Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2 defeats in our last 9 league games 17:14 - Apr 6 with 5927 viewschristiand

For a team that is languishing at the bottom of the league, that stat alone should show, to those amongst us that are still having doubts, that we can look forward with optimism and hope for better things for next season under PL. Just a pity we couldn't turn a couple of those 1-1 draws into victories, but it's a game of small margins and hand on heart we haven't been good enough to capitalise, but there's plenty to work with in going forwards.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2019 17:22]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

2 defeats in our last 9 league games on 17:16 - Apr 6 with 5151 viewsgrimboy

We know this.
2 defeats in our last 9 league games on 17:20 - Apr 6 with 5086 viewsHerbivore

2 defeats in our last 9 league games on 17:16 - Apr 6 by grimboy

We know this.

Sort your avatar out.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

2 defeats in our last 9 league games on 17:22 - Apr 6 with 5070 viewsgrimboy

2 defeats in our last 9 league games on 17:20 - Apr 6 by Herbivore

Sort your avatar out.

Get stuffed.
It’s my new party I will be voting for.
Sort your out.
2 defeats in our last 9 league games on 17:26 - Apr 6 with 5042 viewsHerbivore

2 defeats in our last 9 league games on 17:22 - Apr 6 by grimboy

Get stuffed.
It’s my new party I will be voting for.
Sort your out.

Why are you supporting a bunch of racist bigots? Sort it out, Grimmers.

2 defeats in our last 9 league games on 17:33 - Apr 6 with 4991 viewsgrimboy

2 defeats in our last 9 league games on 17:26 - Apr 6 by Herbivore

Why are you supporting a bunch of racist bigots? Sort it out, Grimmers.

Because the main two parties are a fraud.
They are not racist f they were they wouldn’t be party.
2 defeats in our last 9 league games on 17:36 - Apr 6 with 4958 viewsHerbivore

2 defeats in our last 9 league games on 17:33 - Apr 6 by grimboy

They are full of racists, Grimmers. They've been flirting with Tommy Robinson ffs. There are plenty of other parties outside the big two that aren't full of racists. Sort it out, pal.

2 defeats in our last 9 league games on 17:40 - Apr 6 with 4930 viewsgrimboy

2 defeats in our last 9 league games on 17:36 - Apr 6 by Herbivore

They are full of racists, Grimmers. They've been flirting with Tommy Robinson ffs. There are plenty of other parties outside the big two that aren't full of racists. Sort it out, pal.

Well if Tommy Robinson was a candidate he wouldn’t get my vote that’s for sure.
Is the Brexit party going to stand in by elections or even the general?
2 defeats in our last 9 league games on 17:44 - Apr 6 with 4884 viewsHerbivore

2 defeats in our last 9 league games on 17:40 - Apr 6 by grimboy

UKIP employed Tommy Robinson as an adviser recently. That's the party you're supporting, Grimmers. You're better than that.

Login to get fewer ads

2 defeats in our last 9 league games on 18:09 - Apr 6 with 4721 viewsHorseboy

Look at the form of a lot of teams low in there respective leagues.

Its generally better than early in the league, nothing different from ours TBH.
2 defeats in our last 9 league games on 18:11 - Apr 6 with 4692 viewsNthsuffolkblue

You have the right to support and vote for who you like but the fact they are a political party does not mean they are not racist. There are racist policies and MPs in several of the political parties. Indeed, there are accusations of racism against most, if not all, of the parties. I would suggest UKIP are far more racist than any other.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

2 defeats in our last 9 league games on 18:19 - Apr 6 with 4629 viewschristiand

2 defeats in our last 9 league games on 18:09 - Apr 6 by Horseboy

Look at the form of a lot of teams low in there respective leagues.

Its generally better than early in the league, nothing different from ours TBH.

Think you’ll find it is. I’d be really surprised if any team in the bottom 3 of the top 4 divisions has a record like that. For a team like us that are a distant 24th to only suffer 2 defeats over that period and amount of games, shows things are happening, slowly but things are happening.

2 defeats in our last 9 league games on 18:24 - Apr 6 with 4585 viewsSwansea_Blue

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

2 defeats in our last 9 league games on 18:55 - Apr 6 with 4485 viewsHorseboy

2 defeats in our last 9 league games on 18:19 - Apr 6 by christiand

Think you’ll find it is. I’d be really surprised if any team in the bottom 3 of the top 4 divisions has a record like that. For a team like us that are a distant 24th to only suffer 2 defeats over that period and amount of games, shows things are happening, slowly but things are happening.

My point are those teams are now out of the bottom 3.

Our record all over this season is woeful.

