Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can we link Saturday's omissions.. 10:42 - Jan 14 with 3848 viewsFixed_It

...with PL's post-match comments after the FA Cup defeat? It's certainly not looking promising for some of them given the recruitment that has been/is being made.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Can we link Saturday's omissions.. on 10:43 - Jan 14 with 3824 viewsKieran_Knows

I think so. No permanent PH signing was in the squad Saturday, which I really do think say's a lot.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Can we link Saturday's omissions.. on 10:45 - Jan 14 with 3809 viewsfooters

Most of them have had ample opportunity to prove they're good enough at this level, and they've mainly failed to do that. It's not through any lack of effort, they're just not up to it.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Can we link Saturday's omissions.. on 10:46 - Jan 14 with 3794 viewsiamipswich

Can we link Saturday's omissions.. on 10:43 - Jan 14 by Kieran_Knows

I think so. No permanent PH signing was in the squad Saturday, which I really do think say's a lot.

Nsiala was.

But none in the starting line-up speaks volumes in itself.

Poll: Who will return first?

Can we link Saturday's omissions.. on 10:46 - Jan 14 with 3788 viewsusm

Toto ???

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Can we link Saturday's omissions.. on 10:47 - Jan 14 with 3777 viewsFixed_It

Indeed. Although Toto was on the bench. I think any one of those signings might have stood a chance if slowly integrated into a functioning Championship team. But they weren't.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Can we link Saturday's omissions.. on 10:48 - Jan 14 with 3769 viewsRammo

Both Nsiala and Harrison were on the bench but it does say a lot that none were in the starting line up.

Even when you feel down always remember its just a game.

Can we link Saturday's omissions.. on 10:48 - Jan 14 with 3761 viewsSamWhiteUK

Can we link Saturday's omissions.. on 10:46 - Jan 14 by usm

Toto ???

And Harrison
Can we link Saturday's omissions.. on 10:49 - Jan 14 with 3747 viewsKieran_Knows

Can we link Saturday's omissions.. on 10:47 - Jan 14 by Fixed_It

Indeed. Although Toto was on the bench. I think any one of those signings might have stood a chance if slowly integrated into a functioning Championship team. But they weren't.

Apologies, forgot about Toto and Harrison. How could I forget Toto after that 10 minute cameo!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Login to get fewer ads

Can we link Saturday's omissions.. on 10:50 - Jan 14 with 3738 viewsSteve_M

Certainly in the case of Edwards and Nolan, probably Jackson too.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Can we link Saturday's omissions.. on 10:50 - Jan 14 with 3735 viewswkj

The big question mark is Spence really, I am not a boo boy, but I can't deny he has been bad this season, and I think the Pennington experiment is the right thing to do.

I think Jackson not being in the frame is a big clue, though I am biased here as I don't rate him.

The big question is what is going to happen on the right midfield. Edwards has been as culpable for cock ups on that side of the pitch as Spence has, You don't want the thrash the life out of Lankester, and Dawkins doesn't seem too promising on his first outing. Then there is Rowe, a player i think most of us haven't thought to have done too bad- but no manager rates.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Can we link Saturday's omissions.. on 10:52 - Jan 14 with 3699 viewsSouperJim

Can we link Saturday's omissions.. on 10:48 - Jan 14 by Rammo

Both Nsiala and Harrison were on the bench but it does say a lot that none were in the starting line up.

To be fair, we've just signed 5 players to improve the team and have no time for luxury, so they were always likely to play.

I don't think this is necessarily the end for the likes of Nolan, Harrison etc. There is still a decent chance that at least some of Hursts signings may make it for us, but they'll probably do better if they can come into a settled and performing team one or two at a time, with experienced players at this level around them.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Harrison and Toto have a future in this team... on 11:32 - Jan 14 with 3553 viewsunstableblue

... Nolan and Jackson are on the edge I think; but have not been awful for Lambert. And may well be loaned out.

I have no idea what has happened to Donacien

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Harrison and Toto have a future in this team... on 12:34 - Jan 14 with 3467 viewsRegencyBlue

Harrison and Toto have a future in this team... on 11:32 - Jan 14 by unstableblue

... Nolan and Jackson are on the edge I think; but have not been awful for Lambert. And may well be loaned out.

I have no idea what has happened to Donacien

I think that if we could find Jackon the right strike partner, who could bring him into the game more, he would be worth giving another chance to. He certainly cannot play the lone striker role from the evidence so far.

