Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before 17:14 - Jan 1 with 16360 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

It’s all over.

I won’t even post the usual Evans thread. There’s no point. I’m in a minority that can see what’s gone one.

What a sad day for this club.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 17:16 - Jan 1 with 9481 viewsjas0999

... actually I don’t think you are in the minority, I think most recognise Evans failing in this. Or at least should.
That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 17:17 - Jan 1 with 9445 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 17:16 - Jan 1 by jas0999

... actually I don’t think you are in the minority, I think most recognise Evans failing in this. Or at least should.

I disagree

Any criticism of Evans doesn’t go down too well on here.

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 17:20 - Jan 1 with 9356 viewsnoggin

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 17:17 - Jan 1 by The_Romford_Blue

I disagree

I think the problem is, there is no alternative.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 17:22 - Jan 1 with 9295 viewsPendejo

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 17:20 - Jan 1 by noggin

Clegg then?

Milne?

The fickle finger of fate?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 17:24 - Jan 1 with 9219 viewstractorboy7777

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 17:20 - Jan 1 by noggin

The problem is, that’s what we’re told. Much like the five point plan Evans spoke of.

How can anyone categorily say there is no alternative unless they are high up in the club. Evans may well have already been approached but rejected it, but who actually knows?

Poll: If ticket prices were the same in SBR upper and lower, where would you choose?

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 17:29 - Jan 1 with 9138 viewspeterleeblue

Feck that I will

EVANS OUT!
That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 17:31 - Jan 1 with 9095 viewsStokieBlue

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 17:17 - Jan 1 by The_Romford_Blue

I disagree

That's not true Rommers as you well know.

Criticism is fine and merited. What is annoying is you posting rants about it without offering a single solution despite numerous posters asking you for one.

SB

Avatar - IC484 - Horsehead and Flame Nebulae

on 17:31 - Jan 1 with 9090 views_

Login to get fewer ads

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 17:35 - Jan 1 with 9023 viewsJ2BLUE

on 17:31 - Jan 1 by _

It's the black and white, no shades of grey thing again. If you refuse to blame Evans for everything and spread rumours that he's really a lizard you clearly love him.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 17:35 - Jan 1 with 9025 viewsJakeITFC

You’re not in a minority, you just think that you are being some sort of genius by saying it.

We are a basket-case of a club going further backwards, that have a huge operating loss every year and are about to get relegated. Why would people be queuing up to buy us? How will removing the money that plugs that operating loss every year make us better?
That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 17:40 - Jan 1 with 8939 viewsTractorWood

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 17:31 - Jan 1 by StokieBlue

Criticism is fine and merited. What is annoying is you posting rants about it without offering a single solution despite numerous posters asking you for one.

SB

This is the point. He bought the club at point when some reasonable investment and a decent strategy could get you up pretty quickly. The finances of the game have totally changed and Evans has changed strategy to reflect the funds he's already sunk. We've tried to do it tough and dirty with MM and it didn't quite work.

I see no evidence to suggest we are an appealing prospect for investment without owning the land under PR and very few valuable assets.

I think it will get far worse before it gets any better. He certainly won't put any significant money in, in January even if someone decent would bizarrely want to join us. I think we need to sign up the youngsters to longer term deals.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 17:45 - Jan 1 with 8838 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 17:35 - Jan 1 by JakeITFC

You’re not in a minority, you just think that you are being some sort of genius by saying it.

We are a basket-case of a club going further backwards, that have a huge operating loss every year and are about to get relegated. Why would people be queuing up to buy us? How will removing the money that plugs that operating loss every year make us better?

I’ve never said I’m a genius. Quite the opposite. It’s a pretty simple concept to grasp.

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 17:46 - Jan 1 with 8805 viewsDennyx4

Don't think you are in the minority, probably about 50/50 at present.
on 17:47 - Jan 1 with 8768 views_

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 17:45 - Jan 1 by The_Romford_Blue

I’ve never said I’m a genius. Quite the opposite. It’s a pretty simple concept to grasp.

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 17:56 - Jan 1 with 8672 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

on 17:47 - Jan 1 by _

What am I struggling with here Libs?

Am I supposed to be grateful for Evans ruining this club?

