Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Proudest I’ve felt in a long time 14:19 - Feb 10 with 5853 viewsshoopdelang

Which is bizarre after a 3-0 loss to Norwich.
Our fans were outstanding. Lamberts passion for the club and our team have now outplayed a top 2 side for most of the match.

I really didn’t expect what I saw today. Pleasantly surprised
Proudest I’ve felt in a long time on 14:22 - Feb 10 with 5789 viewsThisIsMyUsername

How do you out-play a side and lose 3-0?

Jesus. Our support is as meagre and soft as the players are.

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Proudest I’ve felt in a long time on 14:24 - Feb 10 with 5744 viewsTractorWood

Proudest I’ve felt in a long time on 14:22 - Feb 10 by ThisIsMyUsername

Agree. Bar the woeful defending, non existent threat upfront, and inability to trouble a team who can't defend set pieces, it was amazing.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Proudest I’ve felt in a long time on 14:24 - Feb 10 with 5744 viewsblueconscience

The fans have just become too accustomed to the mediocrity from the last 11 years+
[Post edited 10 Feb 2019 14:25]

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Proudest I’ve felt in a long time on 14:27 - Feb 10 with 5688 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Proudest I’ve felt in a long time on 14:24 - Feb 10 by TractorWood

Agree. Bar the woeful defending, non existent threat upfront, and inability to trouble a team who can't defend set pieces, it was amazing.

If this afternoon is the new benchmark for what counts as a good performance to be pleased with then we might as well all just give up now.

If it was a dog you'd put it down.

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Proudest I’ve felt in a long time on 14:31 - Feb 10 with 5563 viewsshoopdelang

Proudest I’ve felt in a long time on 14:27 - Feb 10 by ThisIsMyUsername

If this afternoon is the new benchmark for what counts as a good performance to be pleased with then we might as well all just give up now.

Horses for courses. This team has been muddled together thanks to Paul Hursts lack of brains. We are where we are.

Regarding us not pushing Norwich. Believe me Ipswich were the better side with the ball. Norwich just more clinical and that’s because they’ve much more quality.
Proudest I’ve felt in a long time on 14:33 - Feb 10 with 5529 viewsFtnfwest

We didn’t outplay them but there was plenty of heart in that performance which is all we can hope for now. We just simply can’t afford (or won’t pay for) players of the quality that they’ve got.
Proudest I’ve felt in a long time on 14:34 - Feb 10 with 5510 viewsRegencyBlue

The point is that after scoring in 90 seconds Norwich didn’t need to break sweat.

They let us play in front of them and then picked us off. Did their keeper have a save to make, not than I can recall.

I can understand clutching at straws but we are bottom, in what is a pretty poor quality Championship this season, for a reason.

Agree about the fans and Lambert though.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2019 14:35]
Proudest I’ve felt in a long time on 14:43 - Feb 10 with 5378 viewsTrequartista

Proudest I’ve felt in a long time on 14:33 - Feb 10 by Ftnfwest

We didn’t outplay them but there was plenty of heart in that performance which is all we can hope for now. We just simply can’t afford (or won’t pay for) players of the quality that they’ve got.

Can't afford a first eleven with 7 free transfers or youth products and the costliest player £2.5m?

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Login to get fewer ads

Proudest I’ve felt in a long time on 14:43 - Feb 10 with 5360 viewsOxford_Blue

Could hear our fans throughout on TV
Proudest I’ve felt in a long time on 14:46 - Feb 10 with 5307 viewsFtnfwest

Proudest I’ve felt in a long time on 14:43 - Feb 10 by Trequartista

Can't afford a first eleven with 7 free transfers or youth products and the costliest player £2.5m?

and a wage bill nearly three times ours?
Proudest I’ve felt in a long time on 14:48 - Feb 10 with 5281 viewsDubtractor

Proudest I’ve felt in a long time on 14:31 - Feb 10 by shoopdelang

Horses for courses. This team has been muddled together thanks to Paul Hursts lack of brains. We are where we are.

Regarding us not pushing Norwich. Believe me Ipswich were the better side with the ball. Norwich just more clinical and that’s because they’ve much more quality.

