Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tactical voting options for those who want on Thurs 11:39 - May 20 with 2085 viewsBogblue

https://www.remainvoter.com/
Tactical voting options for those who want on Thurs on 13:14 - May 20 with 1983 viewsBlueBadger

And, in the interests of balance, here's the Blue Passports and No Foreigners Party's manifesto.
https://thebrexitparty.com/?fbclid=IwAR0HNs9ZKkNlyCZ08gy1NQLbftbHBm2v18yw2w03teY

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Tactical voting options for those who want on Thurs on 13:43 - May 20 with 1916 viewsGeoffSentence

As this vote is using proportional representation, why is there a need to vote tactically?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Tactical voting options for those who want on Thurs on 13:52 - May 20 with 1888 viewsCBBlue

Tactical voting options for those who want on Thurs on 13:43 - May 20 by GeoffSentence

As this vote is using proportional representation, why is there a need to vote tactically?

I'm trying to remember how the euro elections work - do we get more than one vote and list in preference?

At the locals the other week I had 3 votes as 3 seats were available, mind you with the wonderful choice of ukip, tory, tory, tory, ind I could only bring myself to use one of those votes.

Poll: School on Monday - are you sending in your R, Y1 or Y6 kids?

Tactical voting options for those who want on Thurs on 14:02 - May 20 with 1860 viewsGuthrum

Tactical voting options for those who want on Thurs on 13:43 - May 20 by GeoffSentence

It's multi-seat PR within each regional constituency. Therefore tactical voting could influence the result if you are looking at the Leave/Remain split.

e.g. within one region the LibDems might have (according to polling) just over the threshold for one seat and the Greens just under. A vote for the LDs would not add an extra seat on the Remain side, whereas one for the Greens could just tip them over, giving two instead of one pro-Remain MEPs and probably depriving pro-Leave parties of a seat in the process.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Tactical voting options for those who want on Thurs on 14:08 - May 20 with 1839 viewsPhilTWTD

Tactical voting options for those who want on Thurs on 14:02 - May 20 by Guthrum

It's multi-seat PR within each regional constituency. Therefore tactical voting could influence the result if you are looking at the Leave/Remain split.

e.g. within one region the LibDems might have (according to polling) just over the threshold for one seat and the Greens just under. A vote for the LDs would not add an extra seat on the Remain side, whereas one for the Greens could just tip them over, giving two instead of one pro-Remain MEPs and probably depriving pro-Leave parties of a seat in the process.

Hence the recommendation to vote Green in Eastern England rather than Lib Dem, which I would imagine would be most people's initial thought as a remain vote.
Tactical voting options for those who want on Thurs on 14:09 - May 20 with 1830 viewsKievthegreat

Tactical voting options for those who want on Thurs on 14:02 - May 20 by Guthrum

Is that "Remainvoter.com" strategy? Surely with such as gambit you run the risk of both falling short of the threshold and getting none? I thoght the preffered strategy was to encourage to vote for just the largest party in each region. Otherwise it feels like trying to play 3D chess while blindfolded.

Interesting to see what "Remainunited.org" release when they give their recommendation tomorrow. Currently saying Lib Dems in England, SNP in Scotland and PC in Wales.

https://www.remainunited.org/be-tactical/
Tactical voting options for those who want on Thurs on 14:10 - May 20 with 1829 viewsKievthegreat

Tactical voting options for those who want on Thurs on 13:14 - May 20 by BlueBadger

And, in the interests of balance, here's the Blue Passports and No Foreigners Party's manifesto.
https://thebrexitparty.com/?fbclid=IwAR0HNs9ZKkNlyCZ08gy1NQLbftbHBm2v18yw2w03teY

No foreign people, the have no such problem with foreign money....
Tactical voting options for those who want on Thurs on 14:33 - May 20 with 1805 viewsflimflam

Surely if more people then voted for Green as in your example then they could gain a seat and the Libs then lose too many votes and do not win a seat.

It is surely a delicate balancing act on numbers which could backfire.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Login to get fewer ads

Tactical voting options for those who want on Thurs on 14:36 - May 20 with 1792 viewsgiant_stow

Tactical voting options for those who want on Thurs on 14:33 - May 20 by flimflam

Surely if more people then voted for Green as in your example then they could gain a seat and the Libs then lose too many votes and do not win a seat.

It is surely a delicate balancing act on numbers which could backfire.

Maybe the end tally of seats doesn't matter as much as the total percentages for each party? I just hope everyone remembers that Labour is a pro brexit party and remainers vote for someone else, not just follow tribal instincts.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Tactical voting options for those who want on Thurs on 14:45 - May 20 with 1759 viewsflimflam

Tactical voting options for those who want on Thurs on 14:36 - May 20 by giant_stow

Maybe the end tally of seats doesn't matter as much as the total percentages for each party? I just hope everyone remembers that Labour is a pro brexit party and remainers vote for someone else, not just follow tribal instincts.

I went through all the regions on that site and it seems the only party losing out was the Tories where Libs, SNP, CHUK or Greens nicked a seat from them.

Did not seem to affect the Brexit Party number of seats.

Tactical voting options for those who want on Thurs on 15:05 - May 20 with 1711 viewsitfcjoe

On my PC that says I should vote for LD, but on my phone it says Green

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Tactical voting options for those who want on Thurs on 15:19 - May 20 with 1688 viewsGeoffSentence

Tactical voting options for those who want on Thurs on 14:08 - May 20 by PhilTWTD

Hence the recommendation to vote Green in Eastern England rather than Lib Dem, which I would imagine would be most people's initial thought as a remain vote.

It was mine, but now may go green.

WHat happens if too many people switch to Green from Lib Dems?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Tactical voting options for those who want on Thurs on 15:38 - May 20 with 1661 viewsflimflam

Tactical voting options for those who want on Thurs on 15:19 - May 20 by GeoffSentence

It was mine, but now may go green.

WHat happens if too many people switch to Green from Lib Dems?

Then Libs could lose a seat and Greens gain one thus not affecting the Brexit supporting parties at all.

Not sure they have thought this through.

Tactical voting options for those who want on Thurs on 17:10 - May 20 with 1586 viewsBogblue

Tactical voting options for those who want on Thurs on 14:08 - May 20 by PhilTWTD

precisely
Tactical voting options for those who want on Thurs on 19:27 - May 20 with 1515 viewsBogblue

Tactical voting options for those who want on Thurs on 15:38 - May 20 by flimflam

Then Libs could lose a seat and Greens gain one thus not affecting the Brexit supporting parties at all.

I suppose that's a risk but as they will constantly update (I believe) then they consider the possible gains outweigh the risk.

It's reassuring that Pickles has downvoted it too!
Tactical voting options for those who want on Thurs on 20:29 - May 20 with 1463 viewsKievthegreat

Tactical voting options for those who want on Thurs on 15:38 - May 20 by flimflam

Or they could both lose the seat if they both fall below the threshold required. It's a risky game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024