Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where is Evans? 12:41 - Jul 24 with 2058 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

After relegation, he made a number of statements about how determined he was that we should bounce straight back, and that he would be having more involvement. Where is he now? Was that just to sell more season tickets? Whey has Evans gone quiet?

Poll: would you rather

Where is Evans? on 12:42 - Jul 24 with 2047 viewsGuthrum

See this thread (and the replies):

Evans by ipswichtillidie 24 Jul 2019 9:41
This is where Evans needs to come out and talk! This is my main problem with the guy. He’s our owner, suppose to be our leader yet he sits in the background and says nothing at a time when the club needs some direction. Feel for Lambert tbh. Do hope he gets the players he wants because it’s as clear as day that he is desperately waiting for O’neill & ME to pull their fingers out of their rears.

[Post edited 24 Jul 2019 12:43]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Where is Evans? on 12:43 - Jul 24 with 2039 viewsIllinoisblue

Don’t worry. We’ve got the former sports science guy in charge of football operations now. The only thing left to do is book the open top bus.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Where is Evans? on 12:45 - Jul 24 with 2026 viewsSuperblue95

He’s barely spoken out publicly in the 12 or so years he’s been here. He’s not going to start speaking publicly every time a player wants to leave because some fans are wildly overreacting to it

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Where is Evans? on 12:48 - Jul 24 with 2002 viewsBLUEBEAT

Where is Evans? on 12:43 - Jul 24 by Illinoisblue

Don’t worry. We’ve got the former sports science guy in charge of football operations now. The only thing left to do is book the open top bus.

Am surprised not much has been said about this.

You’d think Evans only appoints yes-men and brown-nosers...

Poll: W or W

Where is Evans? on 12:50 - Jul 24 with 1987 viewsmidastouch

Somewhere In the Bermuda Triangle possibly sorting out his tax return.

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

Where is Evans? on 13:08 - Jul 24 with 1943 viewsBasuco

He hasn't gone quiet, he is always quiet, I would start to worry when he starts to pick the team and dictate tactics.
Where is Evans? on 13:13 - Jul 24 with 1926 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Nowhere did he say he was going to do lots of public interviews.

He probably is more involved, as he suggested he would be.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Where is Evans? on 13:13 - Jul 24 with 1930 viewsJ2BLUE

I genuinely feel like Evans has conned ST holders but i'm sure the apologists will be along soon to tell me i'm wrong.

Watch his interview and then look at the reality of the situation. It's the same old story.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Where is Evans? on 13:44 - Jul 24 with 1868 viewsSuperblue95

Where is Evans? on 13:13 - Jul 24 by J2BLUE

I genuinely feel like Evans has conned ST holders but i'm sure the apologists will be along soon to tell me i'm wrong.

Watch his interview and then look at the reality of the situation. It's the same old story.

It’s easy to con people when so many of them are thick enough to fall for it

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Where is Evans? on 13:47 - Jul 24 with 1862 viewsPositivelyPortman

......and yet, year after year, they fall for the old soft soap.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Where is Evans? on 13:47 - Jul 24 with 1861 viewsDyland

As if anyone bought a season ticket because Evans said he would be more involved.

What Evans needs to do is hire someone to run the fooking club. Someone who really knows about football. Still waiting to see anything to suggest he's learned his lessons.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Ah ignore my first post on 13:49 - Jul 24 with 1852 viewsDyland

There's one div here :)

Guess that could mean there are a couple of hundred of other numpties. I also guess they make up under 5% of the ST base.

X

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Where is Evans? on 14:05 - Jul 24 with 1825 viewsBrixtonBlue

In what way has he conned us? What has he said he'll do that he hasn't? Nothing's happened this summer that's surprised me, not sure what others feel conned about.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Where is Evans? on 14:20 - Jul 24 with 1782 viewsRegencyBlue

He's been conning us for twelve years, no change there!

Next season looks grim already and it's not even started yet. Cue the last minute panic loan signings and 'has been' free transfers no one else wants and its just Groundhog day all over again.

