Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Adeyemi and Huws 09:27 - Jan 3 with 6053 viewsKeaneish

Terminate their contracts this window or persevere? We have a bloated midfield and an imbalanced one without their experience especially with Skusr sidelined. Stick or twist?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Adeyemi and Huws on 09:29 - Jan 3 with 4191 viewsElderGrizzly

Adeyemi is up in the summer anyway?

And Huws is apparently going to be involved vs Rotherham, so no. Plus terminating would cost well over £1m
Adeyemi and Huws on 09:30 - Jan 3 with 4176 viewsSuperfrans

Terminating any contracts requires us to pay them up. So, no, there’s no point, they would cost us the same anyway.

Plus, Huws is on the verge of returning, so it would be bonkers.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Adeyemi and Huws on 09:32 - Jan 3 with 4158 viewsArnieM

Get rid . They are taking up valuable financial resources and giving the Club Nothing in return. We can’t afford to carry passengers now. If they can’t play , get rid!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Adeyemi and Huws on 09:34 - Jan 3 with 4140 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Huws is the Saviour... Much like Sears was a couple of months ago when he wasn't playing and Bishop has been for the past couple of years.

In fact I'm pretty sure Adayemi is getting better each week he doesn't play.

The serious answer is that These 2 could well be the best central midfielders at the club. Huws has proven his quality for us and Adayemi has bags of Championship experience and is an athletic player we have a dire shortage of at the moment
Adeyemi and Huws on 09:36 - Jan 3 with 4123 viewsKeaneish

Adeyemi and Huws on 09:30 - Jan 3 by Superfrans

Terminating any contracts requires us to pay them up. So, no, there’s no point, they would cost us the same anyway.

Plus, Huws is on the verge of returning, so it would be bonkers.

Huws has been on the verge of returning all season. It’s not going to happen. I bet Lambert still hasn’t even had a chance to have a decent look at them to assesss if they’re what he needs, especially Adeyemi. Paying them up and bringing in what he does want at least allows us to get fit, experienced players in to help the cause. Huws and Adeyemi aren’t going to keep us up sat in the treatment room.

Adeyemi and Huws on 09:37 - Jan 3 with 4103 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Adeyemi and Huws on 09:36 - Jan 3 by Keaneish

Huws has been on the verge of returning all season. It’s not going to happen. I bet Lambert still hasn’t even had a chance to have a decent look at them to assesss if they’re what he needs, especially Adeyemi. Paying them up and bringing in what he does want at least allows us to get fit, experienced players in to help the cause. Huws and Adeyemi aren’t going to keep us up sat in the treatment room.

What do we gain from paying up their contracts, exactly?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Adeyemi and Huws on 09:39 - Jan 3 with 4093 viewsMullet

Adeyemi and Huws on 09:37 - Jan 3 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

What do we gain from paying up their contracts, exactly?

Paul Hurst? And then, no more Paul Hurst?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Adeyemi and Huws on 09:40 - Jan 3 with 4080 viewsGuthrum

Adeyemi and Huws on 09:36 - Jan 3 by Keaneish

Them being here doesn't stop us getting new players in. As others have said, if we terminate their contracts, the club has to pay up the balance of their wages (think of it like a redundancy lump sum).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Adeyemi and Huws on 09:58 - Jan 3 with 4016 viewsKeaneish

Adeyemi and Huws on 09:40 - Jan 3 by Guthrum

Them being here doesn't stop us getting new players in. As others have said, if we terminate their contracts, the club has to pay up the balance of their wages (think of it like a redundancy lump sum).

Adeyemi is out of contract this summer anyway and Huws has played 5 games in 2 years. They’re needless drains on the wage resource at present. If we pay up their contracts, which could be negotiated, their wages are freed up. I take the point we have to pay them off anyway so financially it’s largely irrelevant for the club but it allows PL to manoeuvre in the transfer market more providing the board are prepared to fund dissolving their contracts. Surely given the peril we’re in, it’s more sensible to do this than tie PL to a financial burden which has no hope of assisting our fight against the drop?

Adeyemi and Huws on 10:04 - Jan 3 with 3978 viewsITFCBlues

Adeyemi and Huws on 09:58 - Jan 3 by Keaneish

Adeyemi is out of contract this summer anyway and Huws has played 5 games in 2 years. They’re needless drains on the wage resource at present. If we pay up their contracts, which could be negotiated, their wages are freed up. I take the point we have to pay them off anyway so financially it’s largely irrelevant for the club but it allows PL to manoeuvre in the transfer market more providing the board are prepared to fund dissolving their contracts. Surely given the peril we’re in, it’s more sensible to do this than tie PL to a financial burden which has no hope of assisting our fight against the drop?

When we terminate their contracts do we just stop paying them then?

We will be paying them in full regardless!

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Adeyemi and Huws on 10:06 - Jan 3 with 3960 viewsHerbivore

Adeyemi and Huws on 09:58 - Jan 3 by Keaneish

How will it free up funds? We will still have to pay the full value of their contracts.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Adeyemi and Huws on 10:13 - Jan 3 with 3921 viewsBurwell_Blue

Lots of people incorrect on this thread.

When you settle up a contract, you do not pay up in full. An agreement is reached with the player in question for a certain percentage of their remaining contractual salary to be paid, so that they are free to leave immediately and start earning again.

