Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Strange game today 19:23 - Jan 19 with 1004 viewsDarth_Koont

After a poor spell in the middle of the first half it looked like we could get something from the game. But individual mistakes or lapses at did for us in the end.

I'm starting to think that the mistakes now come with the territory. We were on a par with Blackburn in all departments (Dack was on form and the standout player to be fair) but they just didn't make a quarter of our mistakes at some of which would be crucial.

It's all a bit of a mystery when the players can now do most things well 95% of the time and the technique levels/organisation have risen massively in recent weeks. But everyone just seems to be waiting for the inevitable error on the ball or in defence.

If there's a glimmer of hope then there are encouraging signs from Judge, Keane and Quaner. If they can click before they start making the same amount of forced and unforced errors as their teammates then maybe we can turn this death ship around.

Pronouns: He/Him

Strange game today on 19:34 - Jan 19 with 964 viewswkj

What I think we need is a game we genuinely take control of, the few wins we've had have all had an element of PHEW when we scored, rather than a plan coming together.

We need someone up front to become billy big boIIocks and find a run of form.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Strange game today on 19:37 - Jan 19 with 950 viewsdavblue

Strange game today on 19:34 - Jan 19 by wkj

What I think we need is a game we genuinely take control of, the few wins we've had have all had an element of PHEW when we scored, rather than a plan coming together.

We need someone up front to become billy big boIIocks and find a run of form.

We need to look like we are going to score and create, we've looked pretty toothless in the last few weeks. Whether that's fitness, unfamiliarity, maybe not good enough.
Strange game today on 19:40 - Jan 19 with 935 viewswkj

Strange game today on 19:37 - Jan 19 by davblue

We need to look like we are going to score and create, we've looked pretty toothless in the last few weeks. Whether that's fitness, unfamiliarity, maybe not good enough.

I genuinely hoping that it is players getting used to new team mates. Individually we have players who should be good enough to perform better than this, its just time is ticking, and going down is one thing, but the way Scum are playing, we could be looking at a tonking.

Crybaby

Strange game today on 19:45 - Jan 19 with 914 viewsdavblue

Strange game today on 19:40 - Jan 19 by wkj

I genuinely hoping that it is players getting used to new team mates. Individually we have players who should be good enough to perform better than this, its just time is ticking, and going down is one thing, but the way Scum are playing, we could be looking at a tonking.

Ithink it's too far gone and the only remedy is the end of the season.

I watched a bit of the Norwich game last night and ours and the confidence levels were on a different level. That's an obvious thing to say but they are snappier and more instinctive with the ball where we a slow and ponderous at times.
Strange game today on 19:47 - Jan 19 with 901 viewsdavblue

Judge looked much better in the number 10 role. More dynamic than Keane.
Strange game today on 19:52 - Jan 19 with 877 viewswkj

Strange game today on 19:45 - Jan 19 by davblue

Ithink it's too far gone and the only remedy is the end of the season.

I watched a bit of the Norwich game last night and ours and the confidence levels were on a different level. That's an obvious thing to say but they are snappier and more instinctive with the ball where we a slow and ponderous at times.

Norwich didn't play that bad last season in all truth, they just lacked goals (not that we know what thats like) Sadly farke managed to fix this issue this season and it shows big time. I remain hopeful while I still can, but that hope feels more and more blind each game.

Crybaby

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024