One look in our league shows rotherham have 12 points in 9 games compaired to our 9. Happy, cause I'm not???
[Post edited 6 Apr 2019 19:01]
2 defeats in our last 9 league games on 19:27 - Apr 6 with 4355 viewschristiand

2 defeats in our last 9 league games on 18:55 - Apr 6 by Horseboy

My point are those teams are now out of the bottom 3.

Our record all over this season is woeful.

One look in our league shows rotherham have 12 points in 9 games compaired to our 9. Happy, cause I'm not???
[Post edited 6 Apr 2019 19:01]

Yes and that's why we are bottom of the league and I agree with your point there, but for those moaning that it's all 'doom and gloom' there is still some hope on the horizon for our future in League One. Recently, we have played better and have been unfortunate in games, but have lacked the quality to capitalise, but with what PL has had at his disposal there does seem to be an element of consistency occurring and for a team that has been so well adrift of its competitors this season, that's impressive. If we'd been able to convert some of those chances in the games we've drawn that record would look even better. We wouldn't be able to escape relegation as we simply haven't been good enough over the whole season, but there's things that indicate to me plenty to be optimistic about. It's looking at the bigger picture and not the immediate one, the damage had been done much earlier!

Last 9 games EFL -
Rotherham United: WLLWLWDDD
Bolton Wanderers: LWLLWLLLW
Ipswich Town: DDDLDDDLW

Last 9 games in the EPL -
Cardiff City: LLWLLLWWL
Fulham: LLLLLLLLL
Huddersfield Town: LLLLLWLLL
[Post edited 6 Apr 2019 19:37]

2 defeats in our last 9 league games on 19:41 - Apr 6 with 4277 viewsHorseboy

2 defeats in our last 9 league games on 19:27 - Apr 6 by christiand

Yes and that's why we are bottom of the league and I agree with your point there, but for those moaning that it's all 'doom and gloom' there is still some hope on the horizon for our future in League One. Recently, we have played better and have been unfortunate in games, but have lacked the quality to capitalise, but with what PL has had at his disposal there does seem to be an element of consistency occurring and for a team that has been so well adrift of its competitors this season, that's impressive. If we'd been able to convert some of those chances in the games we've drawn that record would look even better. We wouldn't be able to escape relegation as we simply haven't been good enough over the whole season, but there's things that indicate to me plenty to be optimistic about. It's looking at the bigger picture and not the immediate one, the damage had been done much earlier!

Last 9 games EFL -

Apples and pears mate. We are no better than Bolton result wise.

Get some of your points, but I just cant get excited for league one next season, look at how hard some relegated sides have found the challenge.
2 defeats in our last 9 league games on 19:47 - Apr 6 with 4261 viewsjas0999

Let’s not make excuses, we didn’t win these games because the squad isn’t good enough. But,it’s promising that PL got them playing and cutout the loses.
2 defeats in our last 9 league games on 19:55 - Apr 6 with 4239 viewschristiand

2 defeats in our last 9 league games on 19:41 - Apr 6 by Horseboy

Get some of your points, but I just cant get excited for league one next season, look at how hard some relegated sides have found the challenge.

Genuinely, I don't think any of us are happy or excited about the prospect of next season, but for all those teams that got relegated from the Championship and struggled there are also those teams that have comeback even stronger and thrived, even in the Premier League. Why can't that be us?

2 defeats in our last 9 league games on 20:24 - Apr 6 with 4182 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

2 defeats in our last 9 league games on 19:27 - Apr 6 by christiand

Last 9 games EFL -

So we’re the same as an awful Bolton side and worse than Rotherham...

Over those 9 games we’re 18th in the form table - it’s an improvement but only 2 points better than the team in 22nd still

Nice win today but far too little too late, unfortunately

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

2 defeats in our last 9 league games on 22:20 - Apr 6 with 3981 viewsDinnernotTea

2 defeats in our last 9 league games on 19:41 - Apr 6 by Horseboy

The relegated teams are 2nd, 3rd & 10th. So none of them have struggled.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

2 defeats in our last 9 league games on 08:03 - Apr 7 with 3779 viewsHerbivore

2 defeats in our last 9 league games on 22:20 - Apr 6 by DinnernotTea

The relegated teams are 2nd, 3rd & 10th. So none of them have struggled.

And last season all three relegated sides came back up. The gap between the Championship and League 1 is growing, any side going down from this league should be promotion contenders the following year.

2 defeats in our last 9 league games on 08:10 - Apr 7 with 3769 viewschristiand

2 defeats in our last 9 league games on 20:24 - Apr 6 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

So we’re the same as an awful Bolton side and worse than Rotherham...