"Believe me Ipswich were the better side with the ball. Norwich just more clinical and that’s because they’ve much more quality."

2 more contradictory sentences you'll do well to string together.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Proudest I’ve felt in a long time on 14:58 - Feb 10 with 5153 viewsshoopdelang

Proudest I’ve felt in a long time on 14:48 - Feb 10 by Dubtractor

"Believe me Ipswich were the better side with the ball. Norwich just more clinical and that’s because they’ve much more quality."

Point taken I didn’t word that well.

I felt we dominated the ball well and pressed Norwich back. They didn’t do that but were much more clinical
Proudest I’ve felt in a long time on 15:00 - Feb 10 with 5128 viewsParamedic

Proudest I’ve felt in a long time on 14:48 - Feb 10 by Dubtractor

Snowflake comments from a snowflake age!

AllalallalSunderland

Proudest I’ve felt in a long time on 15:03 - Feb 10 with 5077 viewstrncbluearmy

Outfought, outplayed, not proud of that
Proudest I’ve felt in a long time on 15:07 - Feb 10 with 5012 viewschristiand

It's a real shame because if we had a Championship poacher with pedigree, based on today we certainly wouldn't be in the bottom 3. We played some really good stuff at times, loved how Chalobah was driving forward in the second half, but we just haven't got a cutting edge in that final third.

Just confirmed that PL is the right man to have at the helm for next season.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Proudest I’ve felt in a long time on 15:08 - Feb 10 with 4999 viewspeterleeblue

Proudest I’ve felt in a long time on 14:58 - Feb 10 by shoopdelang

Point taken I didn’t word that well.

I felt we dominated the ball well and pressed Norwich back. They didn’t do that but were much more clinical

Sadly they allowed us to.
We just had to make mistakes and they gleefully picked us of.
Norwich were comfortable.
Proudest I’ve felt in a long time on 15:11 - Feb 10 with 4938 viewsTrequartista

Proudest I’ve felt in a long time on 14:46 - Feb 10 by Ftnfwest

and a wage bill nearly three times ours?

If true, I think that's probably from the players still there from the premier league i.e. Hanley or Klose who cost £10m. The side they put out is not beyond our reach with the right recruitment. But we have preferred to look not to look abroad for years.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2019 15:11]

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Proudest I’ve felt in a long time on 15:51 - Feb 10 with 4477 viewsDamster

Armchair fan.... get yourself to the game.... we played with fight and spirit and had them silenced for long periods. Sloppy mistakes when chasing a game but they didn’t dominate by a long way.
Proudest I’ve felt in a long time on 16:00 - Feb 10 with 4371 viewsstewartm

Proudest I’ve felt in a long time on 14:24 - Feb 10 by TractorWood

I think it shows just how bad ITFC got, now we have a team not as crap as before (still crap) and playing some football and look at the reaction....

Poll: How long will Lamburke survive this season?

Proudest I’ve felt in a long time on 16:09 - Feb 10 with 4275 viewsFtnfwest

Proudest I’ve felt in a long time on 15:11 - Feb 10 by Trequartista

If true, I think that's probably from the players still there from the premier league i.e. Hanley or Klose who cost £10m. The side they put out is not beyond our reach with the right recruitment. But we have preferred to look not to look abroad for years.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2019 15:11]

It’s behind how they’ve avoided a few transfer fees tbh but lots of their fees were ‘undisclosed’ which could mean anything
Proudest I’ve felt in a long time on 16:21 - Feb 10 with 4188 viewsArnieM

The only thing we lacked was end product . A feature of so many of our performances this season. If you couldn’t see that then time you moved on to watching tiddly winks.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Proudest I’ve felt in a long time on 16:28 - Feb 10 with 4107 viewsHarry_Palmer

Proudest I’ve felt in a long time on 14:33 - Feb 10 by Ftnfwest

Like free transfer Pukki you mean? They haven't spent a fortune yet have created a squad full of quality players. It's about having a clear game plan and getting the right players to fit your system as much as how much money you spend.
Proudest I’ve felt in a long time on 16:31 - Feb 10 with 4062 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Embarrassing post, you make us sound like a non league club.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024