Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If my Name was Marcus Evans 15:44 - Apr 15 with 2210 viewsChurchman75

I was 55 years old......
Had a wealth of nearly 900,000,000 tied up in businesses what would i do?

Would i sell off a company and use those monies towards my real passion?
Do i really need 900,000,000 at my time of life?
What would my children want me to do for the club as they are big supporters?
...or am i really not that bothered as i portray i am and blowing smoke

I would have to put my money where my mouth is or find someone who would.

Poll: Attendance today as its community day and ticket offer..... SAR Upper is full..

If my Name was Marcus Evans on 15:49 - Apr 15 with 2177 viewsSteve_M

Yeah, I would definitely piss it all up the wall on a football club 'cos loads of people on the internet were getting angsty.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

If my Name was Marcus Evans on 15:56 - Apr 15 with 2140 viewsuefacup81

I'd stick with the situation whereby I have £900m today, with a good chance of £900m+ in a few years time, rather than the situation where my £900m would very rapidly turn into £9.

Now bore off.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

If my Name was Marcus Evans on 15:56 - Apr 15 with 2138 viewsWarhurst

Its extremely easy to say you would do X in his position, but it's his empire to do with as he pleases. Should he HAVE to sell of his assests to risk more money into a football club which has cost him so much up to this point?

My gut feeling is that if a buyer came in with a reasonable offer he would take it. However now being in league 1 that seems far less likely.

It's a sh1te situation for all concerened whats happened this season but I do feel some of our fans have gone mad with the vitriol towards Evans. I didn't start watching football until the early 2000's, was there this level of pressure from the fans to have to spend money back in the 90's or is it a new thing?
If my Name was Marcus Evans on 15:56 - Apr 15 with 2141 viewsBobbychase

If my Name was Marcus Evans on 15:49 - Apr 15 by Steve_M

Yeah, I would definitely piss it all up the wall on a football club 'cos loads of people on the internet were getting angsty.

File along with "Maybe Ed Sheeran will buy the club"

Our debt alone would wipe out Sheeran's bank balance

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

If my Name was Marcus Evans on 16:05 - Apr 15 with 2095 viewsGirthyguy

I agree to be honest even 100 million would be nice and not unreasonable considering his idea was to get us to the Premier league because of the riches it brings with it.
If my Name was Marcus Evans on 16:07 - Apr 15 with 2084 viewsuefacup81

If my Name was Marcus Evans on 16:05 - Apr 15 by Girthyguy

I agree to be honest even 100 million would be nice and not unreasonable considering his idea was to get us to the Premier league because of the riches it brings with it.

£100m would last about five minutes, and there'd be no guarantee of it actually having any positive impact.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

If my Name was Marcus Evans on 16:17 - Apr 15 with 2036 viewsJ2BLUE

If you won £200m on Euromillions how much would you give the club? It's so easy to demand someone else spend their money. Would you hand over £100m or would you find yourself helping family/donating to charities/buying your own private island etc?

Football fans are quite odd. To some, a £450 season ticket gives them a say in the private finances of the owner.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

If my Name was Marcus Evans on 16:20 - Apr 15 with 2019 viewsGirthyguy

If my Name was Marcus Evans on 16:07 - Apr 15 by uefacup81

£100m would last about five minutes, and there'd be no guarantee of it actually having any positive impact.

If you spunk it in one go yeah. I agree it doesn't always bring success but it increases your chances significantly and on the flip side like we found out the lack of investment increases your chances of relagation. I think Evans should of pumped more money in as a committed owner he says he is. 1 nineth of his wealth wouldn't be too much to ask really.
Login to get fewer ads

If my Name was Marcus Evans on 16:24 - Apr 15 with 1991 viewsfooters

If my Name was Marcus Evans on 16:20 - Apr 15 by Girthyguy

If you spunk it in one go yeah. I agree it doesn't always bring success but it increases your chances significantly and on the flip side like we found out the lack of investment increases your chances of relagation. I think Evans should of pumped more money in as a committed owner he says he is. 1 nineth of his wealth wouldn't be too much to ask really.

If only our club was as well endowed as you, Girthyguy!

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

If my Name was Marcus Evans on 16:59 - Apr 15 with 1859 viewsfactual_blue

You can make a small fortune by owning a football club......

.....you just have to start with a large fortune.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

If my Name was Marcus Evans on 18:18 - Apr 15 with 1689 viewsGuthrum

Perhaps his real passion is his businesses?

In any case, £900m (or whatever figure happens to be quoted today) is only a notional value. He'd be unlikely to get that much if he put it on the market (especially all at once). Plus it's not that easy to just chop off a piece of the business and sell it. If you float on the stock market, that brings others into the decisionmaking process, which he may not want.

Just because he has not sold up and ploughed everything into the club doesn't mean he's not keen on making it a success. Rather he wants to develop it in a - financially - sustainable fashion, not simply pouring money down the drain (and then getting clobbered for overspending).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

If my Name was Marcus Evans on 18:20 - Apr 15 with 1683 viewshampstead_blue

If I had £900m I wouldn't buy a football club.

It is a licence to burn money. Pointless exercise.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

If my Name was Marcus Evans on 18:32 - Apr 15 with 1648 viewsGuthrum

If my Name was Marcus Evans on 16:05 - Apr 15 by Girthyguy

He's spent £63m net on ITFC already (how much the debt has grown since he bought the club).

Given how few clubs even in the Prem are actually profitable, Evans will be hard pressed to make that back, let alone another £100m on top.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2019 18:34]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

If my Name was Marcus Evans on 18:49 - Apr 15 with 1595 viewscbower

If my Name was Marcus Evans on 16:20 - Apr 15 by Girthyguy

Not sure i fully agree with the lack of investment. ME has invested quite a tidy sum over the years. The problem is, most of it very poorly. Jim was given funds and seemed to collect midfielders. Keane was given a wedge and bought utter dross for the most part. Likewise PJ spunked a whole hill of beans and left us with a squad of mercenaries ( excluding Chambo). Strangely, just when the tap should have been opened a bit at Xmas 2014/15, the valves appeared seized up and the well dry. For a while MM seemed to revel in his team that cost the Mings 10K but ME thought that could be sustained long term and it just can't. Anything Mick sold just didn't seem to be genuinely reinvested and again MM seemed capable of pulling rabbits from the hat with Waggy and Garner and some successful loans. With Hurst there was a change of tack. Money came in but a fair chunk went out too. Again, poorly invested, badly advised with a manager whose arrogance mortally damaged the club. How ME now supports Lambert over the next 12 to 24 months will be vital. I understand the young players talk but some funds to bring in 2 or 3 essential players is a must. If we fail to do this, then ME's strategy will clearly be to accept our position and shpuld rightly be seen as intolerable.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2019 18:54]

bluescouser

If my Name was Marcus Evans on 19:03 - Apr 15 with 1554 viewsGirthyguy

I guess it's just a matter of opinion. Im happy he's kept us afloat. Still feel he under invested in Mick. I still believe as an owner of a football club he could have done more. Mick for all his faults was the best placed manager since Joe Royle to get us up but for some reason Evans bottled it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024