Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm just going to leave this here... 15:37 - Dec 10 with 26989 viewsHerbivore

...as it's an interesting and honest read from David Mitchell: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/dec/09/my-beef-with-vegans-says-m

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I'm just going to leave this here... on 15:54 - Dec 10 with 6168 viewsEwan_Oozami

Forget the contractually obligated whimsical, slightly but not quite controversial, column - I hate David Mitchell because he stole Victoria Coren from me - well, not exactly "stole" as such, just made her intellectual (poker-playing) perfection totally unattainable

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

I'm just going to leave this here... on 15:57 - Dec 10 with 6155 viewsmonytowbray

I did read this yesterday. A very welcome opinion that is honest but doesn't plead ignorance/denial to the evidence in front of him.

I honestly believe dairy will be a dead industry within the next 20-30 years. Giving up meat perhaps within 80-200 years.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

I'm just going to leave this here... on 15:58 - Dec 10 with 6141 viewsjjblue84

The poor little lamb (no pun intended) hasn’t realised that people who campaign for ‘rights’ do so at the expense of others!
I'm just going to leave this here... on 16:01 - Dec 10 with 6130 viewsSwansea_Blue

I'm just going to leave this here... on 15:57 - Dec 10 by monytowbray

I did read this yesterday. A very welcome opinion that is honest but doesn't plead ignorance/denial to the evidence in front of him.

I honestly believe dairy will be a dead industry within the next 20-30 years. Giving up meat perhaps within 80-200 years.

You'll know this already, but if you stop drinking cows milk for any length of time it tastes absolutely disgusting if/when you come back to it. Imo anyway.

I don't think that adds anything to the thread, other than things are only seen as 'normal' through habit.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I'm just going to leave this here... on 16:01 - Dec 10 with 6128 viewsmonytowbray

I'm just going to leave this here... on 15:58 - Dec 10 by jjblue84

The poor little lamb (no pun intended) hasn’t realised that people who campaign for ‘rights’ do so at the expense of others!

Who's rights have been expensed on this subject?

TWTD never forgets…

I'm just going to leave this here... on 16:02 - Dec 10 with 6119 viewsgiant_stow

wow, surprisingly tricky to read - he's better on the telly for sure.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

I'm just going to leave this here... on 16:03 - Dec 10 with 6115 viewsmonytowbray

I'm just going to leave this here... on 16:01 - Dec 10 by Swansea_Blue

You'll know this already, but if you stop drinking cows milk for any length of time it tastes absolutely disgusting if/when you come back to it. Imo anyway.

I don't think that adds anything to the thread, other than things are only seen as 'normal' through habit.

I've said that on here a lot, that we're socially conditioned to not question and/or justify eating meat. But that apparently made me some kind of elitist preachy prick, despite making it clear most people have been victim of such thinking (myself included). It's the very reason people get outraged at the idea of a cat being fed the wrong diet or people in China eating dogs but don't bat an eyelid at stuffing their face with bacon or steak.

TWTD never forgets…

I'm just going to leave this here... on 16:03 - Dec 10 with 6114 viewsHerbivore

I'm just going to leave this here... on 15:54 - Dec 10 by Ewan_Oozami

Forget the contractually obligated whimsical, slightly but not quite controversial, column - I hate David Mitchell because he stole Victoria Coren from me - well, not exactly "stole" as such, just made her intellectual (poker-playing) perfection totally unattainable

I don't think you ever had a chance, mate.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

I'm just going to leave this here... on 16:03 - Dec 10 with 6112 viewsmonytowbray

I'm just going to leave this here... on 16:02 - Dec 10 by giant_stow

wow, surprisingly tricky to read - he's better on the telly for sure.

But you read it in his voice, right!?

TWTD never forgets…

I'm just going to leave this here... on 16:03 - Dec 10 with 6099 viewsStokieBlue

I'm just going to leave this here... on 15:57 - Dec 10 by monytowbray

Dairy is a possibility but I just don't see it happening with meat.

You could well be correct for farmed meat (although I suspect not in places like China but who knows how quickly things can change) but I think lab grown meat will be widespread by then and surely a good alternative.

On cooking with dairy alternatives, I've tried making dauphinoise with Oatly cream but it doesn't quite work, they need to come up with a double cream version. It did work pretty well for a cheesecake though.

SB
[Post edited 10 Dec 2018 16:07]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

I'm just going to leave this here... on 16:05 - Dec 10 with 6108 viewsgiant_stow

I'm just going to leave this here... on 16:03 - Dec 10 by monytowbray

But you read it in his voice, right!?

yes I did funnily enough, but dodging all the commas made it harder than it should have been.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

I'm just going to leave this here... on 16:19 - Dec 10 with 6052 viewsfactual_blue

I'm just going to leave this here... on 16:05 - Dec 10 by giant_stow

yes I did funnily enough, but dodging all the commas made it harder than it should have been.

