Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So was yesterday's vote 08:50 - Dec 13 with 5074 viewsbluelagos

the final death of hard brexit?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

So was yesterday's vote on 08:56 - Dec 13 with 4365 viewswkj

100% unequivocally yes... until it isn't again

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

So was yesterday's vote on 09:02 - Dec 13 with 4350 viewschicoazul

Not if May decides to quit. Not that there is any indication that she will.
And what we need to remember is that, even if the May deal goes through, there is always a good chance that extremist nutters will capture the Tory party the way others have done with Labour and wreck our new relationship with the EU in the future.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

So was yesterday's vote on 09:19 - Dec 13 with 4322 viewsPinewoodblue

A nice thought but somehow I doubt it. The only way to leave the EU without a hard Brexit is for Labour to support May's deal, or abstain.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

So was yesterday's vote on 10:08 - Dec 13 with 4300 viewsBasuco

It is more likely to be the beginning of the end of brexit.
So was yesterday's vote on 10:12 - Dec 13 with 4289 viewsblueislander

So was yesterday's vote on 09:19 - Dec 13 by Pinewoodblue

A nice thought but somehow I doubt it. The only way to leave the EU without a hard Brexit is for Labour to support May's deal, or abstain.

Or for the EU to make concessions, which, admittedly , doesn’t seem likely.
So was yesterday's vote on 10:28 - Dec 13 with 4279 viewsHARRY10

So was yesterday's vote on 10:08 - Dec 13 by Basuco

It is more likely to be the beginning of the end of brexit.

That began about 3 years ago.

An absurd idea that was never going to happen

Yes, it will take a bit more time, just as with jailing Trump but we can wait.
So was yesterday's vote on 10:37 - Dec 13 with 4245 viewsGlasgowBlue

So was yesterday's vote on 09:02 - Dec 13 by chicoazul

Not if May decides to quit. Not that there is any indication that she will.
And what we need to remember is that, even if the May deal goes through, there is always a good chance that extremist nutters will capture the Tory party the way others have done with Labour and wreck our new relationship with the EU in the future.

As you know I’m no fan of May but she has too strong a sense of public service to quit.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

So was yesterday's vote on 10:39 - Dec 13 with 4244 viewschicoazul

So was yesterday's vote on 10:37 - Dec 13 by GlasgowBlue

As you know I’m no fan of May but she has too strong a sense of public service to quit.

Didnt she say to her lot y'day "dont worry I will quit soon"?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Login to get fewer ads

So was yesterday's vote on 12:53 - Dec 13 with 4146 viewsGlasgowBlue

So was yesterday's vote on 10:39 - Dec 13 by chicoazul

Didnt she say to her lot y'day "dont worry I will quit soon"?

She said that she wouldn't fight the 2022 general election.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

So was yesterday's vote on 13:27 - Dec 13 with 4097 viewsjjblue84

Now it’s confirmed she’s a lame duck, hard Brexit is the only option!!
So was yesterday's vote on 13:32 - Dec 13 with 4083 viewsHerbivore

So was yesterday's vote on 13:27 - Dec 13 by jjblue84

Now it’s confirmed she’s a lame duck, hard Brexit is the only option!!

I'd be interested to see your workings on that one.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So was yesterday's vote on 13:55 - Dec 13 with 4034 viewsNo9

No! The tories are not going to have another vote until January, probably the thrid week. Alreay the erg group are saying they and the DUP will vote it down.
The Law to Leave the EU on 29/03/2019 is still on the statute and will need to be repealed otherwise the erg group can talk this out and we will be out with no agreement.

That is how things stand. IF the tories were serious about avoiding a hard brexit they would do something sooner.

The only other option is to delay Article 50 but I am sure the EU would need some assurance the tories would not ponce around like thay have for the last 21 months.

The erg group are really pi$$ed off today it's anyones guess what they will do next.
So was yesterday's vote on 14:08 - Dec 13 with 4012 views26_Paz

Hopefully it takes us closer to no deal.
May is staying until after Brexit, unless the useless articles in opposition manage to grow enough cajones to oust her (not going to happen). She can't get her deal through and the EU wont change the deal. Only way out is no deal. A clean break might be better for all concerned.

The Paz Man

So was yesterday's vote on 14:17 - Dec 13 with 3996 viewsPinewoodblue

So was yesterday's vote on 14:08 - Dec 13 by 26_Paz

May is staying until after Brexit, unless the useless articles in opposition manage to grow enough cajones to oust her (not going to happen). She can't get her deal through and the EU wont change the deal. Only way out is no deal. A clean break might be better for all concerned.

