Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More good news for ex-Ipswich players... 08:34 - Apr 2 with 4529 viewsitfcjoe

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/8697277/chelsea-charlie-brown-sancho-man

Although this seems a nothing story - I saw a stat floated about that he has a goal record of scoring every 47 mins in UYL and then this story seems to be written of the back of that.

Guess he'll be out on loan somewhere next year, wouldn't surprise me if that is back this way as we'll sadly be at the right level!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

More good news for ex-Ipswich players... on 08:42 - Apr 2 with 3521 viewsHerbivore

Let him go for peanuts.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

More good news for ex-Ipswich players... on 08:44 - Apr 2 with 3520 viewsStokieBlue

More good news for ex-Ipswich players... on 08:42 - Apr 2 by Herbivore

Let him go for peanuts.

Didn't have much choice did we?

The rules are the issue.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

More good news for ex-Ipswich players... on 08:47 - Apr 2 with 3495 viewsHerbivore

More good news for ex-Ipswich players... on 08:44 - Apr 2 by StokieBlue

The rules are the issue.

SB

Whoosh.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

More good news for ex-Ipswich players... on 08:49 - Apr 2 with 3492 viewsLord_Lucan

The rules are the issue.

SB

Good grief

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

More good news for ex-Ipswich players... on 08:50 - Apr 2 with 3486 viewsElderGrizzly

Would he/they want him to drop as low as L1 given his form this season?
More good news for ex-Ipswich players... on 08:50 - Apr 2 with 3477 viewsKieran_Knows

No doubt a spell at Vitesse Arnhem - which would be a decent move.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

More good news for ex-Ipswich players... on 08:52 - Apr 2 with 3476 viewsitfcjoe

More good news for ex-Ipswich players... on 08:50 - Apr 2 by ElderGrizzly

Would he/they want him to drop as low as L1 given his form this season?

I think L1 or L2 is most likely, know that here or Colchester for geographic reasons would suit.

If you get anywhere and play regular league football and score regularly then it will be a success

More good news for ex-Ipswich players... on 08:53 - Apr 2 with 3455 viewsStokieBlue

More good news for ex-Ipswich players... on 08:49 - Apr 2 by Lord_Lucan

Good grief

It's pre-coffee.

That's my excuse.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

More good news for ex-Ipswich players... on 08:57 - Apr 2 with 3420 viewsLord_Lucan

More good news for ex-Ipswich players... on 08:53 - Apr 2 by StokieBlue

It's pre-coffee.

That's my excuse.

SB

I'm feeling European today, I might have a glass of wine.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

More good news for ex-Ipswich players... on 09:01 - Apr 2 with 3395 viewsSomethingBlue

On a related note how is Zak looking? Every time I look he seems to be well among the goals. Can we hope for something from him here ... or should we fear him getting picked up like his brother?

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

More good news for ex-Ipswich players... on 09:03 - Apr 2 with 3377 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

'Before being spotted by Chelsea...'

Makes it sound like we had no idea how good we were and that only Chelsea realised his talent.

Should really have read 'before being poached by Chelsea...'

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

More good news for ex-Ipswich players... on 09:04 - Apr 2 with 3364 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

More good news for ex-Ipswich players... on 08:42 - Apr 2 by Herbivore

Let him go for peanuts.

Surely they've just squeezed a Charlie Brown cartoon pun in with that one.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

More good news for ex-Ipswich players... on 09:13 - Apr 2 with 3337 viewsitfcjoe

More good news for ex-Ipswich players... on 09:01 - Apr 2 by SomethingBlue

On a related note how is Zak looking? Every time I look he seems to be well among the goals. Can we hope for something from him here ... or should we fear him getting picked up like his brother?

He's quietly looking very good - he had a very long injury in the middle of the season and has managed to basically score a goal a game this season for the u18s.

13(3) appearances and 14 goals.

He is quick as anything, a very smart and strong runner and a very good finisher, but needs to calm down at times as ends up getting into battles (evidenced by a red card in injury time when game was already won a few weeks back).

I don't think club are worried about losing him like Charlie - I think Charlie needed to get away to push himself on, Tristan was the golden boy of his age group and he had Ben Morris and Ben Folami ahead of him who had been given the longer contracts and maybe felt that a move would be better for him.

They seem to be very different characters from what I see, and Zak should push into the 23s next season so dosn't have the same road blocks as Charlie had. The fact he is still here after playing for England U16s means he has chosen to be, because any international call up has every club sniffing around

More good news for ex-Ipswich players... on 09:19 - Apr 2 with 3293 viewsSomethingBlue

More good news for ex-Ipswich players... on 09:13 - Apr 2 by itfcjoe

He's quietly looking very good - he had a very long injury in the middle of the season and has managed to basically score a goal a game this season for the u18s.

