Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ipswich Town squad review - January 17:56 - Jan 14 with 2058 viewsunstableblue

Looks like Judge is coming in. He is a left winger. Or an left sided attacking midfield in a narrower 3. So surely he is direct competition for Sears in the current set-up? I do think Lambert fancies Freddie so going to be interesting.

Jonas will be leaving - been OK for us overall, but only OK and terrible this season. Start of a revolution and refresh us this underperforming low quality squad we have had for many years.

We have 30 players vying for an 18 man squad. Players need to go out

Squad for Saturday was as follows
Gerken, Pennington, Chambers (c), Collins, Elder, Skuse, Chalobah, Sears (Nsiala 90), Lankester (Dawkins 73), Keane, Quaner (Downes 65). Unused: Bialkowski, Harrison, Bishop, Huws.

So what have we got by position and who is likely to leave as a loan, or to be lost in the squad.

Goalkeeper - Bart, Gerken, Wright
No change - albeit I do think we need a form Bart between the sticks

Right back - Spence, Donacien, Emmanuel - or make shift Pennington/Chambo
I wonder if we may still get another player in for this position? but certainly Pennington seems to be odds on.
Perhaps Donacien will be loaned out. Spence to be lost in the squad. If Toto is fit, he will be the defensive option with

Left Back - Kenlock, Elder
Elder with Kenlock on standby. Jonas gone.

Centre Backs - Chambo, Collins, Toto, Pennington, Wolfenden
No change; Toto is fancied. But will be sub. Pennington also back-up, but playing RB. Wolfenden to stay on loan; back for next season.

Deeper midfield - Downes, Skuse, Chalobah
Seems Skuse and Chalobah are preferred. Downes back-up. No change

Attacking midfield (central) - Nolan, Nydam, Huws, Bishop, Dozzell, Adeyemi
Not sure how our formation now fits in these players if Lambert wants wide players. There's almost no place for these chaps. Bishop, Huws and Dozzell are streets ahead of the reat. Albeit Huws fitness a gamble.
Certainly Adeyemi is just always injured. Nydam is miles off and needs a loan. Nolan may also need to go, and even Dozzell

Attacking midfield (wide) - Sears, Lankester, Judge, Edwards, Dawkins, Ward, Rowe, Roberts
You feel that only Sears, Lankester and Dawkins are in Lamberts mind. Edwards has been poor since Lamberts arrival, Ward also. Roberts was a favourite but not even making bench. Rowe miles off

Attackers - Sears, Harrison, Jackson, Keane, Quaner, Lankester
Keane is clearly a starter (20k a week!), Quaner as well, Lankester is a favourite as a young player to bring through. harrison seems to be the back up. But this may be Quaner, Sears or Lankester on the bench if he changes formation. Jackson seems surplus and may go on loan.

In summary Donacien, Adeyemi, Nydam, Nolan, Ward, Rowe, Roberts all seem surplus to requirements; with Jackson borderline.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Ipswich Town squad review - January on 17:59 - Jan 14 with 2033 viewsSomethingBlue

Think Judge will probably be asked to play in more of an attacking midfield/behind the striker role if he joins — might be wrong but don't think he has the running for an orthodox wide spot anymore. Not sure he'd be interchangeable with Sears.

Oh — and Ward's injury means he's neither here nor there.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2019 18:06]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Team / squad conclusion on 20:34 - Jan 14 with 1842 viewsunstableblue

Based on the above detail, perhaps this is the team and squad for Blackburn:

Gerken (i'd prefer Bart)
Pennington Chambers Collins Elder
Quarner-----Skuse----Chalobah---Judge
--------------------------------Sears
------------Keane

Subs - Bart, Toto, Downes, Bishop, Huws, Lankester

Now that means that Kenlock, Dozzell, Dawkins, Harrison, Kenlock and Jackson are not making the bench.

I would be disappointed if Dawkins pushed Lankester, Downes or Huws off the bench. Its harsh on Harrison and Dozzel to be not included.

Thoughts?

Team / squad conclusion on 20:42 - Jan 14 with 1804 viewsgt81

Team / squad conclusion on 20:34 - Jan 14 by unstableblue

Based on the above detail, perhaps this is the team and squad for Blackburn:

Gerken (i'd prefer Bart)
Quarner-----Skuse----Chalobah---Judge
--------------------------------Sears
------------Keane

Subs - Bart, Toto, Downes, Bishop, Huws, Lankester

Now that means that Kenlock, Dozzell, Dawkins, Harrison, Kenlock and Jackson are not making the bench.

I would be disappointed if Dawkins pushed Lankester, Downes or Huws off the bench. Its harsh on Harrison and Dozzel to be not included.

Thoughts?

You've only got 6 subs there....
Ipswich Town squad review - January on 20:43 - Jan 14 with 1802 viewsDubtractor

Ipswich Town squad review - January on 17:59 - Jan 14 by SomethingBlue

Think Judge will probably be asked to play in more of an attacking midfield/behind the striker role if he joins — might be wrong but don't think he has the running for an orthodox wide spot anymore. Not sure he'd be interchangeable with Sears.

Oh — and Ward's injury means he's neither here nor there.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2019 18:06]

I think Judge will be trying to do the role that Nolan has failed at.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Team / squad conclusion on 20:44 - Jan 14 with 1792 viewsunstableblue

Team / squad conclusion on 20:42 - Jan 14 by gt81

You've only got 6 subs there....

Whoops... Dawkins shall go to the ball

Ipswich Town squad review - January on 20:48 - Jan 14 with 1759 viewsBloomBlue

His best performances for Brentford is when he played the number 10 role, just behind the CF
Bingo.... on 20:50 - Jan 14 with 1750 viewsBloots

Ipswich Town squad review - January on 20:43 - Jan 14 by Dubtractor

I think Judge will be trying to do the role that Nolan has failed at.

....he hasn't the pace that he had before "that" tackle, so yes I expect he'll play in the number 10 role.

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

Ipswich Town squad review - January on 20:53 - Jan 14 with 1719 viewsPlums

Ipswich Town squad review - January on 20:48 - Jan 14 by BloomBlue

His best performances for Brentford is when he played the number 10 role, just behind the CF

If I recall correctly, Judge is also a free kick merchant or used to be.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Login to get fewer ads

Ipswich Town squad review - January on 21:01 - Jan 14 with 1688 viewsunstableblue

Ipswich Town squad review - January on 20:48 - Jan 14 by BloomBlue

Yes think I was mistaken on Judge being a winger.... how does this look?

----------------Gerken
----------Skuse------Chalobah
------------------Judge
Quarner---------------------Sears
-------------------Keane

Strongest team for many a season... only concern is pace

Ipswich Town squad review - January on 21:07 - Jan 14 with 1657 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Main thought is that we have something resembling a football team that suddenly includes talent and physicallity!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

My thinking too (n/t) on 21:17 - Jan 14 with 1617 viewsDyland

Bingo.... on 20:50 - Jan 14 by Bloots

....he hasn't the pace that he had before "that" tackle, so yes I expect he'll play in the number 10 role.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Ipswich Town squad review - January on 21:33 - Jan 14 with 1588 viewsHerbivore

Point of order, if the squad has been both low quality and underperforming for a number of years then surely we'd already have been relegated?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Ipswich Town squad review - January on 22:45 - Jan 14 with 1454 viewsdebenhamblue

Ipswich Town squad review - January on 21:33 - Jan 14 by Herbivore

Point of order, if the squad has been both low quality and underperforming for a number of years then surely we'd already have been relegated?

Somebody needs to get on the balls that were going over Freddies head on saturday, see this as a positive signing to give some depth up front
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024