Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Back to Back wins 21:12 - Feb 18 with 2913 viewsKropotkin123

Given our recent performances, is it possible? and do you think we can close the game to 3 points? A big couple of weeks. I'm looking forward to it

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Back to Back wins on 21:53 - Feb 18 with 2842 viewsIllinoisblue

it's been almost exactly a YEAR since we last managed that. Feb 24th 1-0 at PNE. March 6th 2-1 at Sheff Weds.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Back to Back wins on 22:48 - Feb 18 with 2787 viewsFixed_It

Back to Back wins on 21:53 - Feb 18 by Illinoisblue

it's been almost exactly a YEAR since we last managed that. Feb 24th 1-0 at PNE. March 6th 2-1 at Sheff Weds.

But we are playing better football than we were then. It isn't impossible. Unlikely, but not impossible.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Back to Back wins on 23:13 - Feb 18 with 2756 viewsHerbivore

I can't see it. Wigan are doing okay at home and our away form is absolutely awful. We might get a draw but can't see us winning. Reading again I think a point is most likely.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Back to Back wins on 07:23 - Feb 19 with 2633 viewsCoastalblue

Need to play better than against Stoke to achieve that.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Back to Back wins on 07:36 - Feb 19 with 2618 viewsSwailsey

Don’t we need to win first?

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Back to Back wins on 07:36 - Feb 19 with 2622 viewschristiand

I'd be surprised. The Latics are currently on a good run themselves, but because it's little old Wigan we're just dismissing them as any kind of threat.Have you seen our away record? Reading are fighting for their lives and they'll see us as a winnable game too. We'll do well to get 4 points from those two games, but if we end up with 6 then I certainly won't be complaining either!!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Back to Back wins on 09:06 - Feb 19 with 2537 viewsOsborneOneNil

Knowing Town, we’ll get a great win away at Wigan, then lose at home to Reading. Our inability to back up a positive result is quite staggering.
Back to Back wins on 09:18 - Feb 19 with 2502 viewsMullysplace1

As we make at least one mistake every game to gift our opponents a goal, we need to score at least 2 to win a match. We dont really score more than 1 ever, so almost impossible l would think.
Login to get fewer ads

Back to Back wins on 09:21 - Feb 19 with 2495 viewsReuser_is_God

We were genuinely in with a chance of gatecrashing the top 6 after those 2 games.

We then had 2 home games against Sheff United & Hull & we absolutely stunk the place out in both of them. We were dreadful.

In the Sheffield United game Luke Hyam was our biggest attacking threat when he came on.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Back to Back wins on 09:21 - Feb 19 with 2492 viewsKieran_Knows

TWTD......

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Back to Back wins on 09:22 - Feb 19 with 2488 viewsRadlett_blue

Back to Back wins on 07:36 - Feb 19 by christiand

I'd be surprised. The Latics are currently on a good run themselves, but because it's little old Wigan we're just dismissing them as any kind of threat.Have you seen our away record? Reading are fighting for their lives and they'll see us as a winnable game too. We'll do well to get 4 points from those two games, but if we end up with 6 then I certainly won't be complaining either!!

We are truly in the last chance saloon.
Assuming the clubs around us continue their woeful form, we realistically need 40 points or so to have a chance of survival. That means we need 20 points from our last 13 games - 5 wins, 5 draws & 3 defeats, for example. If we are to get 5 wins, hard to see where they will come from if we don't win at least 1 of the next 2 games.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Back to Back wins on 09:28 - Feb 19 with 2458 viewsPJH

Back to Back wins on 07:36 - Feb 19 by Swailsey

Don’t we need to win first?

I think we should try to score our equalizer before the opposition score.
Back to Back wins on 09:41 - Feb 19 with 2420 viewsDarth_Koont

Should be very possible if we weren't at the bottom of the table. We're certainly playing alright but our position at the foot of the table seems to be like quicksand dragging us down, and our confidence with it.

So, I think we'll need a lot of luck too.

Pronouns: He/Him

Back to Back wins on 09:54 - Feb 19 with 2376 viewsTractorCam

Reading v Rotherham is this weekend so best case will be 4 points.

It's doable if we play like we did against Norwich and Derby, but this really is our final chance. If we lose at least 1 of these (in particular Reading at home) then that would be definitely it.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Back to Back wins on 09:54 - Feb 19 with 2371 viewsRadlett_blue

Back to Back wins on 09:41 - Feb 19 by Darth_Koont

Should be very possible if we weren't at the bottom of the table. We're certainly playing alright but our position at the foot of the table seems to be like quicksand dragging us down, and our confidence with it.

So, I think we'll need a lot of luck too.

An uncertain goalkeeper & defence has made it near impossible for us to keep a clean sheet - only 3 all season, all at home to other low end sides. Hence we are incapable of grinding out the 1-0s & 0-0s so important for survival. I see no signs of this getting better, hence our chances are very slim.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Back to Back wins on 09:56 - Feb 19 with 2362 viewsTractorCam

Back to Back wins on 07:36 - Feb 19 by christiand

I don't think anybody is really 'dismissing' them as a threat. As a team also down there with us we have to be winning this game, nobody expects it to be easy it's just one we have a better chance of winning than some of our more recent games.

Back to Back wins on 10:00 - Feb 19 with 2350 viewsSuperblue95

Back to back wins are possible. Trouble is we need back to back to back to back wins to catch up with the pack and there’s no chance of that

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Back to Back wins on 10:06 - Feb 19 with 2331 viewsLeagueOne

When three of your back four are fullbacks, and you give goals away for fun and have done all season unless WIll Keanes suddenly good for 2 goals a game I doubt we will win many of the remaining fixtures. We need to get a grasp on reality, our chance to save it was during the window but the investment wasn't strong and we've remained bottom with 1 win during that same period against the other rubbish team in the league.

We'll be relegated with the record low points sadly.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Back to Back wins on 10:29 - Feb 19 with 2273 viewsCoachRob

Feeling more optimistic but Wigan's home form is excellent and would take a point there. Just to be playing some decent football and playing ourselves into a bit of form has got to bode well for next season whatever division we are in.
Back to Back wins on 13:06 - Feb 19 with 2071 viewsPilgrimblue

Back to Back wins on 10:29 - Feb 19 by CoachRob

Feeling more optimistic but Wigan's home form is excellent and would take a point there. Just to be playing some decent football and playing ourselves into a bit of form has got to bode well for next season whatever division we are in.

I'm optimistic too but it's more likely we'll get back to back draws from next two games. It's our inability to score that worries me most. Possession is fine but someone has to shoot. Keane showed he's capable but who else!
Maybe we're going to have to rely on the midfield with Bish and Judge most likely but the rest are too happy to pass the buck.
Back to Back wins on 13:08 - Feb 19 with 2064 viewsTractorCam

Back to Back wins on 13:06 - Feb 19 by Pilgrimblue

I'm optimistic too but it's more likely we'll get back to back draws from next two games. It's our inability to score that worries me most. Possession is fine but someone has to shoot. Keane showed he's capable but who else!
Maybe we're going to have to rely on the midfield with Bish and Judge most likely but the rest are too happy to pass the buck.

Judge will always shoot whenever he's got space in and around the box, we just need to make that happen more.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024