Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwood chose us over 4 Championship sides. 19:51 - Jun 10 with 3406 viewsKieran_Knows

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2019/june/james-norwood-on-signing-for-ipswich/

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Norwood chose us over 4 Championship sides. on 19:52 - Jun 10 with 3376 viewsSpruceMoose

Hopefully he has better judgement on the pitch than off it.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Norwood chose us over 4 Championship sides. on 19:55 - Jun 10 with 3309 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

"It’s a massive club and I have seen how the fans get behind the team and I know what that can do for a football club. It was a no-brainer for me really."

.....chalk one up for Blue Action!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Norwood chose us over 4 Championship sides. on 19:58 - Jun 10 with 3244 viewsMullet

Norwood chose us over 4 Championship sides. on 19:55 - Jun 10 by BanksterDebtSlave

"It’s a massive club and I have seen how the fans get behind the team and I know what that can do for a football club. It was a no-brainer for me really."

What tune is that to?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Norwood chose us over 4 Championship sides. on 20:22 - Jun 10 with 3045 viewscatch74

Norwood chose us over 4 Championship sides. on 19:55 - Jun 10 by BanksterDebtSlave

Plus he’s mentioned the facilities.
What is great is that we’re a month ahead with our transfer dealings this season. No leeway or excuses for Lambert but feels good at the moment. Lambert clearly has a silver tongue.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Norwood chose us over 4 Championship sides. on 20:27 - Jun 10 with 3006 viewsRedX

Norwood chose us over 4 Championship sides. on 20:22 - Jun 10 by catch74

Plus he’s mentioned the facilities.
What is great is that we’re a month ahead with our transfer dealings this season. No leeway or excuses for Lambert but feels good at the moment. Lambert clearly has a silver tongue.

Lambert just seems like a decent bloke. He comes across as an approachable ordinary type who players will want to do well for. No need to bluff players. Talk straight to them and if that’s enough great.
Norwood chose us over 4 Championship sides. on 20:30 - Jun 10 with 2969 viewsJ4ck22

It took me ages to realise why this was a big deal... I'm not used to us not being a Championship club!
Norwood chose us over 4 Championship sides. on 20:35 - Jun 10 with 2926 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I suspect the deal to be the main man at League 1 Ipswich with a 3 year contract and promotion clauses and bonuses may well be a better package for a player confident in his ability and with ambition than as a squad player at a Championship club with relegation clauses.

Now to prove he made the right call and fire us back up and do well beyond that too.

I feel he has the potential to be a real hero.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Norwood chose us over 4 Championship sides. on 20:40 - Jun 10 with 2901 viewsJohnny_Boy

You mean Lambert. No?
Login to get fewer ads

Norwood chose us over 4 Championship sides. on 20:43 - Jun 10 with 2881 viewsBloomBlue

He said 3 or 4 he clearly doesnt know which clubs his agent was talking with
Norwood chose us over 4 Championship sides. on 20:45 - Jun 10 with 2850 viewswkj

He did call us a premiership team, but we're league 1... does that mean those 4 clubs are actually league 2 clubs?

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Norwood chose us over 4 Championship sides. on 21:08 - Jun 10 with 2737 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Norwood chose us over 4 Championship sides. on 20:40 - Jun 10 by Johnny_Boy

You mean Lambert. No?

Of course but never underestimate the power of emotional extras which couldn't have failed to impress if he was casting an eye over us at the end of last season.

In fact it's there in his own words!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Norwood chose us over 4 Championship sides. on 21:46 - Jun 10 with 2628 viewsPhilTWTD

I'm told Hull were one of the clubs interested but not difficult to guess which Championship sides we might be battling for the same players, Millwall is another I'd guess, Wigan perhaps, the promoted clubs maybe.

Wages-wise a rise by several times for JN, although that's not really a surprise as he signed his last Tranmere deal when they were in the National League.
Norwood chose us over 4 Championship sides. on 21:50 - Jun 10 with 2594 viewsKieran_Knows

Norwood chose us over 4 Championship sides. on 21:46 - Jun 10 by PhilTWTD

I'm told Hull were one of the clubs interested but not difficult to guess which Championship sides we might be battling for the same players, Millwall is another I'd guess, Wigan perhaps, the promoted clubs maybe.

Wages-wise a rise by several times for JN, although that's not really a surprise as he signed his last Tranmere deal when they were in the National League.

A real coup for us, you would say then?

Norwood chose us over 4 Championship sides. on 22:14 - Jun 10 with 2508 viewsPhilTWTD

Norwood chose us over 4 Championship sides. on 21:50 - Jun 10 by Kieran_Knows

If he's able to repeat last year's form he will be!
Norwood chose us over 4 Championship sides. on 22:17 - Jun 10 with 2484 viewsKieran_Knows

Norwood chose us over 4 Championship sides. on 22:14 - Jun 10 by PhilTWTD

If he's able to repeat last year's form he will be!

Would be nice!

Norwood chose us over 4 Championship sides. on 22:19 - Jun 10 with 2474 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Norwood chose us over 4 Championship sides. on 21:50 - Jun 10 by Kieran_Knows

Again, it surely depends a lot on whether the overall package offered by those clubs was better. I suspect if it had been significantly so, he would not be here.

I do wonder how much he expects to be the main striker here and would have been a squad player in the Championship. If he is ambitious he will want to play.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Norwood chose us over 4 Championship sides. on 22:40 - Jun 10 with 2404 viewsPhilTWTD

Norwood chose us over 4 Championship sides. on 22:19 - Jun 10 by Nthsuffolkblue

Again, it surely depends a lot on whether the overall package offered by those clubs was better. I suspect if it had been significantly so, he would not be here.

I do wonder how much he expects to be the main striker here and would have been a squad player in the Championship. If he is ambitious he will want to play.

From what I gather we out-offered the clubs interested. There are a handful of clubs towards the bottom of the Championship who we're in the same sort of area with budget-wise even after our relegation.
Norwood chose us over 4 Championship sides. on 23:52 - Jun 10 with 2187 viewsbournemouthblue

The suggestion I heard is that we have offered three times what he was on at Tranmere and twice what the Championship sides were prepared to pay him

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Norwood chose us over 4 Championship sides. on 07:21 - Jun 11 with 1966 viewsGeminiblue

He also mentions in his Tranmere interview that he wanted to be closer to parents and family, so coming back down south probably also helped us in his decision making.
Norwood chose us over 4 Championship sides. on 11:11 - Jun 11 with 1645 viewsStadiumofdark

Norwood chose us over 4 Championship sides. on 22:40 - Jun 10 by PhilTWTD

From what I gather we out-offered the clubs interested. There are a handful of clubs towards the bottom of the Championship who we're in the same sort of area with budget-wise even after our relegation.

Phil.... I think Marcus has borrowed your log in....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024