Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Post Window Opening Team News 14:00 - Jan 12 with 3531 viewsMullet

So 4231 then? Lankester back in the middle a la Forest away?

Would quite like to see us as 4231 but Keane as the no.10 think he has the touch and vision to pick apart a defence like Rotherham's if Jack and Freddie are bombing up and down.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2019 14:03]

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Post Window Opening Team News on 14:01 - Jan 12 with 3160 viewsfooters

Not surprised by that. What's the formation you reckon?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Post Window Opening Team News on 14:01 - Jan 12 with 3134 viewsjpring89

That looks good to me !

Poll: What irritates you more ?

Post Window Opening Team News on 14:08 - Jan 12 with 2964 viewsMullet

2 permanent Hurst signings. Both on the bench.

Emyr Huws on the bench.

Gonna get a spare pair of pants and keep them warm on the radiator for this game. It could all happen today!

Post Window Opening Team News on 14:08 - Jan 12 with 2941 viewsGuthrum

Post Window Opening Team News on 14:01 - Jan 12 by footers

Not surprised by that. What's the formation you reckon?

4-2-3-1, with Lankester and Sears either side of Keane and Quaner up top.

My main concern is Pennington at RB. Wasn't too impressed the one time I've seen him play that position, away at Swansea. Got caught out and skinned far too often.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Post Window Opening Team News on 14:09 - Jan 12 with 2910 viewspointofblue

I assume Kenlock must have picked up a knock??? Glad Spence has been dropped but Pennington at right back? Very attacking line up - I’m disappointed I won’t be there today.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Post Window Opening Team News on 14:09 - Jan 12 with 2891 viewsSarge

Happy with that. Would prefer Bishop to Chalobah but that’s about it
Post Window Opening Team News on 14:11 - Jan 12 with 2855 viewsTrumptonBlue

That 18 includes only eight of the 18 that were on duty in the reverse fixture in August, and only three players will have started both games. It's been a turbulent season, hasn't it?
Post Window Opening Team News on 14:12 - Jan 12 with 2808 viewsVic

Post Window Opening Team News on 14:08 - Jan 12 by Mullet

2 permanent Hurst signings. Both on the bench.

Emyr Huws on the bench.

Gonna get a spare pair of pants and keep them warm on the radiator for this game. It could all happen today!

Says everything about the quality that Hurst brought in doesn’t it!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Login to get fewer ads

Post Window Opening Team News on 14:12 - Jan 12 with 2808 viewsGuthrum

Post Window Opening Team News on 14:09 - Jan 12 by Sarge

Happy with that. Would prefer Bishop to Chalobah but that’s about it

Available as a sub - and he is still coming back from a very long injury layoff.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Post Window Opening Team News on 14:17 - Jan 12 with 2698 viewsMullet

Post Window Opening Team News on 14:12 - Jan 12 by Vic

Says everything about the quality that Hurst brought in doesn’t it!

Suggests to me that Knudsen, Dozzell, Jackson, Nolan and Edwards might be on their way out for various reasons.

Post Window Opening Team News on 14:21 - Jan 12 with 2614 viewsnshearman1

Post Window Opening Team News on 14:09 - Jan 12 by pointofblue

I assume Kenlock must have picked up a knock??? Glad Spence has been dropped but Pennington at right back? Very attacking line up - I’m disappointed I won’t be there today.

I sure hope Kenlock has picked up a knock because otherwise it's baffling. Pennington has not convinced at CH and now he's being given a chance not to convince at RB in a crucial game, and with our natural RB dropped. And Pennington unlikely to provide assists down the wing. Personally I'd have preferred Bishop, if fit, instead of Lankester - either this is pure genius or, at best, surprising. I doubt Keane and Quaner will last 90 minutes, so am disappointed to see Harrison on the bench as ultimately I don't think he's good enough, but can understand it because he wants/needs a target man.
Post Window Opening Team News on 14:24 - Jan 12 with 2570 viewsMullet

Post Window Opening Team News on 14:21 - Jan 12 by nshearman1

I sure hope Kenlock has picked up a knock because otherwise it's baffling. Pennington has not convinced at CH and now he's being given a chance not to convince at RB in a crucial game, and with our natural RB dropped. And Pennington unlikely to provide assists down the wing. Personally I'd have preferred Bishop, if fit, instead of Lankester - either this is pure genius or, at best, surprising. I doubt Keane and Quaner will last 90 minutes, so am disappointed to see Harrison on the bench as ultimately I don't think he's good enough, but can understand it because he wants/needs a target man.

Kenlock's not done anything to really demand he starts for a long time now. He is getting to the stage where if waiting for League 1 is how he gets in the team, then all parties need to be concerned.

