Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looks like there has been controversy 18:59 - May 4 with 1586 viewsgainsboroughblue

In the Plymouth Scunny game a la Elland Road last week.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Looks like there has been controversy on 19:07 - May 4 with 1555 viewsWD19

Proper comedy one this. Goalkeeper injured and went to roll the ball out of play. Oppo stopped it going out and scored.

It will relegate Plymouth as things stand. Both teams going down.
Looks like there has been controversy on 19:08 - May 4 with 1543 viewsSitfcB

Looks like there has been controversy on 19:07 - May 4 by WD19

Proper comedy one this. Goalkeeper injured and went to roll the ball out of play. Oppo stopped it going out and scored.

It will relegate Plymouth as things stand. Both teams going down.

Plymouth staying up now as it stands.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Looks like there has been controversy on 19:22 - May 4 with 1498 viewsSteve_M

Imagine if this relegated a team.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Looks like there has been controversy on 19:42 - May 4 with 1399 viewsGeoffSentence

Looks like there has been controversy on 19:22 - May 4 by Steve_M

Imagine if this relegated a team.

I have no problem with this. For consistency and clarity all teams should leave it to the ref to stop play if there's an injury.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Looks like there has been controversy on 19:47 - May 4 with 1368 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Looks like there has been controversy on 19:42 - May 4 by GeoffSentence

I have no problem with this. For consistency and clarity all teams should leave it to the ref to stop play if there's an injury.

I certainly think more context than is shown in the clip is needed. The attacker put the ball out of play when he scored. It seemed a weak attempt at rolling the ball off from the keeper and he then tried to stop the shot. If there was an element of time-wasting about the player going down as well it affects the situation too.

I admire what Bielsa did last week but it must have made it easier that there was nothing riding on the result and, even then, it clearly did not sit well with Pontus Jansson.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Looks like there has been controversy on 19:48 - May 4 with 1359 viewsWD19

Looks like there has been controversy on 19:42 - May 4 by GeoffSentence

I think the fact the injured keeper was on a winning side with an interest in wasting time should be a mitigating factor. If he wanted to put the ball out of play he should have made sure.

Didn’t matter in the end anyway.
Looks like there has been controversy on 05:40 - May 5 with 1102 viewsFifeITFC

Looks like there has been controversy on 19:48 - May 4 by WD19

I think the fact the injured keeper was on a winning side with an interest in wasting time should be a mitigating factor. If he wanted to put the ball out of play he should have made sure.

Didn’t matter in the end anyway.

The Plymouth keeper actually went off injured immediately after this so I hardly think he was time wasting.

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Looks like there has been controversy on 08:34 - May 5 with 968 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Looks like there has been controversy on 05:40 - May 5 by FifeITFC

The Plymouth keeper actually went off injured immediately after this so I hardly think he was time wasting.

Not easy to tell at the time and he did try to save the shot quite athletically.

Maybe they should have let the opposition score but I am more of a mind to applaud it when it does happen than to criticise this instance. In the end it mattered nothing apart from the fact there will be an element of grudge from Plymouth when they meet next season and from now on.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024