Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How I’d line up next season (when Chambers is back) 07:47 - May 17 with 4089 viewsGerkensBeard

New GK (almost certain)

Emmanuel Chambers Toto Kenlock

Nolan Dozzell

Lankester Judge Edwards

Norwood

That’s if the expected signing of Norwood is made, I’d still like a new RB. I’m happy with Kenlock. Dozzell is better deeper playing through balls. Judge and Nolan both technically gifted but seasoned pros who don’t mind putting a tackle in. I could see those 3 working the ball really nicely. I think everyone’s forgot about Lankester, I like him on the right cutting in with Edwards the same on the left (his best position according to Posh fans). Inverted wingers with fullbacks overlapping first time ball into the box, Norwood.... BANG
How I’d line up next season (when Chambers is back) on 07:53 - May 17 with 4042 viewsBluefish

That team would go all season without a clean sheet and regularly concede especially from set pieces

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

How I’d line up next season (when Chambers is back) on 07:55 - May 17 with 4030 viewsMrTown

That team is awful?

The full backs are back up League 1 full backs.

Nolan and Dozzell as anchoring midfielders?

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

How I’d line up next season (when Chambers is back) on 08:14 - May 17 with 3940 viewsbontcho

<<New keeper>>

<<New experienced RB>> Woolfenden Chambers/Nsiala Kenlock

Skuse Nolan

Lankester Judge <<New left winger/striker>>

<<New centre forward, presumably Norwood>>

I'd really like to get Bishop in there, but am not sure of him in a central midfield two.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

How I’d line up next season (when Chambers is back) on 08:18 - May 17 with 3935 viewsGerkensBeard

How I’d line up next season (when Chambers is back) on 07:55 - May 17 by MrTown

That team is awful?

Emmanuel was a top league 1 right back for Rotherham last season.
Nolan has that bite about him, Dozzell playing balls through. I’m confident we will dominate possession against sides next year. Why sacrificed ability in that league for a “proper bloke”
Sounds like you still think like mick mac
How I’d line up next season (when Chambers is back) on 08:33 - May 17 with 3886 viewsBlueBadger

How I’d line up next season (when Chambers is back) on 07:53 - May 17 by Bluefish

That team would go all season without a clean sheet and regularly concede especially from set pieces

I am baffled as to how Nsiala is suddenly a saviour on the strength of the Leeds game, where we conceded two.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

How I’d line up next season (when Chambers is back) on 08:36 - May 17 with 3877 viewsGerkensBeard

How I’d line up next season (when Chambers is back) on 08:33 - May 17 by BlueBadger

I am baffled as to how Nsiala is suddenly a saviour on the strength of the Leeds game, where we conceded two.

You realise the opposition aren’t the same level next year right?
How I’d line up next season (when Chambers is back) on 08:43 - May 17 with 3852 viewsbontcho

How I’d line up next season (when Chambers is back) on 07:55 - May 17 by MrTown

That team is awful?

To be fair, Dozzell plays deep for England but England age groups is rather different to League One. I could see some sense in him playing there with Skuse or another physical midfielder.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

How I’d line up next season (when Chambers is back) on 08:44 - May 17 with 3849 viewsKeaneish

I’d make at least 6 changes: Kenlock, Emmanuel, Toto, Dozzell, Edwards and Lankester.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Login to get fewer ads

How I’d line up next season (when Chambers is back) on 08:54 - May 17 with 3809 viewsGerkensBeard

How I’d line up next season (when Chambers is back) on 08:43 - May 17 by bontcho

To be fair, Dozzell plays deep for England but England age groups is rather different to League One. I could see some sense in him playing there with Skuse or another physical midfielder.

Ideally I’d have us sign a 25-30 year old CDM who is a presence but good on the ball to play in there when needed. But my line up is more attack minded because we struggled to create/score last season. That’s why I think you have to have Nolan as a number 8 arriving in the box from deep and Judge as a number 10.
I’d be more than confident also in Nolan when he has to dig in alongside Dozzell. Aren’t we supposed to be developing our youngsters? And if we can’t develop them a lower level then we never will. He’s the only player besides Lankester in that side that’s under 20. Nolan 26 and Judge 30. I’d never say let’s play all of our youngsters but I see balance and experience within that side. Dozzell will be the best passer in that league.
How I’d line up next season (when Chambers is back) on 08:57 - May 17 with 3796 viewsMrTown

How I’d line up next season (when Chambers is back) on 08:18 - May 17 by GerkensBeard

Emmanuel was a top league 1 right back for Rotherham last season.
Nolan has that bite about him, Dozzell playing balls through. I’m confident we will dominate possession against sides next year. Why sacrificed ability in that league for a “proper bloke”
Sounds like you still think like mick mac

He could have been top Right Back for Real Madrid, I’ve seen him with own eyes. He looked poor in the u23’s game against Birmingham!

It’s great that Nolan has that bite about him, so does Luis Suarez but I wouldn’t play him at holding midfield. Him and Dozzell are forward thinking players and would get crucified by attacking players
of the opposition. And then they’ll be in on one frivolous defence.