Over those 9 games we’re 18th in the form table - it’s an improvement but only 2 points better than the team in 22nd still

Nice win today but far too little too late, unfortunately

You’re solely looking at the points based on survival. I’m looking at this at a team that has been largely adrift of their rivals all season, with an inferior squad of players and have only lost 2 games in these sequence of games. Also, this is from a team whose destiny is more or less confirmed in League One, but now provening more difficult to beat. Yes, too little too late but they could’ve just capitulated and had a run of form like Fulham until the end of the season and that’s why it’s encouraging heading in to next season.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2019 8:14]

2 defeats in our last 9 league games on 08:17 - Apr 7 with 3741 viewsMullet

2 defeats in our last 9 league games on 08:10 - Apr 7 by christiand

You’re solely looking at the points based on survival. I’m looking at this at a team that has been largely adrift of their rivals all season, with an inferior squad of players and have only lost 2 games in these sequence of games. Also, this is from a team whose destiny is more or less confirmed in League One, but now provening more difficult to beat. Yes, too little too late but they could’ve just capitulated and had a run of form like Fulham until the end of the season and that’s why it’s encouraging heading in to next season.

Having watched a lot of us, and our rivals etc. I don't think it's clear cut at all.

There's been a lot of spin for and from certain sections of the fans. I want Lambert to succeed, I want him to be in 5 years time etc. Yesterday laid bare a lot of stuff though. We have a squad that totally deserves to go down, we have been one of the poorest sides I've seen in nearly two decades at this level, because we've not been a team all season.

To be down there with the Yeovils, Burtons, Rotherhams et al. of this world is degrading and Evans is to blame.

We might have a lot of kids who are talented and capable and we might have a really good season in league 1 terms and even win the thing, but even that isn't good enough I'm afraid.

We're in a mess, and in all likelihood those that were out there next season won't all be here, the depth of the squad will change dramatically and the whole nature of the club with it as we spend every month out of the second tier.

It'd be nice to think that our under 23's side is essentially going to graduate all at once, but League 1 won't give a fcuk about that. If anything they'll be relishing getting in Downes' ear, snapping at Dozzell or Bishop, and pushing Kenlock etc. We are going to be a club with a target on our backs every week.

I've seen nothing to suggest we're ready for that challenge at all. Mainly because there is so much left to happen before the opening game of next season. Lambert is going to have a lot to do, I only hope he's allowed to start the project now.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

2 defeats in our last 9 league games on 08:29 - Apr 7 with 3709 viewsHerbivore

2 defeats in our last 9 league games on 08:10 - Apr 7 by christiand

I wouldn't say our squad of players is clearly inferior to the likes of Bolton, Rotherham, Reading, Wigan and Millwall. I think that's a bit of a cop out to be honest.

2 defeats in our last 9 league games on 08:31 - Apr 7 with 3463 viewsElderGrizzly

2 defeats in our last 9 league games on 17:40 - Apr 6 by grimboy

Draws have killed us this season
[Post edited 7 Apr 2019 8:32]
2 defeats in our last 9 league games on 08:49 - Apr 7 with 3444 viewschristiand

2 defeats in our last 9 league games on 08:17 - Apr 7 by Mullet

Having watched a lot of us, and our rivals etc. I don't think it's clear cut at all.

There's been a lot of spin for and from certain sections of the fans. I want Lambert to succeed, I want him to be in 5 years time etc. Yesterday laid bare a lot of stuff though. We have a squad that totally deserves to go down, we have been one of the poorest sides I've seen in nearly two decades at this level, because we've not been a team all season.

To be down there with the Yeovils, Burtons, Rotherhams et al. of this world is degrading and Evans is to blame.

We might have a lot of kids who are talented and capable and we might have a really good season in league 1 terms and even win the thing, but even that isn't good enough I'm afraid.

We're in a mess, and in all likelihood those that were out there next season won't all be here, the depth of the squad will change dramatically and the whole nature of the club with it as we spend every month out of the second tier.

It'd be nice to think that our under 23's side is essentially going to graduate all at once, but League 1 won't give a fcuk about that. If anything they'll be relishing getting in Downes' ear, snapping at Dozzell or Bishop, and pushing Kenlock etc. We are going to be a club with a target on our backs every week.

I've seen nothing to suggest we're ready for that challenge at all. Mainly because there is so much left to happen before the opening game of next season. Lambert is going to have a lot to do, I only hope he's allowed to start the project now.

Certainly agree with a lot of your sentiments Mullet and the prospect of next season doesn't get me all excited either, but the situation is what it is and the blame does lie firmly at ME's door. However, sometimes taking a step back to take a few steps forwards in making us stronger can be a good thing and I very much believe this will be the case for us. I really don't think it'll take much for us to be very competitive next season, a couple of shrewd signings especially a goalscorer who converts chances is key. Just feel it is that ideal opportunity to reassess and rebuild the club properly from the foundation up because in recent seasons we have just been treading water and papering over the cracks.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2019 8:56]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024