Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer transfer window 16:26 - Apr 3 with 1394 viewsGarv

How many do we think we'll need?

A lot will go out and of course we'll need to replace some of those squad players, but it will be interesting to see how players signed will go straight into the team. On paper we have a side well capable of competing in League one. I think most will agree we will want the likes of Bishop, Judge (please), Nolan, Lankester and probably Edwards, in the side. I can't see Bishop playing every game so this will make things easier in a sense.

I think Lambert has put a lot of pressure on himself to blood the youngsters with everything he's said about them. It could easily be the case that if we don't start well they will find game time hard to come by.

Priorities: RB, CF, RW?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Summer transfer window on 16:28 - Apr 3 with 1387 viewsKieran_Knows

I honestly think we're going to see a massive turnaround in players this summer. Something like 15 out, 10 in. I know its not ideal, but IIRC, I'm sure Lambert has said that may be the (final) time we make that many changes in a summer, and then we only make 2-3 per year going forward.

Priorities for me would be a keeper, right back, left back, winger and a striker.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2019 16:31]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Summer transfer window on 16:37 - Apr 3 with 1351 viewsclive_baker

I honestly don't think we need that much. I think the biggest job Lambert will have is probably moving on 1 or 2 that he doesn't want anymore, but assuming he can do that then he's starting from a pretty decent base.

If we could keep a core of Bart, Chambers, Kenlock, Emmanuel, Nsiala, Woolfenden, Downes, Bishop, Dozzell, Nydam, Huws, Nolan, Lankaster, Sears, Edwards, Judge plus maybe a few more of the promising youths like El Mizouni, Morris etc then we probably only need to add 2 or 3 players of real quality and experience, including a goalscorer.

The big decisions IMO are only really Skuse, Jackson, Harrison and Donacian and I wouldn't be adverse to them all moving on.

If i'm not mistaken the rest are all out of contract anyway: Knudsen, Ward, Adeyemi, Spence, Dawkins, Collins + the 400 loanees we've got.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Summer transfer window on 16:40 - Apr 3 with 1342 viewsitfcjoe

We are going to struggle to shift anyone in contract - so realistically won't be much business done

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Summer transfer window on 16:44 - Apr 3 with 1326 viewsPJH

Summer transfer window on 16:40 - Apr 3 by itfcjoe

We are going to struggle to shift anyone in contract - so realistically won't be much business done

Yes, of those under contract for next season and/or beyond I would only think Rowe, Roberts and perhaps Bart are likely to be off assuming that none of the youngsters are sold.

edit-Donacien also I suppose.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2019 16:47]
Summer transfer window on 16:47 - Apr 3 with 1306 viewsITFC_Forever

We need to spend millions, but reduce STs to £100 per person.

Or at least I think that's what the TWTD perceived wisdom is.....

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Summer transfer window on 16:51 - Apr 3 with 1281 viewsmrshallisfit

Summer transfer window on 16:28 - Apr 3 by Kieran_Knows

I honestly think we're going to see a massive turnaround in players this summer. Something like 15 out, 10 in. I know its not ideal, but IIRC, I'm sure Lambert has said that may be the (final) time we make that many changes in a summer, and then we only make 2-3 per year going forward.

Priorities for me would be a keeper, right back, left back, winger and a striker.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2019 16:31]

You do realise we have been saying this for at least the last 13 or 14 summers.
Summer transfer window on 17:00 - Apr 3 with 1221 viewswkj

Summer transfer window on 16:44 - Apr 3 by PJH

Yes, of those under contract for next season and/or beyond I would only think Rowe, Roberts and perhaps Bart are likely to be off assuming that none of the youngsters are sold.

edit-Donacien also I suppose.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2019 16:47]

Surely Rowe would be a consideration for a place

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Summer transfer window on 17:02 - Apr 3 with 1210 viewsITFC_Forever

Summer transfer window on 17:00 - Apr 3 by wkj

Surely Rowe would be a consideration for a place

You would think so.

Shines in the lower leagues every time he plays there, he should be part of the squad at least next season, either as competition for Edwards or on the other flank.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Login to get fewer ads

Summer transfer window on 17:19 - Apr 3 with 1163 viewsWickets

Summer transfer window on 16:40 - Apr 3 by itfcjoe

I think that's a lot more likely than those thinking there will be wholesale changes !
Summer transfer window on 17:26 - Apr 3 with 1144 viewsGarv

Summer transfer window on 16:37 - Apr 3 by clive_baker

I honestly don't think we need that much. I think the biggest job Lambert will have is probably moving on 1 or 2 that he doesn't want anymore, but assuming he can do that then he's starting from a pretty decent base.

If we could keep a core of Bart, Chambers, Kenlock, Emmanuel, Nsiala, Woolfenden, Downes, Bishop, Dozzell, Nydam, Huws, Nolan, Lankaster, Sears, Edwards, Judge plus maybe a few more of the promising youths like El Mizouni, Morris etc then we probably only need to add 2 or 3 players of real quality and experience, including a goalscorer.

The big decisions IMO are only really Skuse, Jackson, Harrison and Donacian and I wouldn't be adverse to them all moving on.

If i'm not mistaken the rest are all out of contract anyway: Knudsen, Ward, Adeyemi, Spence, Dawkins, Collins + the 400 loanees we've got.

That looks a very lightweight core. The two or three players of real quality and experience you mention, can they be 6ft+ please?

Surprised you'd be happy to see all of Harrison, Jackson and Donaicen move on. We bought Harrison after doing exactly what we need him to do next season, score goals in League One. Jackson is more of a question mark for me and looks well out of his depth at the moment but I'd like to keep him. And if only Lambert can get over his distrust of Donacien we've got a competent full back to use there, IMO.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024