Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The planning for League One must start NOW 14:15 - Feb 10 with 5516 viewsportmanking

Send back the pointless loanees that won't be here next season (Pennington, Chalobah, Elder) and look to develop an XI of our own that are integrated to hit the ground running in August. It has to be that way.
The planning for League One must start NOW on 14:17 - Feb 10 with 4348 viewsDubtractor

Yep, absolutely no point in playing them now.

We really need to get a team that is a set for next season as possible.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

The planning for League One must start NOW on 14:18 - Feb 10 with 4325 viewseddiespearitt03

Might need planning for League Two under Marcus Evans. Evans will only leave when the money stops coming in., when we have nothing more to sell.
The planning for League One must start NOW on 14:18 - Feb 10 with 4325 viewsTrequartista

The conundrum is that Lambert's signings are mostly out of contract and Hurst's signings are mostly still in contract. But yes i agree 100% with you.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

The planning for League One must start NOW on 14:18 - Feb 10 with 4311 viewsRobTheMonk

It won't happen until we're mathematically down.
The planning for League One must start NOW on 14:19 - Feb 10 with 4296 viewsGlasgowBlue

That would be crazy considering that Bolton, Reading and Rotherham are as equally poor as we are.

We keep going until it's mathematically impossible to stay up.

It won't do a great deal for next season's team development if they are getting well beaten every week.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

The planning for League One must start NOW on 14:21 - Feb 10 with 4259 viewsportmanking

The planning for League One must start NOW on 14:18 - Feb 10 by RobTheMonk

That's criminally naive if it transpires that way.

We've won 3 all season and need to win 3 just to reach parity. It's over. Let's make peace with it, find a rhythm and cohesion.
The planning for League One must start NOW on 14:24 - Feb 10 with 4216 viewspointofblue

I agree. Team for Wednesday: Bialkowski, Emmanuel, Kenlock, Chambers, Nsiala, Skuse, Downes, Bishop, Edwards, Jackson, Harrison

Sears for Jackson if he's fit and start Judge if there's a chance he will be with us next season.

I think letting both Roberts and Rowe go was ridiculous; Dawkins was brought in to cover and hasn't been seen hide or hair of.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

The planning for League One must start NOW on 14:25 - Feb 10 with 4204 viewsbontcho

I agree. But it’s not just about getting an 11 together but getting a squad, perhaps giving youngsters like Wright, Ndaba, Clements, McGavin the odd appearance for PL to judge if they’re ready to be back up players next year. Encouraging Bishop signed a new deal.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

Login to get fewer ads

The planning for League One must start NOW on 14:27 - Feb 10 with 4169 viewsportmanking

The planning for League One must start NOW on 14:24 - Feb 10 by pointofblue

I agree. Team for Wednesday: Bialkowski, Emmanuel, Kenlock, Chambers, Nsiala, Skuse, Downes, Bishop, Edwards, Jackson, Harrison

Sears for Jackson if he's fit and start Judge if there's a chance he will be with us next season.

I think letting both Roberts and Rowe go was ridiculous; Dawkins was brought in to cover and hasn't been seen hide or hair of.

Emmanuel and Kenlock are nowhere near good enough.

We need to build a team around a diamond midfield of Downes, Nydam, Bishop and Dozzell, with two new dynamic full backs with the ability to get up and down.

We need to do everything we can to retain Collins and give Woolfenden a platform.
The planning for League One must start NOW on 14:27 - Feb 10 with 4163 viewsRobTheMonk

The planning for League One must start NOW on 14:21 - Feb 10 by portmanking

We've won 3 all season and need to win 3 just to reach parity. It's over. Let's make peace with it, find a rhythm and cohesion.

I'm pretty sure we're going down but there's always that slimmer of hope that we put together a run like Hull did. For that reason the loans will carry on playing until it's done.
The planning for League One must start NOW on 14:29 - Feb 10 with 4121 viewspointofblue

The planning for League One must start NOW on 14:27 - Feb 10 by portmanking

We need to build a team around a diamond midfield of Downes, Nydam, Bishop and Dozzell, with two new dynamic full backs with the ability to get up and down.

We need to do everything we can to retain Collins and give Woolfenden a platform.

Because Bree and Knudsen were fantastic today; indeed Knudsen was beaten down the left today in very similar circumstances to Kenlock v Wednesday last week which makes me wonder if it's a flaw in the tactics as well as with the players themselves.

Quite like the idea of the diamond and that may be the way forward as we're seriously lacking skill out wide. I'd love to keep Judge and Collins next year but both are too good for League One.

The planning for League One must start NOW on 14:31 - Feb 10 with 4097 viewssoupytwist

The planning for League One must start NOW on 14:19 - Feb 10 by GlasgowBlue

That would be crazy considering that Bolton, Reading and Rotherham are as equally poor as we are.

We keep going until it's mathematically impossible to stay up.

It won't do a great deal for next season's team development if they are getting well beaten every week.

If they remain equally poor as we are, we'll still be bottom.
Between now and the end of the season, we need those three and probably one other to be considerably worse than we have been thus far. That is not going to happen.
The planning for League One must start NOW on 14:33 - Feb 10 with 4066 viewsGlasgowBlue

The planning for League One must start NOW on 14:21 - Feb 10 by portmanking

We have only won three games all season but come March we will reach the point in the season where teams are either safe from relegation or have no chance of making the play offs. Teams in that position tend to take their foot of the gas. We have seen Ipswich play like that when we have been comfortable in 15th. That is the stage of the season where teams fighting for their lives start to pick up points.

