Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The next set of fixtures and the gap opening to 10 pts. 17:25 - Dec 26 with 1760 viewsMullet

Birmingham vs Brentford
Bolton vs Stoke
Bristol vs Rotherham
Millwall vs. Forest
QPR vs Reading
Swansea vs. Wigan

Given Boro are awful at home recently and lost again today to Wednesday, it stands to reason we'll get absolutely hammered now. That said, if we get anything at all I look at that lot and wonder if it's likely all of those results will go against us to the degree where we are totally sunk.

Even if it's just delaying the inevitable, the last 2 home performances were so heartening because even when outplayed or struggling we took points. Next up are two massive games where if we don't win we don't deserve to stay up anyway. I think we can take 6pts from them and if that means just halving the deficit back to something manageable I'd take it. But I do think perversely it's likely we won't be this far adrift again after next month.

Our win was no more of an anomaly than the ones picked up around us. If anything we've been performing better then our rivals in the short term, which is why I think we can take a loss at Boro and still be in with a shout although not much more room to fail.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

The next set of fixtures and the gap opening to 10 pts. on 17:32 - Dec 26 with 1698 viewsJimmyJazz

I’ll say the opposite we’ll get nothing at Boro cos we seem to be hopeless away, but I think those games could all go our way. Then it’s Millwall and Rotherham at home to follow

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

The next set of fixtures and the gap opening to 10 pts. on 17:34 - Dec 26 with 1694 viewshomer_123

I like the optimism, really I do.

Here's hoping.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

The next set of fixtures and the gap opening to 10 pts. on 18:34 - Dec 26 with 1566 viewsSWGF

We concede two or three goals in every away match. We don't score away from home. If we play to our absolute maximum, we're barely adequate at home. These aren't great combinations.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

The next set of fixtures and the gap opening to 10 pts. on 18:41 - Dec 26 with 1525 viewsMullet

The next set of fixtures and the gap opening to 10 pts. on 18:34 - Dec 26 by SWGF

We concede two or three goals in every away match. We don't score away from home. If we play to our absolute maximum, we're barely adequate at home. These aren't great combinations.

Which is why January needs to be such a catalyst in terms of signings and in terms of how we turn up to matches as players and fans.

I really loved what I've seen of Blue Action, it was a shame the one home game I got to this month they were perhaps a little underwhelming, because of the tense nature of the game and the all too familiar sense that a goal isn't enough.

Start back in January with two home wins and we can carry that belief into every home game and it feeds off each other.

The next set of fixtures and the gap opening to 10 pts. on 20:11 - Dec 26 with 1375 viewsMullet

The next set of fixtures and the gap opening to 10 pts. on 18:34 - Dec 26 by SWGF

https://www.soccerstats.com/formtable.asp?league=england2

I'm not sure if these are of any comfort or play out a pattern that shows even a marginal improvement from us relative to our rivals is enough?

We are 22nd over 6 and 10 games. Our home form over 8 sees us bottom but just those last two games sees us jump to 16th, which shows how crucial home form is.

Boro are right there with us especially over long term home form, which makes me wonder if early pressure might see them turn on their team a bit too. In the short term, home form sees all of our rivals below us, which means if we maintain decent home form they all need to match it too you'd assume.

Otherwise bridging that gap of 16th at home and 22nd overall over half a season is enough to see us stay up most likely. Our away form has utterly reversed thanks to today. However, six teams directly above us are getting worse whilst we remain the same. It's so bad down there, even 1 win in the next 3 see us average more points per game than all of them in the last 8.

Therefore every win is going to feel like we're back in it and every defeat like today I guess.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024