Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why only sign Judge on 5 month contract. 20:14 - Jan 14 with 3792 viewsDamster

Surely a 2 year deal would have been preferred.
Why only sign Judge on 5 month contract. on 20:15 - Jan 14 with 3781 viewswkj

It has a 1 year addon

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Why only sign Judge on 5 month contract. on 20:18 - Jan 14 with 3739 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Im guessing if we get relegated he probably wants the option to leave.

If we stay up, we keep him on.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Why only sign Judge on 5 month contract. on 20:19 - Jan 14 with 3716 viewsDamster

Why only sign Judge on 5 month contract. on 20:15 - Jan 14 by wkj

It has a 1 year addon

Still feels like a very short term deal and solution by the club.
Lack of commitment from club or player??
Why only sign Judge on 5 month contract. on 20:19 - Jan 14 with 3705 viewsJ4ck22

Why only sign Judge on 5 month contract. on 20:19 - Jan 14 by Damster

Because he's an injury risk and we're on the brink of relegation. Makes sense to me...
Why only sign Judge on 5 month contract. on 20:20 - Jan 14 with 3682 viewsDamster

Why only sign Judge on 5 month contract. on 20:18 - Jan 14 by Marshalls_Mullet

The sort of player who would tear up league one and the sort of experience we could do with to bounce back.
Why only sign Judge on 5 month contract. on 20:20 - Jan 14 with 3677 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

This makes perfect sense for both parties.

This is the way to get business done and get players in.

We are bottom of the league!!

I have absolutely not issue with this deal whatsoever!

Well done ME, PL and AJ!! Great business!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Why only sign Judge on 5 month contract. on 20:21 - Jan 14 with 3665 viewswkj

I think you're trying to read between some pretty clear lines. This contract length is low risk for player and club.

Crybaby

Why only sign Judge on 5 month contract. on 20:21 - Jan 14 with 3650 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Why only sign Judge on 5 month contract. on 20:20 - Jan 14 by Damster

The sort of player who would tear up league one and the sort of experience we could do with to bounce back.

We are not in a position to dictate terms!!

I suspect Judge doesnt fancy League 1, and we would also have to think about wages due to FFP.

Login to get fewer ads

Why only sign Judge on 5 month contract. on 20:22 - Jan 14 with 3630 viewslmfcblue

If it needed a 5 month contract to get it over the line then great job by all!
Why only sign Judge on 5 month contract. on 20:23 - Jan 14 with 3610 viewsSomethingBlue

No, a wholly unremarkable acknowledgment of our situation from both. Doubt the player fancies L1 much and, for another thing, we are going to have to be *very* choosy about who we pay wages to if it comes to that.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Why only sign Judge on 5 month contract. on 20:27 - Jan 14 with 3530 viewsMelford

Why only sign Judge on 5 month contract. on 20:18 - Jan 14 by Marshalls_Mullet

Plus, he was out for a very long time and if he was bulling up trees for Brentford he wouldn't be signing for us. There's risk involved in both sides, we don't want another Huws/Adeyemi situation on our hands where he breaks down again.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Why only sign Judge on 5 month contract. on 20:29 - Jan 14 with 3497 viewsDamster

Why only sign Judge on 5 month contract. on 20:23 - Jan 14 by SomethingBlue

No, a wholly unremarkable acknowledgment of our situation from both. Doubt the player fancies L1 much and, for another thing, we are going to have to be *very* choosy about who we pay wages to if it comes to that.

Don’t get me wrong ... delighted with the signing and let’s hope he has the best 5 months of his career. The only reason I mention it is that a previous PL interview talked about recruiting with one eye on next season. For me that was players who could do job in L1 but maybe he was suggesting short term contracts to assess situation.
Why only sign Judge on 5 month contract. on 20:30 - Jan 14 with 3481 viewswkj

Why only sign Judge on 5 month contract. on 20:29 - Jan 14 by Damster

Don’t get me wrong ... delighted with the signing and let’s hope he has the best 5 months of his career. The only reason I mention it is that a previous PL interview talked about recruiting with one eye on next season. For me that was players who could do job in L1 but maybe he was suggesting short term contracts to assess situation.

Again, you have to look at all the various factors in play here. We are not in a situation where we can be choosy.

Crybaby

Why only sign Judge on 5 month contract. on 20:30 - Jan 14 with 3470 viewsSomethingBlue

There's nothing to say he wouldn't stay in L1. But it would be right to reassess in the summer. Prudent, too — he's had a serious injury and, while it might be a case of needing fresh surroundings to regain top form, we don't know how much of an influence he can be for us yet.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Why only sign Judge on 5 month contract. on 20:37 - Jan 14 with 3369 viewsBluearmy71

Fook me we get a quality player in and then some sod questions the deal, be happy ffs and put a little logic into your thought process while ya at it bud!
Why only sign Judge on 5 month contract. on 20:40 - Jan 14 with 3329 views3_5_2

the years option is usually from the club so one eye on the future

makes complete sense

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Why only sign Judge on 5 month contract. on 20:43 - Jan 14 with 3299 viewsBloomBlue

Good financial management
Why only sign Judge on 5 month contract. on 20:51 - Jan 14 with 3225 viewsnshearman1

Why only sign Judge on 5 month contract. on 20:43 - Jan 14 by BloomBlue

Good financial management

It is. With 3 loans, 2 free agents, a nominal fee here and maybe one more to go I think we can safely say that ME hasn’t changed his financial policy one jot and that PL has performed miracles in the circumstances. Obviously wages currently are high but equally clearly we’ll offset that with ridding ourselves of the failures, some for a little bit of transfer cash as well. God help us going forward though.
Why only sign Judge on 5 month contract. on 20:57 - Jan 14 with 3183 viewsclive_baker

We’ve got an option on him for next season, so it’s actually a better deal for us than a straight 1.5 years as we retain the control. If he’s sh1t or crocked we’re not committing beyond this season. If we reevaluate in the summer and we want to keep him, we can.

Perhaps also gives him that little bit more motivation to prove himself and unlock that extra year contract.

It’s win win for us.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Why only sign Judge on 5 month contract. on 21:01 - Jan 14 with 3149 viewsjas0999

If we stay up both parties will agree he stays. If we go down both parties will move on.
Why only sign Judge on 5 month contract. on 21:03 - Jan 14 with 3130 viewsBloomBlue

Why only sign Judge on 5 month contract. on 20:51 - Jan 14 by nshearman1

It is. With 3 loans, 2 free agents, a nominal fee here and maybe one more to go I think we can safely say that ME hasn’t changed his financial policy one jot and that PL has performed miracles in the circumstances. Obviously wages currently are high but equally clearly we’ll offset that with ridding ourselves of the failures, some for a little bit of transfer cash as well. God help us going forward though.

But you're not factoring in really experienced top quality championship players aren't going to come to a club bottom of the league. Irrelevant of how much ME offers you need to accept that. He may get lucky with one player but we had to get in more players.
Why only sign Judge on 5 month contract. on 22:29 - Jan 14 with 2887 viewsVic

No mystery here. Lambert has clearly said that signings will be made with an eye on the future. Given that realistically this could be in League 1 so it makes sense to have the top earners on short contracts.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Why only sign Judge on 5 month contract. on 23:26 - Jan 14 with 2772 viewsSonOfSpock

Sounds quite reasonable for all parties concerned
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024