Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What's all this about Tesco... 15:42 - Jan 29 with 3895 viewsSpruceMoose

...getting rid of their butchers, cheese and fish counters then? I swear, every time i come back the UK something has changed in way I don't like! Not that I shop at Tesco. Obviously.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

What's all this about Tesco... on 15:44 - Jan 29 with 3513 viewsFtnfwest

all watered down rubbish in there anyway
What's all this about Tesco... on 15:45 - Jan 29 with 3500 viewsSpruceMoose

What's all this about Tesco... on 15:44 - Jan 29 by Ftnfwest

The masses have to get their Double Gloucester and aged Soppressata from somewhere you know. Can't all have it hand delivered by a small boy in a peak cap from a local, organic, farm.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2019 15:47]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

What's all this about Tesco... on 15:50 - Jan 29 with 3471 viewsFtnfwest

What's all this about Tesco... on 15:45 - Jan 29 by SpruceMoose

The masses have to get their Double Gloucester and aged Soppressata from somewhere you know. Can't all have it hand delivered by a small boy in a peak cap from a local, organic, farm.

ah but the masses claim to be cheese fans and then state their favourite is babybel (like badger)
What's all this about Tesco... on 15:51 - Jan 29 with 3460 viewsSpruceMoose

What's all this about Tesco... on 15:50 - Jan 29 by Ftnfwest

ah but the masses claim to be cheese fans and then state their favourite is babybel (like badger)

I don't think the masses claim to be fans. They just eat it if you stick it in front of them.

on 15:52 - Jan 29 with 3455 views_

What's all this about Tesco... on 15:45 - Jan 29 by SpruceMoose

What's all this about Tesco... on 15:53 - Jan 29 with 3452 viewsSpruceMoose

on 15:52 - Jan 29 by _

Turnips on toast. I'll be sure to check in and see how that's going!

What's all this about Tesco... on 15:59 - Jan 29 with 3421 viewsjeera

What's all this about Tesco... on 15:44 - Jan 29 by Ftnfwest

The fresh counters, not the shelves.

I've never had a 'watered down' sea bass nor leg of lamb from the fresh counters. The last batch of ribs I bought from there were huge and full of meat, unlike those on the shelves which were the opposite; tiny things of bone.

I don't get the snobbery thing tbh. It's not as though the cows that get served at Waitrose have had elocution lessons.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

What's all this about Tesco... on 16:07 - Jan 29 with 3378 viewsFtnfwest

What's all this about Tesco... on 15:59 - Jan 29 by jeera

I've never had a 'watered down' sea bass nor leg of lamb from the fresh counters. The last batch of ribs I bought from there were huge and full of meat, unlike those on the shelves which were the opposite; tiny things of bone.

I don't get the snobbery thing tbh. It's not as though the cows that get served at Waitrose have had elocution lessons.

we're just lucky to have a couple of good butchers locally, its all relative really as you say. Like to keep the little guys going tbh. The Tesco conglomerate has had plenty of good days before this lets be honest.
Login to get fewer ads

What's all this about Tesco... on 16:10 - Jan 29 with 3360 viewsSpruceMoose

What's all this about Tesco... on 16:07 - Jan 29 by Ftnfwest

we're just lucky to have a couple of good butchers locally, its all relative really as you say. Like to keep the little guys going tbh. The Tesco conglomerate has had plenty of good days before this lets be honest.

Unfortunately a lot of folks don't have the option to go elsewhere for their shopping, so any decline in their available choices is a shame, in my opinion.

Speaking personally, the average stuff on sale in Tesco is vastly superior to what I can easily access here, unless I want to pay through the nose for it or go to some huge effort to go get it.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2019 16:12]

What's all this about Tesco... on 16:23 - Jan 29 with 3311 viewsFtnfwest

What's all this about Tesco... on 16:10 - Jan 29 by SpruceMoose

Unfortunately a lot of folks don't have the option to go elsewhere for their shopping, so any decline in their available choices is a shame, in my opinion.

Speaking personally, the average stuff on sale in Tesco is vastly superior to what I can easily access here, unless I want to pay through the nose for it or go to some huge effort to go get it.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2019 16:12]

I think people have more options than ever which is probably why Tesco's are struggling to make enormous profits out of it. You must have a pretty good supply of elk burgers surely?
What's all this about Tesco... on 16:29 - Jan 29 with 3291 viewsSpruceMoose

What's all this about Tesco... on 16:23 - Jan 29 by Ftnfwest

I think people have more options than ever which is probably why Tesco's are struggling to make enormous profits out of it. You must have a pretty good supply of elk burgers surely?