Under Evans:
- He sacked Magilton.
- We’ve not beaten the Scum in 10 years.
- We’ve had 1 playoff (failed) run in his entire reign.
- When miraculously 2nd in January, he refused to invest in January.
- We’ve not won an FA Cup game in 9 years.
- Attendances have dropped 10k.
- We continually sell our best players and fail to replace them.
- We are now being relegated to the third tier for the first time in 59 years.

So let me apologise for not being as pleased that Evans is in charge as others appear to be.

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 17:58 - Jan 1 with 8643 viewspeterleeblue

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 17:56 - Jan 1 by The_Romford_Blue

Under Evans:
- He sacked Magilton.

So let me apologise for not being as pleased that Evans is in charge as others appear to be.

POTD! Maybe even POTY!
That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 17:59 - Jan 1 with 8621 viewsStokieBlue

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 17:56 - Jan 1 by The_Romford_Blue

Under Evans:
- He sacked Magilton.

Some of those are Evans fault, some clearly aren't.

+ We still have a club.

SB

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 18:02 - Jan 1 with 8575 viewsbackwaywhen

As I left my seat less than 10 feet from ME box / seat ... I shouted happy new year Marcus , now get out of our great club ! , greeted by bemused looks from most in the directors box ... by the way he wasn’t there today .
RIP my beloved Blues.
That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 18:02 - Jan 1 with 8566 viewstractorboy7777

Under Evans:
- He sacked Magilton.

Add to it:
- Increased cost of already expensive tickets following our worst season and 60 years
- The stadium is falling into disrepair (I’ve said before that even the loo’s wouldn’t flush in the SBRU for over a year, although this has now been rectified!)

Poll: If ticket prices were the same in SBR upper and lower, where would you choose?

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 18:04 - Jan 1 with 8532 viewsJakeITFC

Under Evans:
- He sacked Magilton.

Yes, we all know that.

Doesn’t answer the question of what’s the alternative though, does it?

Evans going only makes it better if some other mug wants to come and waste his money on us.
That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 18:14 - Jan 1 with 8399 viewsblueconscience

Under Evans:
- He sacked Magilton.

Sums up the Church of Evans pretty well, good job

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 18:16 - Jan 1 with 8364 viewsBenters2

Under Evans:
- He sacked Magilton.

I cant so how anybody wont agree with any of those points mate.

Its a uppie from me.
That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 18:22 - Jan 1 with 8250 viewsWD19

Under Evans:
- He sacked Magilton.

Don’t forget...

- The FTSE dropped 12% this year
- I am older, slower and have less hair
- Global warming continues unabated
- Knife crime continues to rise

Fkn Evans.
I absolutely hate this statement and here's why... on 18:22 - Jan 1 with 8248 viewsScottCandage

That’s the saddest I’ve ever been leaving a stadium before on 17:31 - Jan 1 by StokieBlue

SB

You have no right to demand answers of someone who complains. The customer who complains of a product has no need to come up with a solution to the product-provider's product. She either will or won't buy the product based on the results. All the consumer can do is say, "Fix this or I won't buy it."

Fix it, Marcus. Or sell to someone who will. It's not about can. You CAN. It might cost you, but you CAN. You just WON'T.
I absolutely hate this statement and here's why... on 18:25 - Jan 1 with 8199 viewsStokieBlue

I absolutely hate this statement and here's why... on 18:22 - Jan 1 by ScottCandage

You have no right to demand answers of someone who complains. The customer who complains of a product has no need to come up with a solution to the product-provider's product. She either will or won't buy the product based on the results. All the consumer can do is say, "Fix this or I won't buy it."

Fix it, Marcus. Or sell to someone who will. It's not about can. You CAN. It might cost you, but you CAN. You just WON'T.

Disagree.

This is a forum, if someone is going to rant continually (which he has done for weeks) then they should at least have a vision or some form of solution they would like to see implemented.

For instance, I could say I don't like your forum picture (I do by the way) and rant about it for months. I know what solution I'd like, I would want you to change it. If I ranted about it without knowing what I would like done what would be the point?

As for your final sentence, you make it sound like there is a line winding around the block at Portman Road full of buyers just chomping at the bit to take over.

SB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024