Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Potential trips to Anfield and Old Trafford next season...? 13:05 - Jun 14 with 1619 viewsSitfcB

Would anyone go?

https://www.efl.com/news/2019/june/liverpool-and-manchester-united-u21s-confirme

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Potential trips to Anfield and Old Trafford next season...? on 13:08 - Jun 14 with 1588 viewsJ2BLUE

Don't academy sides play all their games away from home?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Potential trips to Anfield and Old Trafford next season...? on 13:10 - Jun 14 with 1578 viewsBlueyandCrazy

isn't it regionalised until the latter stages, and in the early stages efl teams play at home v u21s, so trips to premier league grounds unlikely?

Poll: Worst ever ITFC manager

Potential trips to Anfield and Old Trafford next season...? on 13:10 - Jun 14 with 1572 viewsSitfcB

Potential trips to Anfield and Old Trafford next season...? on 13:08 - Jun 14 by J2BLUE

Don't academy sides play all their games away from home?

I’m sure Peterborough got a trip to Stamford Bridge last season in the knockout stages.

COYB

Potential trips to Anfield and Old Trafford next season...? on 13:15 - Jun 14 with 1544 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

1,000’s probably, and then they’ll all moan when VVD, Salah and Mane aren’t playing and we put out a weakened team...

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Potential trips to Anfield and Old Trafford next season...? on 13:15 - Jun 14 with 1541 viewsSitfcB

Potential trips to Anfield and Old Trafford next season...? on 13:10 - Jun 14 by BlueyandCrazy

isn't it regionalised until the latter stages, and in the early stages efl teams play at home v u21s, so trips to premier league grounds unlikely?

Potential in the knockouts then

COYB

Potential trips to Anfield and Old Trafford next season...? on 13:16 - Jun 14 with 1528 viewsSitfcB

Potential trips to Anfield and Old Trafford next season...? on 13:10 - Jun 14 by SitfcB

I’m sure Peterborough got a trip to Stamford Bridge last season in the knockout stages.

Yup

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/posh/just-a-fiver-to-watch-pe

COYB

Potential trips to Anfield and Old Trafford next season...? on 13:42 - Jun 14 with 1449 viewsJ2BLUE

Potential trips to Anfield and Old Trafford next season...? on 13:16 - Jun 14 by SitfcB

Yup

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/posh/just-a-fiver-to-watch-pe

I think it would be pretty tin pot if we sold many tickets for that!

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Potential trips to Anfield and Old Trafford next season...? on 13:59 - Jun 14 with 1372 viewsStenvict

Potential trips to Anfield and Old Trafford next season...? on 13:15 - Jun 14 by SitfcB

Potential in the knockouts then

I though it was regionalised until the final

Poll: What will be announced first?

Login to get fewer ads

Potential trips to Anfield and Old Trafford next season...? on 14:03 - Jun 14 with 1351 viewsSitfcB

Potential trips to Anfield and Old Trafford next season...? on 13:59 - Jun 14 by Stenvict

I though it was regionalised until the final

Hmmm.... maybe. Can’t say I’m an expert on it.

*Finds good thread about Checkatrade trophy*

COYB

Potential trips to Anfield and Old Trafford next season...? on 14:04 - Jun 14 with 1345 viewsSitfcB

Potential trips to Anfield and Old Trafford next season...? on 14:03 - Jun 14 by SitfcB

Hmmm.... maybe. Can’t say I’m an expert on it.

*Finds good thread about Checkatrade trophy*

Here we are

Everything you need to know about the Checkatrade Trophy :) by WarkTheWarkITFC 30 Apr 2019 14:48
There will be all 24 teams from League One entering with all 24 teams from League Two, giving a total of 48 sides, split into 16 groups of 4. Within each group there will be a total of three teams from League One or League Two.

The last team in each group is made up of an academy side from one of 16 Premier League and Championship clubs. Last season 12 Premier League clubs entered sides, along with 4 Championship sides, 3 of which were the sides just coming down from the Premier League.

Norwich City did not enter their U21 side last year but I think we can all confidently predict that they will take the opportunity to do so this year.

Each League One or League Two team will play 2 home games, with one coming away. The U21 sides are made to play all their fixtures away.

The draw is split into North and South sections with the emphasis placed on geography for the League One and League Two teams. For example, Group D South contained Exeter City, Bristol Rovers and Yeovil Town - all very close to each other, whilst Group B featured Colchester United, Cambridge United and Southend United.

Looking at how the groups are split, we would likely be given Colchester United and Southend United. I would be very surprised if they put us with the likes of Gillingham or Cambridge United, due to how they currently group the teams together. One of these would be at home, one would be away and we'd have another home game with an Under 21 side.

Fortunately, these are a bit more random and the chances of being drawn with Norwich and the humiliation caused, is reasonably slim. While Crawley, Gillingham and Portsmouth were grouped together they got Tottenham. Meanwhile Southampton were in with Cambridge, Colchester and Southend. Chelsea were given Plymouth, Newport and Swindon. So there appears to only be a 1 in 8 chance of being drawn with that lot and avoiding the humiliation of them having a few thousand fans down to potentially draw with us or beat us.

3 points for a win, 0 points for a loss is standard, but a draw after extra time leads to penalties. The winning team get 2 points, the losing team gets 1. So it's effectively a draw with an extra point to whoever wins the shoot out, as I'm sure you can work out.

After 3 games the top two in each group go through. The bottom two are eliminated. Only 7 of the 16 U21 sides went through to the knockouts. 3 of those 7 went through the 2nd Round. Only 1 of those 3 went through the 3rd Round and they lost in the 4th Round. So the last 8 was made up of 7 League One and League Two sides.

One match in September, one in October and one in November, before the Round 2 in December and Round 3 in January which are split into North and South again. From Round 4 (January) it's a free for all, followed by the Semi Finals and Final. So once in the last 8 you can draw any team regardless of location.

Semi Final's are one legged with a home team drawn. Final is played at Wembley.

Sunderland got 8,000 for their games. Pompey 2,000. Colchester 500.

There we go. Something to look forward to! Cup games with Southend and Colchester, both of whom could still be in our division or both in the one below as things stand.

COYB

Potential trips to Anfield and Old Trafford next season...? on 14:19 - Jun 14 with 1294 viewsPJH

Potential trips to Anfield and Old Trafford next season...? on 13:15 - Jun 14 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

1,000’s probably, and then they’ll all moan when VVD, Salah and Mane aren’t playing and we put out a weakened team...

But you could get a half and half scarf so it would all be worthwhile.
Potential trips to Anfield and Old Trafford next season...? on 14:33 - Jun 14 with 1259 viewsjontysnut

yes - regional groups and north and south semis. Usually first team grounds though unless there are agreed exemptions. My son got drawn against Liverpool in the FA Youth Cup - excited that he'd be playing at Anfield but they play ( or at least played) that game at St Helens rugby league ground. Still decent but not the same.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024