Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has chambers lost his mind? 17:55 - Dec 29 with 3682 viewsOxford_Blue

I just heard him claim that we dominated the game today and in others.

Has chambers lost his mind? on 17:57 - Dec 29 with 3663 viewschicoazul

People are being grossly unfair to Chambers Lambert and others for their comments. What do you expect them to say? Don't people know how football works? And purely on the stats I briefly saw today it seems we did indeed dominate possession today.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Has chambers lost his mind? on 18:03 - Dec 29 with 3611 viewschristiand

Is it based on the saying, ‘If you throw enough sh*t, some eventually sticks?’

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Has chambers lost his mind? on 18:04 - Dec 29 with 3606 viewsOxford_Blue

Has chambers lost his mind? on 17:57 - Dec 29 by chicoazul

People are being grossly unfair to Chambers Lambert and others for their comments. What do you expect them to say? Don't people know how football works? And purely on the stats I briefly saw today it seems we did indeed dominate possession today.

He has no credibility when he makes these claims.

It suggests there is real panic.

Would be better to be mildly positive but recognise the reality.
Has chambers lost his mind? on 18:04 - Dec 29 with 3590 viewsDarth_Koont

We did. But again didn't deliver or particularly pressure Boro in the attacking third.

Both QPR and Boro could have been massively different in results and perceptions of our overall performance if we had a player or two who could play a final ball or could make something out of a half-chance.

Pronouns: He/Him

Has chambers lost his mind? on 18:07 - Dec 29 with 3559 viewsLankHenners

Has chambers lost his mind? on 18:04 - Dec 29 by Darth_Koont

We did. But again didn't deliver or particularly pressure Boro in the attacking third.

Both QPR and Boro could have been massively different in results and perceptions of our overall performance if we had a player or two who could play a final ball or could make something out of a half-chance.

Very much like a team that gets relegated - plays ok in parts without creating any really good chances (or finishing off half-decent ones) and lets in soft goals at the back.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Has chambers lost his mind? on 18:08 - Dec 29 with 3535 viewsEastTownBlue

Has chambers lost his mind? on 18:04 - Dec 29 by Oxford_Blue

Do you expect to say "that was sh!t and there is not point bothering anymore as we are getting relegated" ?
Has chambers lost his mind? on 18:09 - Dec 29 with 3524 viewschicoazul

Has chambers lost his mind? on 18:04 - Dec 29 by Oxford_Blue

Nonsense.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Has chambers lost his mind? on 18:09 - Dec 29 with 3525 viewsTendring_Blue

Has chambers lost his mind? on 18:07 - Dec 29 by LankHenners

Very much like a team that gets relegated - plays ok in parts without creating any really good chances (or finishing off half-decent ones) and lets in soft goals at the back.

That's it, in a nutshell.
Login to get fewer ads

Has chambers lost his mind? on 18:12 - Dec 29 with 3493 viewsSteve_M

It's almost like selling good quality Championship players and not properly replacing them leaves a side unable to compete properly.

The cheerleading that accompanied every sale last Summer was remarkable even at the time.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Has chambers lost his mind? on 18:15 - Dec 29 with 3458 viewsLankHenners

Has chambers lost his mind? on 18:12 - Dec 29 by Steve_M

It's almost like selling good quality Championship players and not properly replacing them leaves a side unable to compete properly.

The cheerleading that accompanied every sale last Summer was remarkable even at the time.

Yeah but they were the signings we all wanted to see or whatever the excuse was.

People got so anti-Mick that the euphoria of having someone else in the hot seat completely fried their brains.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Has chambers lost his mind? on 18:22 - Dec 29 with 3413 viewsRegencyBlue

Has chambers lost his mind? on 17:57 - Dec 29 by chicoazul

I know why they do it but there comes a point when it just begins to look stupid.

Most Town fans have seen the writing on the wall for some time and are realistic about our chances of getting out of this, or not!

Not saying the club should publicly throw in the towel but a bit more realism is probably called for in the next few weeks.
Has chambers lost his mind? on 18:25 - Dec 29 with 3380 viewsOxford_Blue

Has chambers lost his mind? on 18:09 - Dec 29 by chicoazul

Nonsense.

Thanks for the well constructed and reasoned argument.
Has chambers lost his mind? on 18:30 - Dec 29 with 3343 viewsnshearman1

Has chambers lost his mind? on 18:22 - Dec 29 by RegencyBlue

I know why they do it but there comes a point when it just begins to look stupid.

Most Town fans have seen the writing on the wall for some time and are realistic about our chances of getting out of this, or not!

Not saying the club should publicly throw in the towel but a bit more realism is probably called for in the next few weeks.

Got to agree with this. Simply repeating that we've been 'absolutely brilliant' is patent b****x. Lambert and Chambers are seasoned media interviewees and they can surely choose their words more carefully and therefore credibly (apart from the odd f***) in their efforts to gee up players and supporters.
Has chambers lost his mind? on 18:37 - Dec 29 with 3310 viewsDarth_Koont

True. But we clearly haven't recruited the right players or combination of players up front and in that attacking midfield position.

We lost Garner, Waghorn and McGoldrick plus Celina and arguably we're now looking to Sears to both create and score goals when he was more of a team player and willing runner before.

Pronouns: He/Him

Has chambers lost his mind? on 18:43 - Dec 29 with 3288 viewshorsehollerer

No, he said we were dominating the game right before the penalty decision, which we were starting to do. At that point, Town had 56% of possession, 3-1 in shots on target, and had completed about 80 more passes than Boro. We could've been a couple of goals up at that point. (Sears and Chalobah). Yes, he may have been exaggerating a little but we were definitely the team in the ascendency right before the dodgy pen.

Blog: The Late, Late Blubfest Show

Has chambers lost his mind? on 18:45 - Dec 29 with 3276 viewschicoazul

Has chambers lost his mind? on 18:22 - Dec 29 by RegencyBlue

Can you begin to imagine the stick Chambers would get if he said "there is a very good chance we are going down" in a post match presser??? Or if Downes had said "yeah most of the lads who arrived in the summer have been gash TBQHWY"???

Has chambers lost his mind? on 18:46 - Dec 29 with 3265 viewsblueconscience

Has chambers lost his mind? on 18:08 - Dec 29 by EastTownBlue

Do you expect to say "that was sh!t and there is not point bothering anymore as we are getting relegated" ?

He might as well, because we all know it, and they all know it.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Has chambers lost his mind? on 18:51 - Dec 29 with 3234 viewsnshearman1

Has chambers lost his mind? on 18:45 - Dec 29 by chicoazul

Can you begin to imagine the stick Chambers would get if he said "there is a very good chance we are going down" in a post match presser??? Or if Downes had said "yeah most of the lads who arrived in the summer have been gash TBQHWY"???

Of course not. This is another example of putting down an argument by giving a ridiculously absurd and extreme version of it. People are just saying that in their post-match arguments they should give more measured and credible responses. Clearly it's not been taken very credibly, hence a number of threads on here about it. Shouldn't be difficult for seasoned pros.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024