It's also the stage of the season where the top teams start to have a wobble against the bottom teams.

We will win more games in the final three months of the season than we have in the first six.

Iron Lion Zion

The planning for League One must start NOW on 14:35 - Feb 10 with 4033 viewsHerbivore

You don't give up on your season with 15 games to go. We keep fighting, it's the only way. And in any case building for next season is a myth given the turnover of players we'll have over the summer. We're not going to pick a side now that will be how we line up for the first game of next season. Plus it's not ideal for players' confidence to send them out to get dicked on every week. Preseason is where sides are built, sadly ours was dismantled.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The planning for League One must start NOW on 14:36 - Feb 10 with 4031 viewspatrickswell

The planning for League One must start NOW on 14:33 - Feb 10 by GlasgowBlue

We have only won three games all season but come March we will reach the point in the season where teams are either safe from relegation or have no chance of making the play offs. Teams in that position tend to take their foot of the gas. We have seen Ipswich play like that when we have been comfortable in 15th. That is the stage of the season where teams fighting for their lives start to pick up points.

It's also the stage of the season where the top teams start to have a wobble against the bottom teams.

We will win more games in the final three months of the season than we have in the first six.

All well and good, but our team is made up of crap, mentally weak cowards and managed by a busted flush bull merchant.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2019 14:39]
The planning for League One must start NOW on 14:38 - Feb 10 with 4002 viewsbontcho

The planning for League One must start NOW on 14:29 - Feb 10 by pointofblue

Because Bree and Knudsen were fantastic today; indeed Knudsen was beaten down the left today in very similar circumstances to Kenlock v Wednesday last week which makes me wonder if it's a flaw in the tactics as well as with the players themselves.

Quite like the idea of the diamond and that may be the way forward as we're seriously lacking skill out wide. I'd love to keep Judge and Collins next year but both are too good for League One.

The thing that would worry me about a diamond is our full backs would be even more exposed.

Bulgarian penalty hero

The planning for League One must start NOW on 14:39 - Feb 10 with 3977 viewspointofblue

The planning for League One must start NOW on 14:33 - Feb 10 by GlasgowBlue

True. But by that argument so will Rotherham, Bolton and Reading.

All three are capable of picking up SOME points, even if it's a draw. We can't even manage that even with our wonderful loanees playing.

The planning for League One must start NOW on 14:41 - Feb 10 with 3939 viewsHerbivore

The planning for League One must start NOW on 14:38 - Feb 10 by bontcho

The thing that would worry me about a diamond is our full backs would be even more exposed.

We played the diamond today and our full backs did mostly okay. The goals came through errors elsewhere.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The planning for League One must start NOW on 14:43 - Feb 10 with 3924 viewstractorshark

The planning for League One must start NOW on 14:24 - Feb 10 by pointofblue

The reason we’re in this mess is because we picked teams like this at the start of the season.
Too much inexperience and youth.
It needs to be blended in, not just thrown in.
The planning for League One must start NOW on 14:49 - Feb 10 with 3865 views3_5_2

The planning for League One must start NOW on 14:18 - Feb 10 by RobTheMonk

This

PL will plan for the division once he knows which one it is
for sure

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

The planning for League One must start NOW on 14:53 - Feb 10 with 3817 viewsGlasgowBlue

The planning for League One must start NOW on 14:39 - Feb 10 by pointofblue

True. But by that argument so will Rotherham, Bolton and Reading.

All three are capable of picking up SOME points, even if it's a draw. We can't even manage that even with our wonderful loanees playing.

They will. We must win three more than the team that finishes third bottom. Which is why the season will really start to hot up and we will continue to play what Lambert perceives as his best team until it's mathematically impossible to survive.

Iron Lion Zion

The planning for League One must start NOW on 15:06 - Feb 10 with 3745 viewsportmanking

The planning for League One must start NOW on 14:53 - Feb 10 by GlasgowBlue

They will. We must win three more than the team that finishes third bottom. Which is why the season will really start to hot up and we will continue to play what Lambert perceives as his best team until it's mathematically impossible to survive.

Stop kidding yourself. It's done. Make peace with it and give ourselves the best chance to fight back next season from August 1st.
The planning for League One must start NOW on 15:18 - Feb 10 with 3706 viewsbontcho

The planning for League One must start NOW on 14:41 - Feb 10 by Herbivore

We played the diamond today and our full backs did mostly okay. The goals came through errors elsewhere.

That’s fair.

Bulgarian penalty hero

The planning for League One must start NOW on 15:20 - Feb 10 with 3694 viewsGlasgowBlue

The planning for League One must start NOW on 15:06 - Feb 10 by portmanking

Stop kidding yourself. It's done. Make peace with it and give ourselves the best chance to fight back next season from August 1st.

I'll make peace with it when we are relegated and not before.

Iron Lion Zion

The planning for League One must start NOW on 15:20 - Feb 10 with 3690 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

The planning for League One must start NOW on 14:27 - Feb 10 by portmanking

emmanuel and kenlock are plenty good enough for div 1!

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024