You patently lack the benefits of a classical education; the commas make it easier to read.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

I'm just going to leave this here... on 16:24 - Dec 10 with 6033 viewsjjblue84

I'm just going to leave this here... on 16:01 - Dec 10 by monytowbray

Who's rights have been expensed on this subject?

Anyone who believes that you shouldn’t be forced to provide vegan food, should be a free choice!
I'm just going to leave this here... on 16:27 - Dec 10 with 6028 viewsgiant_stow

I'm just going to leave this here... on 16:19 - Dec 10 by factual_blue

You patently lack the benefits of a classical education; the commas make it easier to read.

I thought someone would pull me for that, but there were too many of the fckers. And yes I do lack a classical education.

I'm just going to leave this here... on 16:27 - Dec 10 with 6027 viewsm14_blue

I make him right.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts on the subject.

I also like sausages and don’t like change.
I'm just going to leave this here... on 16:41 - Dec 10 with 5991 viewsmonytowbray

I'm just going to leave this here... on 16:24 - Dec 10 by jjblue84

Anyone who believes that you shouldn’t be forced to provide vegan food, should be a free choice!

No one is "forcing" anyone to provide vegan food. It's a choice that businesses make based on wanting customers. Or if it's an event or staff do it's just polite.

Sounds like you're upset over something that has no effect on your life whatsoever. Which is very gammon* of you.

*Irony noted.

TWTD never forgets…

I'm just going to leave this here... on 16:57 - Dec 10 with 5946 viewsfactual_blue

I'm just going to leave this here... on 16:27 - Dec 10 by giant_stow

I thought someone would pull me for that, but there were too many of the fckers. And yes I do lack a classical education.

Well, young Prince George has been offered Latin lessons by Professor Dame Mary Beard, so you're way behind the curve.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

I'm just going to leave this here... on 17:00 - Dec 10 with 5929 viewsWD19

I'm just going to leave this here... on 16:01 - Dec 10 by Swansea_Blue

Some people used to consider it normal to smoke on tube trains.

Some people used to consider it normal to pinch the bottom of complete strangers as a sign of attraction.

Some people consider it normal to keep other species of animal in their house for their own entertainment.
I'm just going to leave this here... on 17:02 - Dec 10 with 5926 viewsgiant_stow

I'm just going to leave this here... on 16:57 - Dec 10 by factual_blue

Well, young Prince George has been offered Latin lessons by Professor Dame Mary Beard, so you're way behind the curve.

Blimey, not bad if you can get it - I thought my little one was lucky to be doing after-school french club!

I'm just going to leave this here... on 17:03 - Dec 10 with 5922 viewsEwan_Oozami

I'm just going to leave this here... on 16:03 - Dec 10 by Herbivore

I don't think you ever had a chance, mate.

I know, my poker game's rubbish, I'd be wiped out in less than half an hour against her!

Paraphrasing John Cleese as Brian Stimpson in Clockwise: "It's not the despair, I can stand the despair. It's the hope!"

Think a lot of us will be feeling that re: Town over the next few months.....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

I'm just going to leave this here... on 17:04 - Dec 10 with 5920 viewsgiant_stow

I'm just going to leave this here... on 17:00 - Dec 10 by WD19

Some people used to consider it normal to smoke on tube trains.

Some people used to consider it normal to pinch the bottom of complete strangers as a sign of attraction.

Some people consider it normal to keep other species of animal in their house for their own entertainment.

I miss coach B on the Norwich to London train. Even smoker's hated that, so there was always a seat.

I'm just going to leave this here... on 17:04 - Dec 10 with 5918 viewsTractorWood

The vegan rhetoric has made me more concious of my food decisions. I'm trying to eat less meat, vary the diet more and enjoy different food. However, I would really struggle to go full vegan because (as Callis implies) eating out, going to friends for dinner and constantly challenging social convention would be a big challenge.

Tried a chickpea and harissa flat bread the other day. It was pretty awful and definitely knocked me back a bit.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

I'm just going to leave this here... on 17:09 - Dec 10 with 5892 viewsjjblue84

I'm just going to leave this here... on 16:41 - Dec 10 by monytowbray

No one is "forcing" anyone to provide vegan food. It's a choice that businesses make based on wanting customers. Or if it's an event or staff do it's just polite.

Sounds like you're upset over something that has no effect on your life whatsoever. Which is very gammon* of you.

*Irony noted.

Oh yes they are... https://www.iwcp.co.uk/news/national/17281770.schools-and-hospitals-obliged-to-p
[Post edited 10 Dec 2018 17:10]
I'm just going to leave this here... on 17:37 - Dec 10 with 5848 viewshatch

My guess is 16 for this one.

16 pages.
I'm just going to leave this here... on 17:51 - Dec 10 with 5805 viewsmonytowbray

I'm just going to leave this here... on 17:09 - Dec 10 by jjblue84

Oh yes they are... https://www.iwcp.co.uk/news/national/17281770.schools-and-hospitals-obliged-to-p
[Post edited 10 Dec 2018 17:10]

And how exactly does this impact anyone’s free choice? Who is being supressed by this?

TWTD never forgets…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024