably better to start at page 1, here are some insights.

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/12201-paul-lambert/?page=2

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/12201-paul-lambert/?page=100

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/12201-paul-lambert/?page=500

This thread has 1700 pages just change the page number on the url to jump around.
there is also a thread before this one from when he first joined.... look for it if you need to.

If Lambert can unearth a Benteke for us then brilliant.

Lambert is not beyond criticism in my book.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2018 16:34]

Synapse central - No, I have not got a cold!
Poll: Is it time now for a protest regarding Evans lack of investment in the Club?

As Lambert has made the team worse why trust him with signings? on 16:34 - Dec 9 with 4674 viewsMullet

As Lambert has made the team worse why trust him with signings? on 13:35 - Dec 9 by clive_baker

Definite scum fan.

Nah it's Newmie innit.

He's clearly grasping now Burley isn't about the place.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

As Lambert has made the team worse why trust him with signings? on 16:35 - Dec 9 with 4662 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

As Lambert has made the team worse why trust him with signings? on 13:37 - Dec 9 by Trequartista

The Board Police have decided that Mr Lambert is untouchable even if he loses every game, so any alternative opinion will not be tolerated.

How many games have you been to this season?

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

As Lambert has made the team worse why trust him with signings? on 16:36 - Dec 9 with 4650 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

You can tell the ones who go to games from the ones who don't. You can also tell the ones who have football knowledge from the ones who don't on this forum.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

As Lambert has made the team worse why trust him with signings? on 16:47 - Dec 9 with 4604 viewsCheltenham_Blue

As Lambert has made the team worse why trust him with signings? on 13:15 - Dec 9 by Ryorry

Generous.

..At best...

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

As Lambert has made the team worse why trust him with signings? on 16:49 - Dec 9 with 4586 viewsHerbivore

As Lambert has made the team worse why trust him with signings? on 16:36 - Dec 9 by TheTrueBlue1878

You can tell the ones who go to games from the ones who don't. You can also tell the ones who have football knowledge from the ones who don't on this forum.

Which categories do you fall into?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

As Lambert has made the team worse why trust him with signings? on 17:01 - Dec 9 with 4528 viewsEly_Blue

As Lambert has made the team worse why trust him with signings? on 13:39 - Dec 9 by Trequartista

You've just cherry-picked one of Hurst's worst performances and one of Lambert's better performances for comparison.

want me to pick another Hurst performance? 0-0 vs Bolton with them having 10 men?

want me to continue? Derby away?

Exeter away?

you want me to stop yet?

As Lambert has made the team worse why trust him with signings? on 17:03 - Dec 9 with 4521 viewsjpring89

So it’s Lamberts fault the players Hurst signed are not good enough. Even pep Klopp Pochettino or Mourinho would be lucky to be doing as well as Lambert is with the bunch he’s got.

Poll: What irritates you more ?

As Lambert has made the team worse why trust him with signings? on 17:05 - Dec 9 with 4513 viewsEly_Blue

As Lambert has made the team worse why trust him with signings? on 16:30 - Dec 9 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Last week Ely_Blue was using the defeat against WBA in comparison to the Leeds game to show how we’d improved, now it’s the defeat at Stoke

Next week he might be explaining that the defeat against Wigan wasn’t as bad as the defeat against Middlesbrough

and I stand by that, with the same group of pish that he was left by Hurst we have vastly improved from a footballing perspective, and had we someone who was threat up front we could have easily had 2 goals of our own yesterday, we had the same amount of possession, more shots rather than being outclassed as we were at Leeds.

by all means those who werent there yesterday can comment all they like but the difference in the team was clear for all of those that did attend to see

As Lambert has made the team worse why trust him with signings? on 17:06 - Dec 9 with 4505 viewsCurrie10

Well, as much as I dislike this thread you are statistically CORRECT - he is getting us less points a game than Hurst managed.

However, Lambert hasn't signed his own players and is having to use a very poor squad that was left to him from Hurst.

I think Lambert should be fully judged the start of March - when he's had a transfer window to bring some in.

If this is a serious post, that's my subjective view.

If this is a WUM effort, I've bit.

Meh, forums. Gotta be subjective.
As Lambert has made the team worse why trust him with signings? on 17:11 - Dec 9 with 4484 viewsDublinBlue84

Another one who hasn't seen many, if any games.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

As Lambert has made the team worse why trust him with signings? on 17:35 - Dec 9 with 4424 viewsmrtea

As Lambert has made the team worse why trust him with signings? on 17:11 - Dec 9 by DublinBlue84

Another one who hasn't seen many, if any games.

I haven’t seen any of your games but I’ve seen a lot of PL,s.
He is ( or maybe was ) very good at getting 100% out of players. player buying wansnt his strongest point.
As Lambert has made the team worse why trust him with signings? on 19:46 - Dec 9 with 4248 viewsbadadski

As Lambert has made the team worse why trust him with signings? on 17:35 - Dec 9 by mrtea

I haven’t seen any of your games but I’ve seen a lot of PL,s.
He is ( or maybe was ) very good at getting 100% out of players. player buying wansnt his strongest point.

Because our team is shi.te. There is currently not one first reamer that currently couldn't be replaced by a better player so pretty sure anyone he gets in will be an improvement.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024