Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Name-calling 16:14 - May 28 with 7375 viewsPhilTWTD

Does seem to have been a bit of a rise in the name-calling - and then the resultant abuse reports wasting my time - in recent days. If it could stop it would be appreciated. Obviously those who don't stop won't be welcome on here.
Name-calling on 16:21 - May 28 with 5005 viewschristiand

It's half term Phil, I'm just going to leave that there!!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Name-calling on 16:24 - May 28 with 4979 viewsfooters

Name-calling on 16:21 - May 28 by christiand

Shut it, you massive plum.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Name-calling on 16:25 - May 28 with 4970 viewshomer_123

How else do we address people then Phil?

Sir, Madam, Milord - if we can't use their names?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Name-calling on 16:36 - May 28 with 4933 viewsSitfcB

Whatever, baldy.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Name-calling on 16:37 - May 28 with 4922 viewsMullet

Seems pretty obvious a certain returnee or two has made the place this way, from my own recent skimming and diminished use.

Why people can't use the PM function instead of starting threads with posters names in, is another oddball thing I'll never understand. Can only be because they have one intention.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Name-calling on 16:48 - May 28 with 4835 viewsSitfcB

Name-calling on 16:37 - May 28 by Mullet

Seems pretty obvious a certain returnee or two has made the place this way, from my own recent skimming and diminished use.

Why people can't use the PM function instead of starting threads with posters names in, is another oddball thing I'll never understand. Can only be because they have one intention.

I haven’t seen anything? Must be in the political threads?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Name-calling on 17:22 - May 28 with 4678 viewsblueconscience

Just get rid of the general section of the forum or make a section for Brexit/Politics, then we can choose whether or not to get involved in the two way abuse over the same boring topics.
[Post edited 28 May 2019 17:24]

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Name-calling on 18:12 - May 28 with 4524 viewsPinewoodblue

Name-calling on 16:21 - May 28 by christiand

It may well be childish but don't think it has anything to do with it being half term.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

Name-calling on 18:40 - May 28 with 4455 viewstrueblue1970

Name-calling on 16:37 - May 28 by Mullet

I don’t normally bother to post on here because of certain posters, I just can’t be bothered with them, they are not returnees as you put it they virtually live on here waiting to pounce on people
Name-calling on 18:48 - May 28 with 4429 viewsWD19

Typical snowflake over reaction.

Name-calling on 18:59 - May 28 with 4410 viewsskyblue23

I would just like to point out I was called a name today and didn’t report it, I’m not one of the grasses!

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

Name-calling on 20:26 - May 28 with 4236 viewsBackToRussia

Name-calling on 18:59 - May 28 by skyblue23

I would just like to point out I was called a name today and didn’t report it, I’m not one of the grasses!

Fvcking A. When did it become OK to snitch?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Name-calling on 20:49 - May 28 with 4191 viewsgrimboy

Name-calling on 20:26 - May 28 by BackToRussia

Fvcking A. When did it become OK to snitch?

There are a couple I know of that are board snitches I could name.
But won’t as I don’t want to be banned.
[Post edited 28 May 2019 20:50]
Name-calling on 20:49 - May 28 with 4192 viewscrunchie1978

Everyone is welcome to call me a c##t!
Name-calling on 20:50 - May 28 with 4184 viewsfooters

Name-calling on 20:49 - May 28 by grimboy

Wouldn't snitching on snitches make you a snitch?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Name-calling on 20:59 - May 28 with 4154 viewsGirthyguy

This is definitely aimed at the moose.
Name-calling on 21:04 - May 28 with 4130 viewsSuperblue95

Name-calling on 20:50 - May 28 by footers

Wouldn't snitching on snitches make you a snitch?

Best to just downvote them so to be on the safe side

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Name-calling on 21:37 - May 28 with 4075 viewsSpruceMoose

Name-calling on 20:59 - May 28 by Girthyguy

This is definitely aimed at the moose.

Could be. I've been abusive to people on here. So have plenty of people. So who else could this refer to?

Maybe the one who threatened me with physical violence?
Maybe the one who accused me of lying about the death of my father?
Maybe the one(s) who constantly call me yank and try to suggest I shouldn't have an opinion on UK matters anymore?
Perhaps the ones who called me tw@t for objecting to the odious toads running for the Brexit Party?
Maybe the posters so in love with Tommy Robinson/Farage that they rant and rave and swear at anyone who dares to say a bad word about them?

Could be anyone really. Plenty of people are abusive on here. Some get noticed and criticised more for it than others. Plenty of hypocrites around pretending they're always polite though.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Name-calling on 21:50 - May 28 with 4024 viewsBrixtonBlue

Name-calling on 21:37 - May 28 by SpruceMoose

Could be. I've been abusive to people on here. So have plenty of people. So who else could this refer to?

Maybe the one(s) who constantly call me yank and try to suggest I shouldn't have an opinion on UK matters anymore?
Perhaps the ones who called me tw@t for objecting to the odious toads running for the Brexit Party?
Maybe the posters so in love with Tommy Robinson/Farage that they rant and rave and swear at anyone who dares to say a bad word about them?

Could be anyone really. Plenty of people are abusive on here. Some get noticed and criticised more for it than others. Plenty of hypocrites around pretending they're always polite though.

Those first two really are shocking. Sorry to hear that.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Name-calling on 22:15 - May 28 with 3949 viewsGlasgowBlue

Name-calling on 21:37 - May 28 by SpruceMoose

I didn’t see number 2. Absolutely shameful whoever it was.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Name-calling on 22:18 - May 28 with 3947 viewsSpruceMoose

Name-calling on 22:15 - May 28 by GlasgowBlue

I didn’t see number 2. Absolutely shameful whoever it was.

It was today actually. Didn't bother me too much because it came from someone who doesn't deserve that level of investment to get annoyed at.

Just pointing out that there's all manner of abuses on here lately, and it's not always as straight forward as calling someone a melt.

This board has got pretty toxic lately. Reflection of the country right now I guess.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Name-calling on 23:33 - May 28 with 3810 viewsRyorry

Name-calling on 22:18 - May 28 by SpruceMoose

It was today actually. Didn't bother me too much because it came from someone who doesn't deserve that level of investment to get annoyed at.

Just pointing out that there's all manner of abuses on here lately, and it's not always as straight forward as calling someone a melt.

This board has got pretty toxic lately. Reflection of the country right now I guess.

It's not been exclusively lately, there have been many eras where the board has seen different posters of varying popularity tending to dominate, with some other posters responding/reacting accordingly, and abuses going on that aren't always obvious, as you say.

A bit like the cyclical nature of the standing of many football clubs tho, the TWTD flow's always previously moved on pretty naturally. The difference seems to me that atm we're stuck in a rut with the brexit threads, same as that process itself is, with two totally entrenched sides lined up in adversarial manner, both repeating the same old same old - it's Jets v Sharks & some pretty mindless things are being said & up or down-voted.

Maybe time to shift brexit threads to their own separate sub-forum? I'd add in the possibility of quickly locking threads that start along the lines of "did X get banned?" as they always seem to end up with the same old historic accusations/misrepresentations/arguments etc being reiterated.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Name-calling on 23:34 - May 28 with 3804 viewsHerbivore

Name-calling on 22:18 - May 28 by SpruceMoose

SUQ.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Name-calling on 23:38 - May 28 with 3784 viewsSpruceMoose

Name-calling on 23:34 - May 28 by Herbivore

SUQ.

Love you too

Name-calling on 04:49 - May 29 with 3607 viewsBenters2

Name-calling on 20:49 - May 28 by grimboy

Exactly that mate.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024