How I’d line up next season (when Chambers is back) on 09:05 - May 17 with 3754 viewsGerkensBeard

How I’d line up next season (when Chambers is back) on 08:57 - May 17 by MrTown

He could have been top Right Back for Real Madrid, I’ve seen him with own eyes. He looked poor in the u23’s game against Birmingham!

It’s great that Nolan has that bite about him, so does Luis Suarez but I wouldn’t play him at holding midfield. Him and Dozzell are forward thinking players and would get crucified by attacking players
of the opposition. And then they’ll be in on one frivolous defence.

Both of your attempts to be funny simply weren’t.
Nolan is a number 8. He has said so himself. Or do you seriously think we should play with 2 number 4’s? Dozzell is a deep lying playmaker, Nolan a box to box player full of energy. We’d continue with the same goalscoring record with your way of thinking
How I’d line up next season (when Chambers is back) on 09:10 - May 17 with 3725 viewsHerbivore

Got to be a midfield diamond and two up top next season.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

How I’d line up next season (when Chambers is back) on 09:19 - May 17 with 3685 viewsBlueBadger

How I’d line up next season (when Chambers is back) on 08:36 - May 17 by GerkensBeard

So, Nsiala's going to stop making mistakes, learn to pass the ball and stop lunging in when he doesn't need to because he's going easy on them then?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

How I’d line up next season (when Chambers is back) on 09:20 - May 17 with 3678 viewsGerkensBeard

How I’d line up next season (when Chambers is back) on 09:19 - May 17 by BlueBadger

So, Nsiala's going to stop making mistakes, learn to pass the ball and stop lunging in when he doesn't need to because he's going easy on them then?

Probably not. But the opposition will be nowhere near as clinical
How I’d line up next season (when Chambers is back) on 09:21 - May 17 with 3674 viewsRobTheMonk

MrTown, do you think we'll see much of McGavin in the CDM role? I seem to remember you saying he looked a pretty good prospect.
How I’d line up next season (when Chambers is back) on 10:22 - May 17 with 3561 viewsMrTown

How I’d line up next season (when Chambers is back) on 09:21 - May 17 by RobTheMonk

MrTown, do you think we'll see much of McGavin in the CDM role? I seem to remember you saying he looked a pretty good prospect.

I personally think he’d benefit from a season out on loan but grantees games. He’s a good prospect, v cultured midfielder, will look good in a CDM role and in particular in a 4-2-3-1 imo, but will probably be seen as behind Skuse and Downes at the moment.

V good footballer, think he would benefit massively from a loan spell.

How I’d line up next season (when Chambers is back) on 10:26 - May 17 with 3544 viewsMrTown

How I’d line up next season (when Chambers is back) on 09:05 - May 17 by GerkensBeard

Both of your attempts to be funny simply weren’t.
Nolan is a number 8. He has said so himself. Or do you seriously think we should play with 2 number 4’s? Dozzell is a deep lying playmaker, Nolan a box to box player full of energy. We’d continue with the same goalscoring record with your way of thinking

They weren’t really attempts to be funny, more just using an analogy to show that your points about Emmanuel and Nolan weren’t really valid.

Nolan is an 8 so play him in an 8. Dozzell could well be a 4 with Skuse or Downes alongside him. That back 4 is worryingly poor.

Diamond formation.
Downes
Bishop - Nolan
Judge
Lankester - Norwood

How I’d line up next season (when Chambers is back) on 10:28 - May 17 with 3536 viewsIpswichKnight

How I’d line up next season (when Chambers is back) on 08:36 - May 17 by GerkensBeard

Yes but he can't pass and makes at least 2 horrendous unforced errors per game. We need a centre half who is comfortable on the ball and our current 2 are as far from comfortable on the ball as you can get.
How I’d line up next season (when Chambers is back) on 10:31 - May 17 with 3514 viewsrickw

How I’d line up next season (when Chambers is back) on 07:53 - May 17 by Bluefish

I agree that team is too small - we'd concede every game from set pieces!

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

How I’d line up next season (when Chambers is back) on 10:36 - May 17 with 3496 viewsGuthrum

Downes instead of Dozzell (the latter dropping to the bench). Woolfenden in at CB depending upon how he and the other two compare in training/preseason. Not sure about Edwards on the left (mainly plays on the right whenever I've seen him).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

How I’d line up next season (when Chambers is back) on 10:39 - May 17 with 3481 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Need full-backs first and foremost as we are going to struggle with Emmanuel and Kenlock in the team.
How I’d line up next season (when Chambers is back) on 11:09 - May 17 with 3418 viewsOsborneOneNil

How I’d line up next season (when Chambers is back) on 09:19 - May 17 by BlueBadger

When we are knocking Toto, we have to look at Chambers too. He was awful this year, certainly in the latter part of the season. Poor on the ball, no pace, questionable positioning, can't pass.

Love the guy, cracking fist pump, but we need better.
How I’d line up next season (when Chambers is back) on 11:24 - May 17 with 3392 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Nsiala? Maybe. Chambers has more to learn though.
How I’d line up next season (when Chambers is back) on 11:31 - May 17 with 3378 viewsBiGDonnie

How I’d line up next season (when Chambers is back) on 08:43 - May 17 by bontcho

Skuse isn't a physical midfielder.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024