As for Nolan, whilst I know there are people who rate him, I just cannot see him making it at this level. He's lightweight and pulls out of more tackles than he makes. He is not the goal scoring midfielder we were promised when he signed. Whenever I have seen him he looks completely out of his depth!
Harrison and Toto have a future in this team... on 12:48 - Jan 14 with 3395 viewswkj

Harrison and Toto have a future in this team... on 12:34 - Jan 14 by RegencyBlue

I think that if we could find Jackon the right strike partner, who could bring him into the game more, he would be worth giving another chance to. He certainly cannot play the lone striker role from the evidence so far.

As for Nolan, whilst I know there are people who rate him, I just cannot see him making it at this level. He's lightweight and pulls out of more tackles than he makes. He is not the goal scoring midfielder we were promised when he signed. Whenever I have seen him he looks completely out of his depth!

Personally I think were keeping Jackson as sweet as we can as we'll need him next season, assuming we drop. For me, he's way off the beat for the Championship though. If we don't drop I wouldn't be surprised if Lambert looks to offload him, or loan him out at least.

Crybaby

Can we link Saturday's omissions.. on 12:56 - Jan 14 with 3350 viewspositivity

hope we're thinking long-term with any decisions, so many will be useful next year (some in league one, some in either)
of the squad omissions:-
spence-get rid
donacien-keep, loan out?
cotter-keep, loan out?
knudsen-get rid (though i think he may be better suited to the dogs of war approach than either kenlock or elder)
kenlock-keep
dozzell-KEEP!
nydam-keep, loan out?
edwrads-keep, loan out?
folami-keep, loan out?
jackson-keep, loan out?
roberts-get rid
drinan-loan out
morris-keep, loan out?
rowe-maybe get rid?

that's a helluva lot of players to keep sweet!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Can we link Saturday's omissions.. on 13:00 - Jan 14 with 3317 viewswkj

Can we link Saturday's omissions.. on 12:56 - Jan 14 by positivity

hope we're thinking long-term with any decisions, so many will be useful next year (some in league one, some in either)
of the squad omissions:-
spence-get rid
donacien-keep, loan out?
cotter-keep, loan out?
knudsen-get rid (though i think he may be better suited to the dogs of war approach than either kenlock or elder)
kenlock-keep
dozzell-KEEP!
nydam-keep, loan out?
edwrads-keep, loan out?
folami-keep, loan out?
jackson-keep, loan out?
roberts-get rid
drinan-loan out
morris-keep, loan out?
rowe-maybe get rid?

that's a helluva lot of players to keep sweet!

I'm not looking to pick a fight, but what about Donacien seems worth keeping if Lambert seems to have 0 interest playing him, and similarly why get rid of Roberts who did a decent job as stop gap, and has Lambert's trust in a pinch.

Crybaby

Can we link Saturday's omissions.. on 13:16 - Jan 14 with 3243 viewspositivity

Can we link Saturday's omissions.. on 13:00 - Jan 14 by wkj

I'm not looking to pick a fight, but what about Donacien seems worth keeping if Lambert seems to have 0 interest playing him, and similarly why get rid of Roberts who did a decent job as stop gap, and has Lambert's trust in a pinch.

donacien-we don't know if lambert will stick around if we go down, so probably worth keeping a player with a long deal and plenty of lower league experience rather than give him away for nowt. if we stay up and lambert stays, then definitely sell him!

roberts- may have had lambert's trust, but so did nolan, spence & edwards and they were all dropped too... all those games without scoring may have soured him. roberts also has less time on his (probably less lucrative) contract and lambert has bought in quaner, keane, dawkins (& judge?) to play in the positions roberts plays
[Post edited 14 Jan 2019 13:17]

Can we link Saturday's omissions.. on 13:38 - Jan 14 with 3172 viewsitfc48

Personally, I'd loan Jackson to a League 1 team. If we do end up being relegated he will at least then have had some experience in that league ahead of next season.
Can we link Saturday's omissions.. on 13:44 - Jan 14 with 3141 viewsScuzzer

For me it feels very strange that we continued along the path of signing Donacien. Could the deal not have been pulled? (if they're talking about reversing the decision of 17.3m people surely we could have got away with that)

Established 1968

Can we link Saturday's omissions.. on 13:47 - Jan 14 with 3126 viewspositivity

Can we link Saturday's omissions.. on 13:44 - Jan 14 by Scuzzer

For me it feels very strange that we continued along the path of signing Donacien. Could the deal not have been pulled? (if they're talking about reversing the decision of 17.3m people surely we could have got away with that)

unlike brexit, accrington's contract will have been watertight (it will have been drawn up by professionals!)

if all parties (accrington/ipswich/donacien, people/parliament/eu) agree, it could be reversed

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024