Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If we need a centre back, surely we should be looking at the loan market 20:53 - Jul 22 with 974 viewsMaySixth

as well as giving trials to unfit League 1 and League 2 freebies

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

If we need a centre back, surely we should be looking at the loan market on 21:02 - Jul 22 with 928 viewsIllinoisblue

Spoiler alert: not every possible deal we might do gets reported on

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

If we need a centre back, surely we should be looking at the loan market on 21:05 - Jul 22 with 922 viewsSuperblue95

Any player we sign on loan is more than likely going to be a youngster. We’ve already got 2 of them who will have to play a part this season but we need an experienced head back there too even if just as cover

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

If we need a centre back, surely we should be looking at the loan market on 23:28 - Jul 22 with 754 viewspablovian

If we need a centre back, surely we should be looking at the loan market on 21:02 - Jul 22 by Illinoisblue

Spoiler alert: not every possible deal we might do gets reported on

As short-term fixes motivated by the chance of maintaining Championship status, the loan signings of Carter-Vickers and Pennington were justified and (relatively) successful. The present situation is different. The goal is to achieve promotion with a team that can survive and hopefully prosper in the Championship. Having a key defender leave at the end of a promotion season would be counter-productive.

Related considerations apply to Luke Chambers. He can probably do an adequate job this season, and if necessary next season, in League One; but at age 35 or 36, is unlikely to play a significant role in a side that has regained Championship status.

As manager, after Nsiala returns, I would play two CB's out of three (Chambers, Nsiala and Wolfenden,), phasing in Wolfenden more as the season progresses providing he does well. Although Chambers will not be available for the first game of the season, that is only one game! Unlike last year, we can use tactics that will alleviate pressure on the back four, i.e. by forcing Burton to worry about stopping dangerous strikers and a talented midfield ...
If we need a centre back, surely we should be looking at the loan market on 00:31 - Jul 23 with 710 viewsRyorry

I'm reading your post as being heavily satirical ...

A horrible pointer to the state of things at ITFC if it isn't ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

If we need a centre back, surely we should be looking at the loan market on 07:06 - Jul 23 with 612 viewsChocorange

There's also a loan fee to be paid, a substantial one for any player worth having.

My deceased cat apparently has more cash than we have to spend, so freebies out of corn flake boxes it is then.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024