Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How many goals have we scored from set pieces this season? 12:48 - Apr 23 with 1768 viewsIllinoisblue

Must be a record low, surely?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

How many goals have we scored from set pieces this season? on 12:53 - Apr 23 with 1749 viewsTractorCam

I can only think of 2, Chalobah v Villa and Keane v Stoke. Was Chalobah at Swansea also one?

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

How many goals have we scored from set pieces this season? on 12:54 - Apr 23 with 1745 viewsTractorCam

How many goals have we scored from set pieces this season? on 12:53 - Apr 23 by TractorCam

I can only think of 2, Chalobah v Villa and Keane v Stoke. Was Chalobah at Swansea also one?

Oooo and that beautiful Tayo Edun free kick v Blackburn!

How many goals have we scored from set pieces this season? on 12:57 - Apr 23 with 1729 viewsJon_456

How many goals have we scored from set pieces this season? on 12:54 - Apr 23 by TractorCam

Oooo and that beautiful Tayo Edun free kick v Blackburn!

Eduns was a cross from open play wasn’t it?
How many goals have we scored from set pieces this season? on 13:05 - Apr 23 with 1707 viewsTractorCam

How many goals have we scored from set pieces this season? on 12:57 - Apr 23 by Jon_456

Eduns was a cross from open play wasn’t it?

So it was, another one chalked off then

Think the OP is onto something.

How many goals have we scored from set pieces this season? on 13:17 - Apr 23 with 1690 viewsDarth_Koont

Very few. And generally our crossing and resulting chances have been abysmal too.

The delivery has been slow and ponderous but numbers in the box have been a real issue too. I can only really think of Edwards converting any. Which says a lot about his willingness to make a run and get onto the end of something as it's hard to think of many other players who even got a sniff this year.

And sending Chambers up for corners has been a waste of time as he's made ten times more headed clearances than attempts on goal.

Pronouns: He/Him

How many goals have we scored from set pieces this season? on 13:55 - Apr 23 with 1632 viewsKropotkin123

We have scored 7 goals from set pieces. In a set piece league, we would be 20th. I'm not sure about the history of our set piece goals. Apologies.

From open play we have score 21, which is joint 22nd in a league.

Other goals have come from counter attacks 1 (joint 14th), penalties 2 (joint 16th) and own goals 2 (8th - pretty lucky for a team going down, considering how few chances we create compared to other teams).

https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/7/Seasons/7379/Stages/16389/Te
[Post edited 23 Apr 2019 13:56]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

How many goals have we scored from set pieces this season? on 14:27 - Apr 23 with 1578 viewsIllinoisblue

How many goals have we scored from set pieces this season? on 13:17 - Apr 23 by Darth_Koont

Very few. And generally our crossing and resulting chances have been abysmal too.

The delivery has been slow and ponderous but numbers in the box have been a real issue too. I can only really think of Edwards converting any. Which says a lot about his willingness to make a run and get onto the end of something as it's hard to think of many other players who even got a sniff this year.

And sending Chambers up for corners has been a waste of time as he's made ten times more headed clearances than attempts on goal.

yes, the numbers in the box point is a very good one; there's a glaring lack of presence in the box which makes you wonder where our players are. Is it the system we play that causes that, or just general incompetence?

62 - 78 - 81

How many goals have we scored from set pieces this season? on 14:28 - Apr 23 with 1572 viewsIllinoisblue

How many goals have we scored from set pieces this season? on 13:55 - Apr 23 by Kropotkin123

We have scored 7 goals from set pieces. In a set piece league, we would be 20th. I'm not sure about the history of our set piece goals. Apologies.

From open play we have score 21, which is joint 22nd in a league.

Other goals have come from counter attacks 1 (joint 14th), penalties 2 (joint 16th) and own goals 2 (8th - pretty lucky for a team going down, considering how few chances we create compared to other teams).

https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/7/Seasons/7379/Stages/16389/Te
[Post edited 23 Apr 2019 13:56]

7 is actually more than I would have guessed. Just from memory, would have to think under Mick with Murphy, Chambers and Berra getting on the end of crosses/corners, the numbers were much higher.

62 - 78 - 81

Login to get fewer ads

How many goals have we scored from set pieces this season? on 14:34 - Apr 23 with 1543 viewsColin_Viljoen

How many goals have we scored from set pieces this season? on 14:28 - Apr 23 by Illinoisblue

7 is actually more than I would have guessed. Just from memory, would have to think under Mick with Murphy, Chambers and Berra getting on the end of crosses/corners, the numbers were much higher.

I read the Millwall centre half has scored 7 goals this season from set pieces & corners, more than any of our guys
How many goals have we scored from set pieces this season? on 15:25 - Apr 23 with 1457 viewsGarv

'Low' as in the actual numbers, or just 'low' as in depressing? Could be both.

The last kick yesterday summed it up. And that came from Judge.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

How many goals have we scored from set pieces this season? on 16:02 - Apr 23 with 1404 viewscbower

How many goals have we scored from set pieces this season? on 14:27 - Apr 23 by Illinoisblue

yes, the numbers in the box point is a very good one; there's a glaring lack of presence in the box which makes you wonder where our players are. Is it the system we play that causes that, or just general incompetence?

And yet we still get hit on the break over and over again. The mind boggles how this can be?????

bluescouser

How many goals have we scored from set pieces this season? on 16:02 - Apr 23 with 1404 viewsFixed_It

How many goals have we scored from set pieces this season? on 15:25 - Apr 23 by Garv

'Low' as in the actual numbers, or just 'low' as in depressing? Could be both.

The last kick yesterday summed it up. And that came from Judge.

At least he made sure he missed the first man. Just a shame he also missed the last man!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024