I wish I was surprised but sadly I'm not!
Where is Evans? on 14:30 - Jul 24 with 1748 viewsJ2BLUE

Where is Evans? on 14:05 - Jul 24 by BrixtonBlue

In what way has he conned us? What has he said he'll do that he hasn't? Nothing's happened this summer that's surprised me, not sure what others feel conned about.

I'm not saying I thought he would suddenly throw a load of money at it but he did say we would have a real go. I did expect a few quality frees in the Norwood mould. We've got Holy and Norwood which is good. I expected a few more decent free agents and not to be giving trials to ultra cheap CB options which are probably not good enough for a promotion campaign.

My expectations were modest. Adequate cover and a few decent free agents to really give us a chance. We need a striker and a CB (unless the Birmingham RB rumours are true and we're admitting we can't bring in a CB and we're going to make Donacien fourth choice). We NEED at least those two positions. We've got some extra money from the sell on fees. I'm just a bit disappointed we seem to be gambling our season to save a few extra hundred K. And yes, the window hasn't closed yet but if you can't see the way this is going then you need to look at the last decade again.

I would love us to sign Keane. If it's not him then it will probably be some uninspiring cheap loanee.

Edited: Typos.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2019 14:37]

Truly impaired.

Where is Evans? on 14:36 - Jul 24 with 1720 viewsBrixtonBlue

Where is Evans? on 14:30 - Jul 24 by J2BLUE

I'm not saying I thought he would suddenly throw a load of money at it but he did say we would have a real go. I did expect a few quality frees in the Norwood mould. We've got Holy and Norwood which is good. I expected a few more decent free agents and not to be giving trials to ultra cheap CB options which are probably not good enough for a promotion campaign.

My expectations were modest. Adequate cover and a few decent free agents to really give us a chance. We need a striker and a CB (unless the Birmingham RB rumours are true and we're admitting we can't bring in a CB and we're going to make Donacien fourth choice). We NEED at least those two positions. We've got some extra money from the sell on fees. I'm just a bit disappointed we seem to be gambling our season to save a few extra hundred K. And yes, the window hasn't closed yet but if you can't see the way this is going then you need to look at the last decade again.

I would love us to sign Keane. If it's not him then it will probably be some uninspiring cheap loanee.

Edited: Typos.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2019 14:37]

I get what you're saying but I don't see it as anyone being conned.

Like you say, still plenty of time. And I'd imagine we're waiting on the loan market to get moving.

I doubt the signings we've seen so far are it.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Where is Evans? on 14:38 - Jul 24 with 1712 viewsJ2BLUE

Where is Evans? on 14:36 - Jul 24 by BrixtonBlue

Like you say, still plenty of time. And I'd imagine we're waiting on the loan market to get moving.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not claiming I bought my ST based on what Evans said. Conned might have been the wrong word as I was getting one anyway. Perhaps 'mislead' would be better.

Truly impaired.

Where is Evans? on 14:47 - Jul 24 with 1683 viewsFreddy

He spoke when he needed to sell season tickets
Where is Evans? on 22:30 - Jul 24 with 1471 viewsbraveblue

Where is Evans? on 14:36 - Jul 24 by BrixtonBlue

History does not confirm your view.
Where is Evans? on 23:24 - Jul 24 with 1386 viewsArnieM

“Where is Evans”? Working with O’Neill to sign the players Lambert has requested to be brought into the Club.

Of course he could waste valuable time and set up a press conference if that’s what you really want ?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Where is Evans? on 00:47 - Jul 25 with 1341 viewsSwansea_Blue

He's on his holiday. He's in there if you look closely enough

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Where is Evans? on 08:24 - Jul 25 with 1162 viewsipswichtillidie

Where is Evans? on 00:47 - Jul 25 by Swansea_Blue

He's on his holiday. He's in there if you look closely enough

I found him..... that’s Wally, still looking for Evans ....

Gav

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024