He is quick as anything, a very smart and strong runner and a very good finisher, but needs to calm down at times as ends up getting into battles (evidenced by a red card in injury time when game was already won a few weeks back).

I don't think club are worried about losing him like Charlie - I think Charlie needed to get away to push himself on, Tristan was the golden boy of his age group and he had Ben Morris and Ben Folami ahead of him who had been given the longer contracts and maybe felt that a move would be better for him.

They seem to be very different characters from what I see, and Zak should push into the 23s next season so dosn't have the same road blocks as Charlie had. The fact he is still here after playing for England U16s means he has chosen to be, because any international call up has every club sniffing around

Cheers, that's good to hear. Hopefully he can keep it up and become a player here. Would be great to see us develop a striker all the way through to being a first-team regular at last!

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

More good news for ex-Ipswich players... on 09:27 - Apr 2 with 3249 viewschicoazul

More good news for ex-Ipswich players... on 09:13 - Apr 2 by itfcjoe

May I parse this comment? So we basically, selected other players ahead of the young player who is now one of the best young players in England & who left us because other players were deemed as ahead in the queue - is that right? I just need to add this to my Banter Era book if so.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

More good news for ex-Ipswich players... on 09:29 - Apr 2 with 3219 viewsHeathlander

More good news for ex-Ipswich players... on 09:27 - Apr 2 by chicoazul

May I parse this comment? So we basically, selected other players ahead of the young player who is now one of the best young players in England & who left us because other players were deemed as ahead in the queue - is that right? I just need to add this to my Banter Era book if so.

The article does say that he has not be called up for any England squad as yet. That seems strange if he is as good as it says he is. Maybe he got 9 of those goals against Avinna Beggun in the UCL qualifiers.
More good news for ex-Ipswich players... on 09:38 - Apr 2 with 3175 viewsitfcjoe

More good news for ex-Ipswich players... on 09:27 - Apr 2 by chicoazul

The writer of this article has probably never seen him play.

Ben Morris and Tristan Nydam were playing for England at his age group so hardly a surprise they were rated higher.

It's really not one for the banter era, he wanted to go and we couldn't hold onto him and we got a decent fee for him

More good news for ex-Ipswich players... on 09:42 - Apr 2 with 3149 viewschicoazul

More good news for ex-Ipswich players... on 09:38 - Apr 2 by itfcjoe

The writer of this article has probably never seen him play.

Ben Morris and Tristan Nydam were playing for England at his age group so hardly a surprise they were rated higher.

It's really not one for the banter era, he wanted to go and we couldn't hold onto him and we got a decent fee for him

TYB. A fee we spent on Kayden Jackson, I am choosing to believe!

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

More good news for ex-Ipswich players... on 09:59 - Apr 2 with 3064 viewssoupytwist

Described as left footed in the article but the picture of him signing his Chelsea contract shows him holding the pen in his right hand. I bet that wasn't the actual moment he signed it!
More good news for ex-Ipswich players... on 10:05 - Apr 2 with 3021 viewsitfcjoe

More good news for ex-Ipswich players... on 09:59 - Apr 2 by soupytwist

Described as left footed in the article but the picture of him signing his Chelsea contract shows him holding the pen in his right hand. I bet that wasn't the actual moment he signed it!

Plenty of left footed people aren't left handed and vice versa

More good news for ex-Ipswich players... on 10:23 - Apr 2 with 2934 viewsPhilTWTD

More good news for ex-Ipswich players... on 10:05 - Apr 2 by itfcjoe

Cross-lateralism. I'm left-footed and can confirm I also sign my contracts with my right hand.
More good news for ex-Ipswich players... on 10:26 - Apr 2 with 2912 viewsLord_Lucan

Myself and fellow gifted footballer ABB are both left footed and right handed.

More good news for ex-Ipswich players... on 10:26 - Apr 2 with 2905 viewsArnieM

The rules are the issue.

SB

Charlie Brown character ......... Peanut ......

Get it now ? Lol

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

More good news for ex-Ipswich players... on 10:30 - Apr 2 with 2885 viewschicoazul

More good news for ex-Ipswich players... on 10:23 - Apr 2 by PhilTWTD

Cross-lateralism. I'm left-footed and can confirm I also sign my contracts with my right hand.

what hand do you bowl with? Jimmy Anderson bats with his left hand.

More good news for ex-Ipswich players... on 10:31 - Apr 2 with 2881 viewsGuthrum

Quite a lot of people are not as "handed" as might be suggested. With the world being determinedly a right-handed place, a lot of left-handers become quite ambidextrous (or, more correctly, ambisinistrous - tho not in a negative sense).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024