Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ 15:51 - Mar 18 with 24841 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

It’s baffling this stuff makes the national news.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-47612616

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:06 - Mar 18 with 5921 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Oh god.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:08 - Mar 18 with 5909 viewsSpruceMoose

It's national news because they know numpties will get up in arms about it and do stuff like post a link on provincial football forums, thus reaching a wider audience and thus getting more clicks.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:09 - Mar 18 with 5902 viewsitfcjoe

Just attention seeking, he's a bloke

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:09 - Mar 18 with 5892 viewsJ2BLUE

Are gender neutral and non binary the same thing?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:10 - Mar 18 with 5888 viewsSwansea_Blue

No idea who he (or whatever the appropriate pronoun is) is.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:10 - Mar 18 with 5888 viewsSuperblue95

“I put on weight where women put on weight”

Yep we get it you’ve got man boobs

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:12 - Mar 18 with 5875 viewsSpruceMoose

I love it when TWTD tackles sensitive and nuanced issues with its patented broad brush approach.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:13 - Mar 18 with 5863 viewsBiGDonnie

Silly b*tch.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:13 - Mar 18 with 5863 viewsLankHenners

No it isn’t - gender and identity are 2 very big issues in society at the moment, and as Spruce alludes to, the ‘people get offended by anything these days’ brigade get very hot and sweaty about something that doesn’t affect them in the slightest but can’t help making ignorant comments on it which only serves to keep it in the news cycle.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:16 - Mar 18 with 5848 viewsLankHenners

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:12 - Mar 18 by SpruceMoose

I love it when TWTD tackles sensitive and nuanced issues with its patented broad brush approach.

All geared up for another ‘straight white males tell non straight white males what is right and wrong with their view of the world’.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:16 - Mar 18 with 5841 viewsSpruceMoose

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:13 - Mar 18 by LankHenners

No it isn’t - gender and identity are 2 very big issues in society at the moment, and as Spruce alludes to, the ‘people get offended by anything these days’ brigade get very hot and sweaty about something that doesn’t affect them in the slightest but can’t help making ignorant comments on it which only serves to keep it in the news cycle.

Dismissing this kind of thing as attention seeking can be damaging too. Anyone doubting the difficulties transgender folk face should check out suicide statistics for that group. It's no joke. I'm going to bow out of this one now, just wanted to flag it up.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2019 16:17]

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:23 - Mar 18 with 5789 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:13 - Mar 18 by LankHenners

They are a big issue on twitter, that doesn't mean its a reflection on society as a whole.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:27 - Mar 18 with 5767 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:16 - Mar 18 by LankHenners

All geared up for another ‘straight white males tell non straight white males what is right and wrong with their view of the world’.

Bit offensive of you to be so stereotypical.

Shame on you. Grouping people into a stereotype in order to attack them.

Poor form, very poor.

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:28 - Mar 18 with 5769 viewsitfcjoe

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:16 - Mar 18 by SpruceMoose

Dismissing this kind of thing as attention seeking can be damaging too. Anyone doubting the difficulties transgender folk face should check out suicide statistics for that group. It's no joke. I'm going to bow out of this one now, just wanted to flag it up.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2019 16:17]

Without trying to drag you back into this, as this is genuinely civil - is it not a case that these people have more mental health issues because they are effectively 'not normal' and whatever you try to do to normalise this they are still going to fall into the very edges of society in reality?

If some days he thinks he is a woman and other days he thinks hes a man then that isn't going to change, and it's still going to be viewed as different?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:31 - Mar 18 with 5740 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:28 - Mar 18 by itfcjoe

Without trying to drag you back into this, as this is genuinely civil - is it not a case that these people have more mental health issues because they are effectively 'not normal' and whatever you try to do to normalise this they are still going to fall into the very edges of society in reality?

If some days he thinks he is a woman and other days he thinks hes a man then that isn't going to change, and it's still going to be viewed as different?

Well put.

To be fair, I dont think anyone on here has raised an issue with how he lives his life, I think some people are just bored of people creating a new category, because they don't like being categorised.

To be fair to Sam Smith, he's not really the one making a big deal out of it, its more the media raising it as an issue.

Eddie Izzard was 20 years before his time, the difference was that he just got on and did what he wanted, dressed how he wanted to dress, and didn't feel the need to create a new category.

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:35 - Mar 18 with 5714 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:09 - Mar 18 by J2BLUE

Are gender neutral and non binary the same thing?

No idea.

It’s all a load of utter sh*te.

There are two genders. That is all.

