Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We are very obviously going to be relegated but 12:26 - Feb 12 with 10304 viewsIllinoisblue

Does anyone else have those delusional moments when you think ‘if we can somehow scrape a couple of wins in the next couple of weeks we might have a chance...”

We can barely manage to create chances let alone score let alone even look like winning a game but you never know. Funny old game and all that.

Ipswich 0 Derby 4 it is then. Lawrence, Waghorn and Marriott on the scoresheet

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 12:27 - Feb 12 with 6183 viewschicoazul

I know what you mean but I honestly gave up on those moments 6 weeks or so ago. I am consoling myself by imagining our romp to the L1 title next season, that's my own delusion now.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 12:28 - Feb 12 with 6172 viewsKieran_Knows

Unfortunately not, I accepted relegation after we lost at home to Bristol City and I haven't wavered since. No doubt i'll get pelters for that, but hey ho.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 12:29 - Feb 12 with 6159 viewsitfc_bucks

We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 12:27 - Feb 12 by chicoazul

I know what you mean but I honestly gave up on those moments 6 weeks or so ago. I am consoling myself by imagining our romp to the L1 title next season, that's my own delusion now.

Both are similarly unlikely, I'm just not sure which is most fanciful.

Still, it's a return trip to Sincil Bank, eh?
We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 12:29 - Feb 12 with 6153 viewslinhdi

I still dream of how good the celebrations would be if we stayed up!!!
We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 12:29 - Feb 12 with 6154 viewsfooters

We need a couple of wins to have a chance of having a chance. Can't see it tbh. It'll be a long, slow goodbye from our home of nearly 20 years.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 12:30 - Feb 12 with 6144 viewsReuser_is_God

If we can somehow half the deficit over these next 2 games (big ask) then I might believe it's possible again.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 12:31 - Feb 12 with 6117 viewschicoazul

We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 12:29 - Feb 12 by itfc_bucks

Both are similarly unlikely, I'm just not sure which is most fanciful.

Still, it's a return trip to Sincil Bank, eh?

And a return to the ground of my all-time favourite Ipswich game.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 12:33 - Feb 12 with 6106 viewsPJH

We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 12:28 - Feb 12 by Kieran_Knows

Unfortunately not, I accepted relegation after we lost at home to Bristol City and I haven't wavered since. No doubt i'll get pelters for that, but hey ho.

I don't think you will get pelters but I have not given up and will not give up until it is impossible.
I still hope to have a League trip to Carrot Rud next season.
Login to get fewer ads

We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 12:36 - Feb 12 with 6079 viewsKieran_Knows

We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 12:33 - Feb 12 by PJH

I don't think you will get pelters but I have not given up and will not give up until it is impossible.
I still hope to have a League trip to Carrot Rud next season.

Fair enough PJH, and I admire those that still feel there is a realistic chance of getting out of this mess. I just can't see us stringing a few games together of 'decent' results. Even a mini 4/5 game unbeaten run would help, but I just don't feel like we're capable of that at the minute.

Still, let's see how it plays out, as others have said, it'll be one almighty party if we do manage it!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 12:37 - Feb 12 with 6075 viewsitfcjoe

Yes, I go into every game thinking we can win it (not that we will win it, but that with a bit of luck we could do).

And then i think about momentum, and what a win or 2 could do, and then look how rubbish Rotherham, Bolton and Reading are (conveniently forgetting that we are worse) and dare to dream.

I think this diamond with Judge in the whole and 2 up front suits our squad and should lead to more goals (which admittedly isn't difficult), but it will be far too little, far too late.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 12:39 - Feb 12 with 6050 viewscaught-in-limbo

Yep, all the time.

I save realism for geopolitics.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 12:43 - Feb 12 with 6019 viewsJakeITFC

We need/needed to win back-to-back games at some point to get me back dreaming.

We really are very bad.
We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 12:43 - Feb 12 with 6017 viewsArnieM

Yes I will admit to having those , “ we could , if we just.,,,,,” moments.

I think it’s called hope!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 12:48 - Feb 12 with 5994 viewsPJH

We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 12:43 - Feb 12 by ArnieM

It is.

For me it was called expectation but now it is called hope.
We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 12:51 - Feb 12 with 5969 viewsSwansea_Blue

We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 12:31 - Feb 12 by chicoazul

I've got vague memories of going down there and getting undone by a long range effort near the end of the match. It obviously wasn't 91/92 so may have been a bit later at the start of Burley's reign. Anyone remember such a game, or am I going mad?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 12:55 - Feb 12 with 5943 viewsTractorCam

We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 12:43 - Feb 12 by ArnieM

Definitely.

I've had relegation as an expectation since we sacked Hurst.

I've had it as a certainty since we lost to Accrington.

There's always hope though!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 13:04 - Feb 12 with 5883 viewsSwansea_Blue

Completely with the OP on this. Is been obvious for a while that we're going down. We'll be down easily by Easter with a pathetic total and end up 15+ points from safety.

But yep, each week I think just that. My versions is slightly different - if we can somehow manage to scrape 3 wins in the next 5 then we can get out of this. Highly unlikely that it'll happen of course and we'll do well to win once in the next 5, but a bit of me still thinks it can (which it can, but won't )

We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 13:06 - Feb 12 with 5874 viewsBinner

Relegation?

Following Sears's injury I think we may struggle to make the play-offs.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2019 13:11]

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 13:14 - Feb 12 with 5824 viewsITFC_Forever

We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 12:31 - Feb 12 by chicoazul

What has Sincil Bank got to do with Roots Hall?

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 13:15 - Feb 12 with 5817 viewsITFC_Forever

We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 12:51 - Feb 12 by Swansea_Blue

I've got vague memories of going down there and getting undone by a long range effort near the end of the match. It obviously wasn't 91/92 so may have been a bit later at the start of Burley's reign. Anyone remember such a game, or am I going mad?

Spring 1996 I think.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 13:15 - Feb 12 with 5813 viewsIpswichKnight

We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 12:27 - Feb 12 by chicoazul

Same here, however I do allow myself a brief minute or two of hope before kick off then I remind myself that we utter pony!
We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 13:20 - Feb 12 with 5770 viewsSwansea_Blue

We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 13:15 - Feb 12 by ITFC_Forever

Spring 1996 I think.

That's it thanks. I'd never have found it without the year. Pissed me off that did - we were in with a good chance of the POs that year, but had a rotten last month or so to the season.

Edit found that here https://www.southendtimeline.com/1996.htm. Which also tells me that the Spice Girls performed at the "legendary" Radio One Roadshow in Southend that year. Oh, and Southend Leisure and Tennis Centre opened. TWTD.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2019 13:36]

We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 13:23 - Feb 12 with 5754 viewsFrimleyBlue

The Bristol game, that was the one for me that showed we just won't have enough to stay up

However we will beat Derby 1-0 tomorrow night. Harrison right foot, from 20 yards after a run by Bishop

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 13:28 - Feb 12 with 5718 viewsTIB

I said to myself we needed to beat Millwall and Rotherham to kick start the revival and we'd survive. We didn't. My last string of hope was at the weekend...a win against them would have been the ultimate confidence booster. We played well but still lost.

I'm not one to ever give up, but it's all but done now...the Sears injury the icing on the cake. We cannot catch a break.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2019 13:46]

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

We are very obviously going to be relegated but on 13:32 - Feb 12 with 5687 viewshoppy

Yes. I do. Frequently. It makes no sense why I do, but I still do.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024