Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bloody hell. that was some rugby international! (Eng v Scot) 19:11 - Mar 16 with 2021 viewsRyorry

Won't post spoilers, just make sure you get to see a replay if you can!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Bloody hell. that was some rugby international! (Eng v Scot) on 19:55 - Mar 16 with 1973 viewsJ2BLUE

Wish I could back in time for a bet!

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Bloody hell. that was some rugby international! (Eng v Scot) on 19:57 - Mar 16 with 1968 viewsDarth_Koont

Should have put a poor England to the sword. Even though it was our B team.

Pronouns: He/Him

Bloody hell. that was some rugby international! (Eng v Scot) on 20:11 - Mar 16 with 1942 viewsFtnfwest

Bloody hell. that was some rugby international! (Eng v Scot) on 19:57 - Mar 16 by Darth_Koont

A draw is putting us to the sword Koont!
Bloody hell. that was some rugby international! (Eng v Scot) on 20:13 - Mar 16 with 1931 viewsDarth_Koont

Bloody hell. that was some rugby international! (Eng v Scot) on 20:11 - Mar 16 by Ftnfwest

A draw is putting us to the sword Koont!

I said "should have".

Farrell and his shoulder should have been off the pitch and it was madness for Laidlaw to go for a penalty from that far out.

Missed opportunity. But I bet Eddie Jones is still fuming so job done there.

Bloody hell. that was some rugby international! (Eng v Scot) on 20:23 - Mar 16 with 1911 viewsFtnfwest

Bloody hell. that was some rugby international! (Eng v Scot) on 20:13 - Mar 16 by Darth_Koont

I said "should have".

Farrell and his shoulder should have been off the pitch and it was madness for Laidlaw to go for a penalty from that far out.

Yeah I suppose he’s yet another reason for everyone to hate us.
Cheers to ireland for turning up btw. Suspect they may have put more effort into it if they were playing us in a game we had to win to take the slam.. But fair play to wales who deserved it overall
Bloody hell. that was some rugby international! (Eng v Scot) on 21:36 - Mar 16 with 1854 viewsDarth_Koont

Bloody hell. that was some rugby international! (Eng v Scot) on 20:23 - Mar 16 by Ftnfwest

Yeah I suppose he’s yet another reason for everyone to hate us.
Cheers to ireland for turning up btw. Suspect they may have put more effort into it if they were playing us in a game we had to win to take the slam.. But fair play to wales who deserved it overall

No, Eddie Jones is just the worst person.

Agreed that Wales were best overall. Defensively they were on another level.

Which is annoying because a patched-up Scotland team should have beaten both the top two. On the plus side, the World Cup looks wide open for who is going to get to the final against New Zealand - could be any one of 6 or 7 sides. And probably all of them could upset the All Blacks on a good day too.

Bloody hell. that was some rugby international! (Eng v Scot) on 22:06 - Mar 16 with 1822 viewsFtnfwest

Bloody hell. that was some rugby international! (Eng v Scot) on 21:36 - Mar 16 by Darth_Koont

No, Eddie Jones is just the worst person.

Agreed that Wales were best overall. Defensively they were on another level.

Which is annoying because a patched-up Scotland team should have beaten both the top two. On the plus side, the World Cup looks wide open for who is going to get to the final against New Zealand - could be any one of 6 or 7 sides. And probably all of them could upset the All Blacks on a good day too.

Not sure how the draw works out but wales are streets ahead of the rest. Ireland tend to always peak between world cups aside from the last one when they just came up short. England won’t get out of their group
Bloody hell. that was some rugby international! (Eng v Scot) on 22:23 - Mar 16 with 1803 viewsDarth_Koont

Bloody hell. that was some rugby international! (Eng v Scot) on 22:06 - Mar 16 by Ftnfwest

Not sure how the draw works out but wales are streets ahead of the rest. Ireland tend to always peak between world cups aside from the last one when they just came up short. England won’t get out of their group

Not sure Wales are that far ahead to be honest but definitely the most streetwise this championship. Depends who else goes into the WC with some momentum.

I think England should get through their pool. But France, Argentina, Tonga and USA look like being bruising encounters even if they're fairly comfortable wins. Then they get Wales or Australia after they've had a comparatively easy set of fixtures.

Login to get fewer ads

Bloody hell. that was some rugby international! (Eng v Scot) on 23:10 - Mar 16 with 1758 viewsRyorry

Bloody hell. that was some rugby international! (Eng v Scot) on 20:13 - Mar 16 by Darth_Koont

I said "should have".