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:35 - Mar 18 with 5712 viewsSpruceMoose

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:28 - Mar 18 by itfcjoe

I agree, we should keep it civil. You're not going to persuade anyone over to your point of view with hostility. I appreciate you being open for a genuine discussion mate.

My own personal point of view is that I see transgender identities being no more a product of mental health issues, or being inherently more likely to bring about mental health issues than sexual orientation. Society hasn't yet, in the main, caught up with that concept yet though. I wonder if what brings about the mental health issues is largely society's response to how they would ideally like to identify.

Shame, secrecy, being made to feel like a freak, judged, pointed at, laughed at, heckled in public, sometimes by family, friends and strangers alike. Anyone living like that long enough will surely be more at risk of mental health problems?

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:37 - Mar 18 with 5706 viewsSpruceMoose

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:35 - Mar 18 by The_Romford_Blue

No idea.

It’s all a load of utter sh*te.

There are two genders. That is all.

Hopefully university will make you a bit more worldly wise. You'll look back on this, hopefully, and realise how utterly silly and arrogant you sound.

Talk to transgender people. See the kind of response you get if you say that to them. What you've said is very insulting and more then kind of thing I would expect my grandparents to come out with, not someone your age.

Just try to be a bit more open minded about it mate. It's not as if identifying as transgender is a barrel load of laughs is it?
[Post edited 18 Mar 2019 16:39]

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:42 - Mar 18 with 5656 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:37 - Mar 18 by SpruceMoose

Hopefully university will make you a bit more worldly wise. You'll look back on this, hopefully, and realise how utterly silly and arrogant you sound.

Talk to transgender people. See the kind of response you get if you say that to them. What you've said is very insulting and more then kind of thing I would expect my grandparents to come out with, not someone your age.

Just try to be a bit more open minded about it mate. It's not as if identifying as transgender is a barrel load of laughs is it?

I can see where he is coming from, I dont think he has an issue with how people want to live their lives, I think its more to do with definitions.

Biologically, according to your reproductive organs etc, you are either male or female, but you can behave how you wish.

I think Sam Smith put it quite well in simply saying I am a man who sometimes feels like a woman.

I'm not sure we need labels like non-binary.

Remember you promised to remain civil...
[Post edited 18 Mar 2019 16:43]

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:45 - Mar 18 with 5644 viewsSpruceMoose

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:42 - Mar 18 by Marshalls_Mullet

I can see where he is coming from, I dont think he has an issue with how people want to live their lives, I think its more to do with definitions.

Biologically, according to your reproductive organs etc, you are either male or female, but you can behave how you wish.

I think Sam Smith put it quite well in simply saying I am a man who sometimes feels like a woman.

I'm not sure we need labels like non-binary.

Remember you promised to remain civil...
[Post edited 18 Mar 2019 16:43]

Well look at it this way, what harm does it cause if somebody wants to identify as non-binary? It makes absolutely no difference to me.

Not like he's declared as a Norwich fan or something!

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:45 - Mar 18 with 5642 viewsJ2BLUE

Give him a break. This stuff is very new and very hard to get your head around for some people. Instead of criticisms/questions being answered sensibly people just try and shut down all debate. I think a lot more people find it hard to understand than people think but they are afraid to speak up because there's always someone waiting to attack them.

And yes, I realise he went in two footed, studs up which isn't ideal.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:45 - Mar 18 with 5644 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Nope. There are literally two genders.

‘Non binary’ and ‘gender fluid’ are just utter nonsense.

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:46 - Mar 18 with 5632 viewsSpruceMoose

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:45 - Mar 18 by The_Romford_Blue

Nope. There are literally two genders.

‘Non binary’ and ‘gender fluid’ are just utter nonsense.

And how do you know this?

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:47 - Mar 18 with 5630 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:45 - Mar 18 by J2BLUE

Give him a break. This stuff is very new and very hard to get your head around for some people. Instead of criticisms/questions being answered sensibly people just try and shut down all debate. I think a lot more people find it hard to understand than people think but they are afraid to speak up because there's always someone waiting to attack them.

And yes, I realise he went in two footed, studs up which isn't ideal.

It’s not even so much as the labels like ‘gender neautral’ and ‘gender fluid’ etc.

But why if someone wants to label themself as one of these things does it make the national news. Who the hell cares?

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:48 - Mar 18 with 5625 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:46 - Mar 18 by SpruceMoose

And how do you know this?

I’m not going to get into an argument over it.

You believe what you do and I believe what I do. There’s no right answer to this. We can agree to disagree like adults.

I still think it’s ridiculous that it makes national news though.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024