Isn't it a fact that parliament has already passed.a bill to leave the EU on 29th March unless a deal is agreed. This is why people talk of falling out of the EU

Shame we have have not taken steps to ensure that happens smoothly.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

So was yesterday's vote on 14:26 - Dec 13 with 3987 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

There is no more a hard Brexit or soft Brexit as a soft remain or hard remain. Brexit means leaving the EU entirely, not the fudge May has conjured up that does not please leavers or remainers. Still, she is an EU plant to p*** those who voted leave off by delaying so much that she, the EU and the remainers who is hoping those who originally voted leave will cave in and say 'lets stay'.

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

So was yesterday's vote on 14:31 - Dec 13 with 3979 viewsSpruceMoose

So was yesterday's vote on 14:26 - Dec 13 by Jonnosdreadlocks

There is no more a hard Brexit or soft Brexit as a soft remain or hard remain. Brexit means leaving the EU entirely, not the fudge May has conjured up that does not please leavers or remainers. Still, she is an EU plant to p*** those who voted leave off by delaying so much that she, the EU and the remainers who is hoping those who originally voted leave will cave in and say 'lets stay'.

I do love a good gammon steak for breakfast!

On another note, this...

"There is no more a hard Brexit or soft Brexit as a soft remain or hard remain."

...is utter bobbins. If you're going to be this strident about Brexit, you could at least, you know, attempt to look into it.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

So was yesterday's vote on 14:44 - Dec 13 with 3953 viewsHerbivore

So was yesterday's vote on 14:26 - Dec 13 by Jonnosdreadlocks

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!! Bless you, twinkle.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So was yesterday's vote on 14:49 - Dec 13 with 3942 viewschicoazul

So was yesterday's vote on 12:53 - Dec 13 by GlasgowBlue

She said that she wouldn't fight the 2022 general election.

Take your point but it kinda sounds like quitting my guy. Like when Mick said he was going to go once we were safe.
But I would say this; if Chairman May gets her deal through, and things go relatively ok for the first couple of years, she is going to be pretty popular. Indeed she might be the 2nd most popular politician in the UK by then.

So was yesterday's vote on 15:10 - Dec 13 with 3918 viewsblueislander

Just being pedantic, but the word you are looking for is cojones which means b-lls . Cajones are drawers (the ones found in cupboards, not the ones which cover a-ses)
[Post edited 13 Dec 2018 15:18]
So was yesterday's vote on 15:27 - Dec 13 with 3894 views26_Paz

So was yesterday's vote on 15:10 - Dec 13 by blueislander

Just being pedantic, but the word you are looking for is cojones which means b-lls . Cajones are drawers (the ones found in cupboards, not the ones which cover a-ses)
[Post edited 13 Dec 2018 15:18]

You must lead a really interesting life

The Paz Man

So was yesterday's vote on 15:31 - Dec 13 with 3886 viewsblueislander

So was yesterday's vote on 15:27 - Dec 13 by 26_Paz

Indeed I do, and The Spanish language played a big part in it.
So was yesterday's vote on 15:40 - Dec 13 with 3869 viewsslump

So was yesterday's vote on 15:27 - Dec 13 by 26_Paz

BI habla español

Shame on him for educating himself!

UTT

So was yesterday's vote on 15:54 - Dec 13 with 3840 viewsrgp1

I agree 100 per cent. Does anyone honestly believe that their local German manufactured car dealership is going to run out of new cars after March. I'm afraid to inform project fear that it ain't gonna happen!!
So was yesterday's vote on 16:03 - Dec 13 with 3817 viewsblueislander

So was yesterday's vote on 15:54 - Dec 13 by rgp1

I agree 100 per cent. Does anyone honestly believe that their local German manufactured car dealership is going to run out of new cars after March. I'm afraid to inform project fear that it ain't gonna happen!!

I don’t recall the lack of German cars for sale being a key issue. I do recall a slogan on a bus about vast amounts being invested in the NHS if we left the EU though.
So was yesterday's vote on 16:14 - Dec 13 with 3785 viewsfloridaboy

So was yesterday's vote on 16:03 - Dec 13 by blueislander

I don’t recall the lack of German cars for sale being a key issue. I do recall a slogan on a bus about vast amounts being invested in the NHS if we left the EU though.

Which I am sure was one of the main reasons for people to vote leave.

Well done Boris and Gove and that cretin Farage!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024