Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I like Lambert, he's clearly getting the club in order 17:41 - Jan 5 with 677 viewshomer_123

As much as he can. And he wants us to play a certain way, clearly wanting us to play some passing football.

That's great, laudable and it's football we all want to see.

However, there is a reality here. Right now, we need results, we need points of the board and to try and build a modicum of momentum and confirdence. So far, it hasn't happened.

We've not been able to impose ourselves over 90 mins and whilst the football has definitely been better and easier on the eye, the results are not, yet, coming.

Lambert doesn't want us to grind out results but I am beginning to wonder if this approach isn't helping us. We don't have the personnel to play our way out of this and it could be argued that we don't have the personnel to grind out results.

The Jan transfer window might be too little too late.

In hindsight, appointing Lamber in the summer might have been perfect but I am just beginning to question if he was the right appointment for our current situation.

I hope we don't find ourselves in a situ where he's the right man at the wrong time.

Today's result leaves us back at square one. Our inability to take chances coupled with not being able to hold the ball up and ease the pressure on the defence is causing us huge issues. Is one up top really helping us here...it allows us to pack the midfield but we are not supporting our lone striker, neither of whom are really target men. Why has Lambert not attempted, at least today, two up top? In an attempt to give us a little more presence? Is he that concerned about Skuse being out?

I like Lambert, his approach to football and generally what he is doing. Just a touch concerned we've missed an opportunity with him not being appointed earlier.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

I like Lambert, he's clearly getting the club in order on 18:28 - Jan 5 with 566 viewsRobTheMonk

Well put, Homie. Think I agree with pretty much all of this.
I like Lambert, he's clearly getting the club in order on 18:32 - Jan 5 with 540 viewsgtsb

Whilst I agree with you I hope he is still here when we go down. He has been there, done that and knows exactly who needs to stay and needs to go. We are down , the fans know it, PL knows it and the owner knows it. Let's plan from now.
I like Lambert, he's clearly getting the club in order on 18:50 - Jan 5 with 501 viewswarkthisway

Deluded

bentnkuqi

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024