Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Northern Bypass shenanigans 14:57 - Mar 20 with 1359 viewsGeoffSentence

What do you all think of this fellas

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/ipswich-northern-by-pass-row-1-5918511

I know there are plenty on here who like the idea of a northern bypass but what about the cost, the houses that would be built in its wake, the wasting of the Fynn Valley, let alone the likeliehood that it will make sod all difference to traffic in the town, except when the bridge is shut.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Northern Bypass shenanigans on 15:34 - Mar 20 with 1291 viewsgiant_stow

That article sounds like an argument for building a really big fck off multi-lane road, if building one at all.

Maybe you Ipswich bods should seize the moment and make this an opportunity to turn Ipswich into a much larger town? Perhaps that way, you'll start to matter nationally and even get to become a city?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Northern Bypass shenanigans on 15:37 - Mar 20 with 1283 viewsGeoffSentence

Northern Bypass shenanigans on 15:34 - Mar 20 by giant_stow

That article sounds like an argument for building a really big fck off multi-lane road, if building one at all.

Maybe you Ipswich bods should seize the moment and make this an opportunity to turn Ipswich into a much larger town? Perhaps that way, you'll start to matter nationally and even get to become a city?

The city thing is work in progress, come 2020 we will be there and wont even need 1 cathedral or airport to do so.

What a place.

Northern Bypass shenanigans on 15:38 - Mar 20 with 1279 viewswkj

The northern bypass is about the only saga I can think of that spans longer than brexit

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Northern Bypass shenanigans on 15:39 - Mar 20 with 1275 viewsGeoffSentence

Northern Bypass shenanigans on 15:38 - Mar 20 by wkj

The northern bypass is about the only saga I can think of that spans longer than brexit

snoasis?

Northern Bypass shenanigans on 15:42 - Mar 20 with 1274 viewsitfcjoe

I think investing in the town with the Upper Orwell Crossing was a better idea - Northern bypass in principle would be good but in reality is only needed on the very few ocassions that the bridge is shut

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Northern Bypass shenanigans on 15:43 - Mar 20 with 1266 viewswkj

Northern Bypass shenanigans on 15:39 - Mar 20 by GeoffSentence

snoasis?

INah, more into Snblur

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Northern Bypass shenanigans on 15:51 - Mar 20 with 1247 viewsbaxterbasics

We needed it 15 years ago nevermind now.

As someone living in Kesgrave and often having to choose between going the long way round the A14 or through Ipswich, I can assure you I would definitely be using it more than just when the bridge is closed!

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Northern Bypass shenanigans on 15:58 - Mar 20 with 1224 viewsDubtractor

Northern Bypass shenanigans on 15:51 - Mar 20 by baxterbasics

We needed it 15 years ago nevermind now.

As someone living in Kesgrave and often having to choose between going the long way round the A14 or through Ipswich, I can assure you I would definitely be using it more than just when the bridge is closed!

You're talking about making your life more convenient though, rather than solving a problem.

It would be difficult to justify bulldozing through the Suffolk countryside, at a cost of hundreds of millions of pounds, just to save a bit of time on the road for people in Kesgrave.

The only time there is a genuine problem is when the bridge is closed, so a couple of times a year.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Login to get fewer ads

Northern Bypass shenanigans on 16:05 - Mar 20 with 1200 viewsbaxterbasics

Northern Bypass shenanigans on 15:58 - Mar 20 by Dubtractor

You're talking about making your life more convenient though, rather than solving a problem.

It would be difficult to justify bulldozing through the Suffolk countryside, at a cost of hundreds of millions of pounds, just to save a bit of time on the road for people in Kesgrave.

The only time there is a genuine problem is when the bridge is closed, so a couple of times a year.

It would mean thousands of shorter journeys every week and less congestion. Also could relieve traffic from various Suffolk villages.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Northern Bypass shenanigans on 16:09 - Mar 20 with 1187 viewsPinewoodblue

Northern Bypass shenanigans on 15:42 - Mar 20 by itfcjoe

I think investing in the town with the Upper Orwell Crossing was a better idea - Northern bypass in principle would be good but in reality is only needed on the very few ocassions that the bridge is shut

You need to look further ahead. The new stretch of the A14 north of Cambridge is being built because the A14 Huntingdon by pass is coming to the end of its useful life.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Northern Bypass shenanigans on 16:11 - Mar 20 with 1176 viewsGeoffSentence

Northern Bypass shenanigans on 16:05 - Mar 20 by baxterbasics

It would mean thousands of shorter journeys every week and less congestion. Also could relieve traffic from various Suffolk villages.

It would also bring a lot of new houses and all the car journeys that go with that.

Northern Bypass shenanigans on 16:16 - Mar 20 with 1161 viewsDubtractor

Northern Bypass shenanigans on 16:05 - Mar 20 by baxterbasics

It would, but I'm not convinced that that's enough to justify the impact and cost of the bypass though.

I understand the annoyance when the A14 is fooked as I live just off Felixstowe Road in Ipswich!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:30 - Mar 20 with 1133 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Northern Bypass shenanigans on 15:58 - Mar 20 by Dubtractor

Generally agree however think saying it would only benefit 2 days a year is underselling the benefits somewhat. The Orwell Bridge is often backed up - having a Northern Bypass would undoubtedly help reduce general congestion in and around Ipswich. Presumably it would also come with exits and extra routes into town and the surrounding villages - again which should help ease traffic in town

Personally I’m all for it - although admittedly that’s very much a selfish view as an IP3 resident!
[Post edited 20 Mar 2019 16:33]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:38 - Mar 20 with 1106 viewsDubtractor

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:30 - Mar 20 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Generally agree however think saying it would only benefit 2 days a year is underselling the benefits somewhat. The Orwell Bridge is often backed up - having a Northern Bypass would undoubtedly help reduce general congestion in and around Ipswich. Presumably it would also come with exits and extra routes into town and the surrounding villages - again which should help ease traffic in town

Personally I’m all for it - although admittedly that’s very much a selfish view as an IP3 resident!
[Post edited 20 Mar 2019 16:33]

I'm IP3 also and whilst deliberately underselling the benefits I do fully appreciate that it is a pain much more than twice a year. I'm probably helped by the fact I can walk to work so mainly notice the queues of traffic rather than get stuck in them!

Just not convinced it is enough of a problem to justify the impact.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024