Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The difference in standards of punishment between players and supporters 11:19 - Dec 11 with 763 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

This really doesn't sit right with me.

I have no issue on the face of it with Chelsea fans, or any other fans, being banned for racist abuse, invading the pitch or any other offence. There is no excuse for it, racism especially is quite sickening and any message that is sent out to deter people is fine by me in principal.

BUT ...

Suarez got something like an 8 game ban, as a professional, in the course of his employment, with millions of kids looking up to him for definitely calling Patrice Evra the N word. This was accepted with an excuse given about the South American meaning etc.

But fans will be banned for years, if not life, for being accused of saying similar to a player. Uneducated fans, with little expectations on their behaviour, not in the course of their employment, who may also have very slight mitigation of having been drinking and not being able to at least try and control their prejudice.

I'm not suggesting leniency for these fans that are proven to use racist language, but it doesn't sit right that players using racist or homophobic language are given bans for 3 games or 6 games and are back inside a month, whilst fans may never return.

It seems incredible that fans are given such a duty of care against players given the circumstances!
[Post edited 11 Dec 2018 11:25]

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Money talks on 11:21 - Dec 11 with 746 viewsDyland

and bullsh1t walks, innit.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Money doesn't talk on 11:31 - Dec 11 with 702 viewsfactual_blue

Money talks on 11:21 - Dec 11 by Dyland

and bullsh1t walks, innit.

...it swears.

You of all people should know that.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Money doesn't talk on 11:34 - Dec 11 with 688 viewsDyland

Money doesn't talk on 11:31 - Dec 11 by factual_blue

...it swears.

You of all people should know that.

How about...

Money swears and bullsh1t runs.

It doesn't work you old goat x

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

The difference in standards of punishment between players and supporters on 11:40 - Dec 11 with 666 viewsLeagueOne

We all know berks who say stupid stuff - as you say, it's not right but it's not fair racist, violent players get less punishment than some berk with a few beers in him shouting stuff from the stands.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024