Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Off to Reykjavic in the morning 14:17 - Mar 13 with 1011 viewsCoastalblue

Flying out early and back Saturday evening for a short break for the other half's Birthday.

Have a late night trip booked Friday when we'll be hoping to be lucky enough to see the Northern lights, aside from that we're planning to wander and explore the city.

Any reccomendations people?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Off to Reykjavic in the morning on 14:19 - Mar 13 with 994 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Blue Lagoon - to state the obvious

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Off to Reykjavic in the morning on 14:21 - Mar 13 with 989 viewsWeWereZombies

Off to Reykjavic in the morning on 14:19 - Mar 13 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

But you can go to Glasgow for that

And they are not the greatest fish supper around.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Off to Reykjavic in the morning on 14:25 - Mar 13 with 980 viewsIpswichKnight

Off to Reykjavic in the morning on 14:19 - Mar 13 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

go to the secret lagoon instead it's way less crowded but the same experience. I'd also go whale watching, visit the continental divide and maybe go for an ice hike over a glacier.

Normally i avoid Reykjavic and instead head for the North of Iceland which isn't crowded with tourists but has just as good experiences.
Off to Reykjavic in the morning on 14:28 - Mar 13 with 971 viewsBasuco

Bring some puffins back and look up some old TWTD fanzines for a Herman Heridarsson recipe.
Off to Reykjavic in the morning on 14:29 - Mar 13 with 962 viewsCoastalblue

Off to Reykjavic in the morning on 14:25 - Mar 13 by IpswichKnight

go to the secret lagoon instead it's way less crowded but the same experience. I'd also go whale watching, visit the continental divide and maybe go for an ice hike over a glacier.

Normally i avoid Reykjavic and instead head for the North of Iceland which isn't crowded with tourists but has just as good experiences.

I think if we enjoy it we'll head back and look to see more of it, this one is a very short trip with just the one full day which has the Northern Lights 4x4 trip at the end of it.

I'm hoping to go back and stay in the North if we both enjoy it, somewhere I have always wanted to vist and already wishing I'd booked a longer trip.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.

Off to Reykjavic in the morning on 14:30 - Mar 13 with 961 viewsCoastalblue

Off to Reykjavic in the morning on 14:28 - Mar 13 by Basuco

Bring some puffins back and look up some old TWTD fanzines for a Herman Heridarsson recipe.

I still have some of them in a draw somewhere, recipes included.

Those Were The Days

Off to Reykjavic in the morning on 18:31 - Mar 13 with 857 viewsSarge

Grab a sandwich from Hlollabatar, they’re expensive as is everything there but really nice, especially after a night on the beers (or beer, again, expensive)
Off to Reykjavic in the morning on 18:47 - Mar 13 with 839 viewshatch

The penis museum in the city is a genuinely fascinating visit. A whole range of pickled penises from Sperm whale to human donations!

Also, Icelandic Street Food in the centre do great unlimited local soup in holed out loaves of bread - and the guy that serves them is Hermann’s neighbour!
Login to get fewer ads

Off to Reykjavic in the morning on 18:53 - Mar 13 with 829 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Off to Reykjavic in the morning on 18:47 - Mar 13 by hatch

The penis museum in the city is a genuinely fascinating visit. A whole range of pickled penises from Sperm whale to human donations!

Also, Icelandic Street Food in the centre do great unlimited local soup in holed out loaves of bread - and the guy that serves them is Hermann’s neighbour!

Was going to mention the penis museum, well worth a visit for novelty value. Also the last McDonalds in Iceland is on display in a hotel foyer up near the church at the top of the hill

A couple of other food recommendations - little truck down near the harbour which does a cracking lobster bisque, and noodle bar type place on the main street through town (ie. the heated one!). Both fairly cheap lunch options which in Reykjavik is a godsend!

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024