I'm not sure Brooklyn Elk would be good for my health. One tumble into the Gowanus canal an they come out glowing in the dark.

What's all this about Tesco... on 16:30 - Jan 29 with 3284 viewswitchdoctor

on 15:52 - Jan 29 by _

us ‘surfs’...you gonna persil(ts) with that?.dazzling stuff
What's all this about Tesco... on 16:32 - Jan 29 with 3285 viewsLeagueOne

I know people who work there and they are moving to a model of total automation going forward, so lots of staff cuts coming and more jobless on UC coming up thanks to big business wanting to increase their share of profit. I suspect this is something to do with that, they've removed all their in house catering and staff discounts too and replaced it with private firms.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2019 16:32]

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

What's all this about Tesco... on 16:45 - Jan 29 with 3244 viewsjeera

What's all this about Tesco... on 16:30 - Jan 29 by witchdoctor

us ‘surfs’...you gonna persil(ts) with that?.dazzling stuff

Not to worry, it'll all come out in the wash.

What's all this about Tesco... on 16:53 - Jan 29 with 3229 viewsjeera

What's all this about Tesco... on 16:07 - Jan 29 by Ftnfwest

I'm all for trying to support local business - agree with you there. I deliberately leave things out of my 'big' shop that I know I can buy at the small places in the village, because, as you rightly allude, I'd bloody well miss them if they were to close.

There's a decent enough butchers where I am too tbh, but to use the ribs as an example, I bought half a dozen there last summer and it came to almost 9 quid.

I can't justify that on myself for a meal. Sure, once in a while, but not as a regular thing.

Same size and quality from the counter in the supermarket was a fiver or so. Not, as I stress, to be confused with the sticks wrapped in plastic on the shelves. How they manage to sell any of those I'm not certain. It's not just the money is it, it's about value for money.

What's all this about Tesco... on 18:54 - Jan 29 with 3134 viewsBlueBadger

What's all this about Tesco... on 15:50 - Jan 29 by Ftnfwest

Woah, woah, woah. Now this really is genuine reason for clicking the 'report abuse' button.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

What's all this about Tesco... on 19:01 - Jan 29 with 3114 viewsNo9

Because they only made £1 Billion last year apparently
What's all this about Tesco... on 19:02 - Jan 29 with 3110 viewschicoazul

Vegan millennial drydicks strike again.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

What's all this about Tesco... on 19:03 - Jan 29 with 3103 viewsMullet

Bit harsh on the Waitrose customers there old bean.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

What's all this about Tesco... on 19:33 - Jan 29 with 3056 viewsBlueBadger

What's all this about Tesco... on 19:02 - Jan 29 by chicoazul

Vegan millennial drydicks strike again.

I think I saw them playing the Camden Crawl last year.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

What's all this about Tesco... on 19:47 - Jan 29 with 3023 viewsMJallday

clearly youve never been to the Hereford branch of waitrose. on any given day there are a large number of cows in there attempting to get served.

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

What's all this about Tesco... on 19:48 - Jan 29 with 3021 viewsMullet

What's all this about Tesco... on 19:47 - Jan 29 by MJallday

clearly youve never been to the Hereford branch of waitrose. on any given day there are a large number of cows in there attempting to get served.

Get your own bad jokes!

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

What's all this about Tesco... on 19:49 - Jan 29 with 3017 viewsMJallday

What's all this about Tesco... on 19:48 - Jan 29 by Mullet

Get your own bad jokes!

i cant help it, its an affliction.

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

What's all this about Tesco... on 20:08 - Jan 29 with 2980 viewsbritbiker

What's all this about Tesco... on 19:47 - Jan 29 by MJallday

Surely they shop at Tescows !
I will get my coat.
What's all this about Tesco... on 21:31 - Jan 29 with 2896 viewsBurwell_Blue

What's all this about Tesco... on 16:32 - Jan 29 by LeagueOne

I know people who work there and they are moving to a model of total automation going forward, so lots of staff cuts coming and more jobless on UC coming up thanks to big business wanting to increase their share of profit. I suspect this is something to do with that, they've removed all their in house catering and staff discounts too and replaced it with private firms.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2019 16:32]

More nonsense.

The staff shop now offers food on its sell by date for free, the 10% discount on all store items remains and the 20% double discount days are plentiful (great for stocking the beer up and legs of lamb)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024