Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Simple version dictates a complete change of tact 08:06 - Jan 2 with 2646 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

I am all in favour of Evans changing strategy and not spending any money in this window to be honest on loans or transfers.

The only caveat is if doing so secures Lambert. We need to keep him. He’s the best chance we have of getting back into the Championship and building.

Looking at what the other teams will finish on if they carry on at the current rate:

Brentford 50
Millwall 50
Wigan 46
ROTHERHAM 44
Bolton 40
Reading 35

We have 15 points and need to catch Rotherham.

We need 30 points to overtake them based on this simple prediction, which means that from 20 games we need 1.5 points per game. That is what Forest, Birmingham and QPR have managed. The teams in 7th to 9th.

We need to go from winning 2 games in 26 to the form of teams who have won between 9 and 11 of their 26 matches. That would mean we need approximately 7 to 9 wins in 20 games!

It’s over.

This is on the basis that the other teams are as bad as they have been in what’s Looking an abysmally low total for some of the dross at the bottom.

Even if we beat Rotherham we need to make up 24 points (arguing it’s a 6 pointer). That’s still the form of a top half team until season end.

That’s taking into account that we massively improve but none of the three above us even slightly improve!

We are down. It would be a miracle to get us safe now. Even where teams have achieved similar great escapes they have had much much better squads that us.

Gerken, Kenlock, Chambers, Pennington and Spence is a backline nobody would bat an eyelid at in League One.

I believed up until yesterday but that loss with Rotherham’s win has done for us. If I was Evans I would be asking Lambert to commit to his future, asking him to do his best with what we have, blood some more youths and promising we will be one of the biggest budgets next season.

It’s done. It’s excruciating. But coming back from this would be the greatest escape and not even the part of me that dares to dream can imagine that.

[Post edited 2 Jan 2019 8:08]

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Simple version dictates a complete change of tact on 08:09 - Jan 2 with 2617 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

These posts are getting boring.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Simple version dictates a complete change of tact on 08:11 - Jan 2 with 2606 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Simple version dictates a complete change of tact on 08:09 - Jan 2 by Marshalls_Mullet

Don’t read them then.

Replies like yours are getting much more boring.

Simple version dictates a complete change of tact on 08:18 - Jan 2 with 2572 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Simple version dictates a complete change of tact on 08:11 - Jan 2 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Don’t read them then.

Replies like yours are getting much more boring.

It's very likely we'll go down, but an outside chance we'll stay up.

If some people want to have hope, that's ok.

Each to their own.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Simple version dictates a complete change of tact on 08:25 - Jan 2 with 2553 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Simple version dictates a complete change of tact on 08:18 - Jan 2 by Marshalls_Mullet

It's very likely we'll go down, but an outside chance we'll stay up.

If some people want to have hope, that's ok.

Each to their own.

I hope to have a threesome with Shantal Vanstanten and Anna Torv.

But being realistic .......

Simple version dictates a complete change of tact on 08:28 - Jan 2 with 2537 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Simple version dictates a complete change of tact on 08:25 - Jan 2 by WarkTheWarkITFC

I hope to have a threesome with Shantal Vanstanten and Anna Torv.

But being realistic .......

Each to their own.

I won't go out of my way to dampen your hope.

Simple version dictates a complete change of tact on 08:35 - Jan 2 with 2510 viewsBlueBadger

*change of of tack.

Changing our tact would involve telling the players exactly how rubbish they are, for example..

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Simple version dictates a complete change of tact on 08:36 - Jan 2 with 2513 viewsMach_foreignBlue

One of the biggest budgets next season? Are you in the fantasy world? Whether it is the current transfer window or the summer one there won't be money to spend. We are owned by Evans, don't you know that?

Most likely we'll be getting in the Southend or Luton rejects next season to fill the gaps in the team.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2019 8:36]
Simple version dictates a complete change of tact on 08:38 - Jan 2 with 2491 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Simple version dictates a complete change of tact on 08:36 - Jan 2 by Mach_foreignBlue

One of the biggest budgets next season? Are you in the fantasy world? Whether it is the current transfer window or the summer one there won't be money to spend. We are owned by Evans, don't you know that?

Most likely we'll be getting in the Southend or Luton rejects next season to fill the gaps in the team.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2019 8:36]

You do realise if we spent £2m next season in fees that would be big for League One?

We could cut the wage bill from £18m to £9m and use just a couple of million to really go for it.