The club benefit from the reduction in the salary payments and the associated insurance costs (amongst others)
Adeyemi and Huws on 10:22 - Jan 3 with 3867 viewsBluefish

Adeyemi and Huws on 10:13 - Jan 3 by Burwell_Blue

When you settle up a contract, you do not pay up in full. An agreement is reached with the player in question for a certain percentage of their remaining contractual salary to be paid, so that they are free to leave immediately and start earning again.

The club benefit from the reduction in the salary payments and the associated insurance costs (amongst others)

This thread is pure comedy gold. You cannot just pay up a contract in part and kick someone out of the door, sometimes things aren't working out for a football so they accept part of their contract being paid up and then finding employment elsewhere. An injured footballer is unable to do that so they would be giving away their entitled money and also footing the bill for their medical expenses. Why on earth would they do that? A contract is a binding agreement that we have to honour unless both sides have an advantage to terminate it, that is clearly not the case here, especially for Adeyemi.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Adeyemi and Huws on 10:22 - Jan 3 with 3873 viewsSWGF

An agreement is reached only if both parties agree to it.

Why would an injured player want "to leave immediately and start earning again" if they can't start earning again, immediately?

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Adeyemi and Huws on 10:23 - Jan 3 with 3856 viewsHARRY10

eh ?

How does an injured Adeyemi 'start earning again' ?

This thread highlights how little some fans grasp about the very basics of a player's contract.
Adeyemi and Huws on 10:27 - Jan 3 with 3818 viewsrickw

Only if they agree to a lower amount, and whilst they're injured they aren't going to be earning again so it won't be in their interest to take less than what they're entitled to.

What is in their interest is trying to prove their fitness and quality between now and the end of the season to earn a new deal here or elsewhere

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Adeyemi and Huws on 10:29 - Jan 3 with 3797 viewsPositivelyPortman

Adeyemi and Huws on 09:39 - Jan 3 by Mullet

Paul Hurst? And then, no more Paul Hurst?

Congratulations Mullet, you managed to get yet another totally pointless dig.
You’re obsessed with the man.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Adeyemi and Huws on 10:30 - Jan 3 with 3795 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

If it is a mutual termination with the player agreeing to it, yes. Not if they don’t - see Michael Johnson at Man City

I see others have already pointed out the obvious so I won’t bother

Adeyemi and Huws on 10:38 - Jan 3 with 3729 viewsBurwell_Blue

Adeyemi and Huws on 10:30 - Jan 3 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

If it is a mutual termination with the player agreeing to it, yes. Not if they don’t - see Michael Johnson at Man City

I see others have already pointed out the obvious so I won’t bother

I was not referring to the two names that the OP proposed.

I was simply correcting those that assumed 'paying up a contract' would involve the full 100% of entitled contractual pay. Something that many people thought would happen.
Adeyemi and Huws on 10:40 - Jan 3 with 3708 viewsHerbivore

Adeyemi and Huws on 10:38 - Jan 3 by Burwell_Blue

I was simply correcting those that assumed 'paying up a contract' would involve the full 100% of entitled contractual pay. Something that many people thought would happen.

Nice backtrack. The default is their contract has to be paid up unless they are willing to settle on a lower figure.

Adeyemi and Huws on 10:44 - Jan 3 with 3686 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Adeyemi and Huws on 10:38 - Jan 3 by Burwell_Blue

Many people suggested it would happen - in response to the idea of paying up the contracts of Huws and Adeyemi

Adeyemi and Huws on 10:50 - Jan 3 with 3643 viewsBurwell_Blue

Adeyemi and Huws on 10:40 - Jan 3 by Herbivore

Nice backtrack. The default is their contract has to be paid up unless they are willing to settle on a lower figure.

Oh lord.

Yes, people will hopefully be aware of that. That is what makes it a 'contract'
Adeyemi and Huws on 10:54 - Jan 3 with 3630 viewsHerbivore

Adeyemi and Huws on 10:50 - Jan 3 by Burwell_Blue

Oh lord.

Yes, people will hopefully be aware of that. That is what makes it a 'contract'

So what was your point again?

Adeyemi and Huws on 10:55 - Jan 3 with 3623 viewsBurwell_Blue

Adeyemi and Huws on 10:54 - Jan 3 by Herbivore

So what was your point again?

I was simply correcting you, amongst others

"How will it free up funds? We will still have to pay the full value of their contracts."

HTH
Adeyemi and Huws on 11:07 - Jan 3 with 3564 viewsKeaneish

Adeyemi and Huws on 10:06 - Jan 3 by Herbivore

How will it free up funds? We will still have to pay the full value of their contracts.

Let’s say Adeyemi and Huws are on 20k a week between them for arguments sake. That’s £20k a week PL has less to spend on wages. IF (and it’s a big IF) the club terminate their contracts they’d need to settle up a lump sum for both of them. That lump sum wouldn’t come out of PL’s annual wage budget for players would it? It would be paid from another pot by the club and written off as yet another operating loss. Question is, would PL get that 20k to use or not? I’ve never seen or heard of a contract cancellation reducing that season’s player wage budget but I might be wrong.

Either way, it’s a moot point. As if Evan’s is ever going I pay up Huw’s contract given he’s here for another two seasons! Problem is, Adeyemi and Huws are ineffective at the moment so are they worth keeping or not? Will Huws stay if we go down? Will anyone buy Huws if we go down given his injury record? He’s going to be a big wage burden in League One...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024