Post Window Opening Team News on 14:31 - Jan 12 with 2488 viewscbower

Says everything abiut Lambert's thoughts on Jackson, Nolan, Edwards, Roberts and Donacien. Thst was the bulk of our Summer recruitment and it was just not up to it. Chalobah and Pennington are not ours so only Nsiala makes Lambert's first 18 when he has had a proper say of sorts in recruitment. No more evidence needed whatsoever. Problem will be, some of them will be on decent long term contracts though. Dozzell doesn't make it too. Frankly, he hasn't done enough in his cameo roles though, has he?

bluescouser

Post Window Opening Team News on 14:35 - Jan 12 with 2436 viewsblueislander

Post Window Opening Team News on 14:24 - Jan 12 by Mullet

Kenlock's not done anything to really demand he starts for a long time now. He is getting to the stage where if waiting for League 1 is how he gets in the team, then all parties need to be concerned.

Lack of pace in the back four concerns me.
Post Window Opening Team News on 14:36 - Jan 12 with 2427 viewsfooters

Post Window Opening Team News on 14:31 - Jan 12 by cbower

Says everything abiut Lambert's thoughts on Jackson, Nolan, Edwards, Roberts and Donacien. Thst was the bulk of our Summer recruitment and it was just not up to it. Chalobah and Pennington are not ours so only Nsiala makes Lambert's first 18 when he has had a proper say of sorts in recruitment. No more evidence needed whatsoever. Problem will be, some of them will be on decent long term contracts though. Dozzell doesn't make it too. Frankly, he hasn't done enough in his cameo roles though, has he?

Thankfully most of Hurst's players are on two-year deals with an option. When we signed them many questioned the deals for being too short- looks like we got off pretty lightly!

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Post Window Opening Team News on 14:37 - Jan 12 with 2413 viewsVic

Post Window Opening Team News on 14:17 - Jan 12 by Mullet

Suggests to me that Knudsen, Dozzell, Jackson, Nolan and Edwards might be on their way out for various reasons.

Knudsen is obviously going.
Nolan - useful squad man, but do we need him when we have youngsters who will probably be better that him in a few months time.
Jackson - I simply cannot believe that Hurst paid as much as he did for him. He is Hurst’s Lee Martin.
Edwards - he’s lived on a goal and a flick in the first game for way too long. Little idea, too few tricks and seldom and end product.
Which just leaves Dozzer! I really hope we don’t sell him, but currently he just doesn’t have the physical strength for the fight we’re in. Needs to go out on loan and then bulk up over the summer.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Post Window Opening Team News on 14:50 - Jan 12 with 2282 viewsnshearman1

Post Window Opening Team News on 14:24 - Jan 12 by Mullet

Totally disagree with you there, but for all our sakes let's hope PL has got it bang-on and we at least manage to put up some sort of fight against relegation.
Post Window Opening Team News on 14:51 - Jan 12 with 2265 viewsGarv

Post Window Opening Team News on 14:36 - Jan 12 by footers

Thankfully most of Hurst's players are on two-year deals with an option. When we signed them many questioned the deals for being too short- looks like we got off pretty lightly!

Surley you look at some of those and think they'll be useful if we go down though?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Post Window Opening Team News on 14:52 - Jan 12 with 2261 viewsKeno

Could that be 3 4 2 1 ?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Post Window Opening Team News on 14:53 - Jan 12 with 2246 viewsGarv

Post Window Opening Team News on 14:35 - Jan 12 by blueislander

Lack of pace in the back four concerns me.

Have we ever had particularly quick defenders? Mings?

If you're a good enough defender you don't need to be uber quick, for me.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Post Window Opening Team News on 14:54 - Jan 12 with 2237 viewsMullet

Post Window Opening Team News on 14:50 - Jan 12 by nshearman1

Totally disagree with you there, but for all our sakes let's hope PL has got it bang-on and we at least manage to put up some sort of fight against relegation.

When has Kenlock ever looked a better leftback than Jonas? Elder was a clear cut starter after Stanley too.

Post Window Opening Team News on 14:56 - Jan 12 with 2219 viewsblueislander

Post Window Opening Team News on 14:53 - Jan 12 by Garv

Have we ever had particularly quick defenders? Mings?

If you're a good enough defender you don't need to be uber quick, for me.

Spence is fairly quick. Ducks!
Post Window Opening Team News on 14:56 - Jan 12 with 2216 viewschristiand

Post Window Opening Team News on 14:08 - Jan 12 by Guthrum

4-2-3-1, with Lankester and Sears either side of Keane and Quaner up top.

My main concern is Pennington at RB. Wasn't too impressed the one time I've seen him play that position, away at Swansea. Got caught out and skinned far too often.

That's certainly a problem area for us, although it could be Chambers at right back?! PL needs to get a right back in and quick, neither Pennington or Chambers are the answer.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Post Window Opening Team News on 14:57 - Jan 12 with 2208 viewsBlueBadger

Post Window Opening Team News on 14:51 - Jan 12 by Garv

Surley you look at some of those and think they'll be useful if we go down though?

Well, I suppose they could man the burger stands after the inevitable redundancies post-relegation.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Post Window Opening Team News on 15:00 - Jan 12 with 2181 viewschristiand

Post Window Opening Team News on 14:31 - Jan 12 by cbower

Harrison was a PH signing and he makes the cut today!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024