Thought Farrell surely sin-bin-bound for that, and couldn't believe L going for a pen from there - could only assume he was mentally as well as physically tired.

Bloody hell. that was some rugby international! (Eng v Scot) on 07:50 - Mar 17 with 1660 viewssolemio

Bloody hell. that was some rugby international! (Eng v Scot) on 23:10 - Mar 16 by Ryorry

Thought Farrell surely sin-bin-bound for that, and couldn't believe L going for a pen from there - could only assume he was mentally as well as physically tired.

Laidlaw hadn't been on the pitch that long when the decision to kick was made, had he?

I've been watching England internationals since 1955 and this was the most bonkers match in that time. Thanks to MicMac for the use of his vocabulary.
Bloody hell. that was some rugby international! (Eng v Scot) on 09:05 - Mar 17 with 1630 viewsballycastle

Bloody hell. that was some rugby international! (Eng v Scot) on 19:57 - Mar 16 by Darth_Koont

Is the B team players who were actually born in Scotland?
Bloody hell. that was some rugby international! (Eng v Scot) on 09:28 - Mar 17 with 1607 viewsDarth_Koont

Bloody hell. that was some rugby international! (Eng v Scot) on 09:05 - Mar 17 by ballycastle

Is the B team players who were actually born in Scotland?

Hehe. Not sure England have any moral high ground on that score. Despite being the biggest and richest rugby nation with half of all the rugby players in the world, they've used and abused the residency rule as much as anyone.

looking forward to the World Cup now, knowing new caps like Darcy Graham and Sam Johnson have the capacity to really step up.

Bloody hell. that was some rugby international! (Eng v Scot) on 09:42 - Mar 17 with 1581 viewsballycastle

Bloody hell. that was some rugby international! (Eng v Scot) on 09:28 - Mar 17 by Darth_Koont

Hehe. Not sure England have any moral high ground on that score. Despite being the biggest and richest rugby nation with half of all the rugby players in the world, they've used and abused the residency rule as much as anyone.

looking forward to the World Cup now, knowing new caps like Darcy Graham and Sam Johnson have the capacity to really step up.

You are correct, England should, with the number of players at their disposal be far and away the best British Isles side.

Scotland are good to watch.

Begrudgingly, Wales are a tremendous side and from a far smaller pool, their defence looks as though they have an extra man.
Bloody hell. that was some rugby international! (Eng v Scot) on 10:07 - Mar 17 with 1561 viewsDarth_Koont

Bloody hell. that was some rugby international! (Eng v Scot) on 09:42 - Mar 17 by ballycastle

You are correct, England should, with the number of players at their disposal be far and away the best British Isles side.

Scotland are good to watch.

Begrudgingly, Wales are a tremendous side and from a far smaller pool, their defence looks as though they have an extra man.

I think the Welsh and Irish setups are pretty good. 4 pro regional/district teams to get the strength in depth while also building familiarity. I'd like to see Scotland build up to that if we can.

Nations like England and France with their rich club leagues certainly can bring through the individuals but just not so sure they can achieve the discipline and team focus of Wales and Ireland as easily. I think that trumps individual quality at international level.

Bloody hell. that was some rugby international! (Eng v Scot) on 11:05 - Mar 17 with 1526 viewsRyorry

Bloody hell. that was some rugby international! (Eng v Scot) on 07:50 - Mar 17 by solemio

Laidlaw hadn't been on the pitch that long when the decision to kick was made, had he?

I've been watching England internationals since 1955 and this was the most bonkers match in that time. Thanks to MicMac for the use of his vocabulary.

I got my timings right for once by missing the entire first half as I took my dog for a walk! so didn't see the starting line-up. Came back in only just as things were getting exciting in the second!

Bloody hell. that was some rugby international! (Eng v Scot) on 12:51 - Mar 18 with 1439 viewsbritbiker

Bloody hell. that was some rugby international! (Eng v Scot) on 11:05 - Mar 17 by Ryorry

I got my timings right for once by missing the entire first half as I took my dog for a walk! so didn't see the starting line-up. Came back in only just as things were getting exciting in the second!

Ha ha. I listened to the first half on the radio back from the Ipswich match. I dropped of my passenger as half time was blown and said to him ' Scotland have been disappointing this six nations'.

I switched over to a fotty talk program for tge remaining ten minutes of my journey. By the time I had got home and made cup of tea, Scotland has scorded 3 tries. Couldnt work it out after watching how good the England defence was against Ireland.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024