Login to get fewer ads

Simple version dictates a complete change of tact on 08:41 - Jan 2 with 2471 viewsHerbivore

Simple version dictates a complete change of tact on 08:38 - Jan 2 by WarkTheWarkITFC

You do realise if we spent £2m next season in fees that would be big for League One?

We could cut the wage bill from £18m to £9m and use just a couple of million to really go for it.

He are we going to half our wage bill?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Simple version dictates a complete change of tact on 08:48 - Jan 2 with 2452 viewschristiand

Simple version dictates a complete change of tact on 08:09 - Jan 2 by Marshalls_Mullet

It’s getting boring because you know it’s true.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Simple version dictates a complete change of tact on 08:49 - Jan 2 with 2446 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Simple version dictates a complete change of tact on 08:41 - Jan 2 by Herbivore

He are we going to half our wage bill?

Bart will be off. Knudsen will leave. Chambers will be out of contract so would have to accept reduced terms.

Three biggest earners there? Other big one likely to be Skuse.

Loan players will disappear which is another chunk. Pennington, Chalobah etc will be on a bit.

Will leave kids and League One and Two signings who wouldn’t be on big Championship money.

With a couple more that may be subject to bids it’s not impossible to consider. Even more so if Huws, Adeyemi etc move on.

Aren’t Sears, Ward etc close to the end of their deals too?
[Post edited 2 Jan 2019 8:52]

Simple version dictates a complete change of tact on 09:05 - Jan 2 with 2387 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Simple version dictates a complete change of tact on 08:48 - Jan 2 by christiand

It may be true, it be not be true.

It's the preachy nature of the post that I disagree with.

For what it's worth, I gave up hope yesterday. But that doesn't mean I want to extinguish the hope of others.

Simple version dictates a complete change of tact on 09:10 - Jan 2 with 2376 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Simple version dictates a complete change of tact on 08:38 - Jan 2 by WarkTheWarkITFC

I do realise that under Evans and his regime there is only one direction for the club and that is DOWN. Non-stop down.
Simple version dictates a complete change of tact on 09:13 - Jan 2 with 2358 viewsBlueBadger

We won't do that.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Simple version dictates a complete change of tact on 09:14 - Jan 2 with 2350 viewsHerbivore

Simple version dictates a complete change of tact on 08:49 - Jan 2 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Bart will be off. Knudsen will leave. Chambers will be out of contract so would have to accept reduced terms.

Three biggest earners there? Other big one likely to be Skuse.

Loan players will disappear which is another chunk. Pennington, Chalobah etc will be on a bit.

Will leave kids and League One and Two signings who wouldn’t be on big Championship money.

With a couple more that may be subject to bids it’s not impossible to consider. Even more so if Huws, Adeyemi etc move on.

Aren’t Sears, Ward etc close to the end of their deals too?
[Post edited 2 Jan 2019 8:52]

Where will Bart go exactly? He's had a poor season and is on a big contract here, nobody will match the terms we've given him. Losing a few big earners will shave a couple of million off the wage bill, it won't half it.

Simple version dictates a complete change of tact on 09:17 - Jan 2 with 2347 viewsRegencyBlue

We are done for, I agree with that, but why do people think that Evans is going to finance a meaningful budget next season? Unless he performs a complete '180' its more likely he will go for his default position of cutting the budget even further.

We apparently lose £7 million TV revenue straight away and even if Evans cuts ticket prices substantially, which I think he is going to have to do, season ticket sales will be well down. True our costs will be reduced but the fall in income will be dramatic to say the least.

I have absolutely no faith in our owner to do anything other than to keep running this club into the ground!
Simple version dictates a complete change of tact on 09:27 - Jan 2 with 2283 viewsHerbivore

Simple version dictates a complete change of tact on 08:48 - Jan 2 by christiand

What is true?

Simple version dictates a complete change of tact on 10:10 - Jan 2 with 2193 viewsmrshallisfit

How is Evan's not spending money in a transfer window a change in policy. It is his Status Quo surely?
Simple version dictates a complete change of tact on 10:11 - Jan 2 with 2190 viewsmrshallisfit

Simple version dictates a complete change of tact on 09:17 - Jan 2 by RegencyBlue

We are done for, I agree with that, but why do people think that Evans is going to finance a meaningful budget next season? Unless he performs a complete '180' its more likely he will go for his default position of cutting the budget even further.

We apparently lose £7 million TV revenue straight away and even if Evans cuts ticket prices substantially, which I think he is going to have to do, season ticket sales will be well down. True our costs will be reduced but the fall in income will be dramatic to say the least.

I have absolutely no faith in our owner to do anything other than to keep running this club into the ground!

Yep.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024