Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Loan Keeper 11:47 - Jul 29 with 3947 viewsDeano69

So let me get this right

We are loaning in a keeper from a Premier League Club, to Play in League 1, so that we can allow our current Number One keeper to go out on loan to a Championship club, for one season?

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Loan Keeper on 11:50 - Jul 29 with 3726 viewscrossyitfc

Bart isn't our current number one..
Loan Keeper on 11:50 - Jul 29 with 3712 viewsBobbychase

To get him off our wage bill because he's clearly going to be number two to Holy, and it's completely daft to have our highest earner sitting on the bench.

Instead we get a very highly rated keeper as back up and Bart's wages are now somebody else's problem

It makes perfect sense.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Loan Keeper on 11:55 - Jul 29 with 3669 viewsHerbivore

I don't understand why anyone is struggling with this to be honest. Bart is our highest earner, it makes sense to get him off the wage bill which we are doing via a loan deal. We need cover whilst he's away on loan so a cheap(ish) loan deal for another keeper makes perfect sense.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Loan Keeper on 11:55 - Jul 29 with 3656 viewsBobbychase

Loan Keeper on 11:55 - Jul 29 by Herbivore

I don't understand why anyone is struggling with this to be honest. Bart is our highest earner, it makes sense to get him off the wage bill which we are doing via a loan deal. We need cover whilst he's away on loan so a cheap(ish) loan deal for another keeper makes perfect sense.

I think, sadly, people are deliberately not understanding it because it doesn't suit their narrative.

All loans - bad.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Loan Keeper on 11:57 - Jul 29 with 3619 viewsWestcountryblue

Norris is an excellent keeper and won't be coming here to sit on the bench.

The logic is rather strange with the squad being short of a quality striker, CB and a RB, but hopefully the terms agreed will be cost effective enough for us to go out and secure quality players in these positions.
Loan Keeper on 12:05 - Jul 29 with 3552 viewsOsborneOneNil

Loan Keeper on 11:57 - Jul 29 by Westcountryblue

Norris is an excellent keeper and won't be coming here to sit on the bench.

The logic is rather strange with the squad being short of a quality striker, CB and a RB, but hopefully the terms agreed will be cost effective enough for us to go out and secure quality players in these positions.

It’s not strange logic, everyone needs/wants 2 top quality keepers.
Loan Keeper on 12:10 - Jul 29 with 3511 viewsWestcountryblue

Loan Keeper on 12:05 - Jul 29 by OsborneOneNil

It’s not strange logic, everyone needs/wants 2 top quality keepers.

Maybe in the Championship.

But I think our need for striker, in particular competition for Norwood and an experienced 3rd centre back is much more pressing. Good money will need to spent in these areas.

The fact that Edwards and Lankester have missed most of preseason leaves us light on the wings, an integral position if we are to play inside forwards with Norwood up top.

I’m delighted with Norris, but I’d have liked to have seen us invest in an area that will genuinely improve our starting 11
Loan Keeper on 12:12 - Jul 29 with 3492 viewsSE1blue

Loan Keeper on 12:10 - Jul 29 by Westcountryblue

But I think our need for striker, in particular competition for Norwood and an experienced 3rd centre back is much more pressing. Good money will need to spent in these areas.

The fact that Edwards and Lankester have missed most of preseason leaves us light on the wings, an integral position if we are to play inside forwards with Norwood up top.

I’m delighted with Norris, but I’d have liked to have seen us invest in an area that will genuinely improve our starting 11

Offloading Bart has probably freed up money for a CB.

He says crossing everything.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Login to get fewer ads

Loan Keeper on 12:21 - Jul 29 with 3428 viewsWestcountryblue

Loan Keeper on 12:12 - Jul 29 by SE1blue

Offloading Bart has probably freed up money for a CB.

He says crossing everything.

Once Chambo returns from suspension, Nsiala, Chambers, Woolfenden and hopefully another CB who will be able to genuinely push those 3 will give us good strength at the back.

Wonder what Tommy Smith is up to these days !
Loan Keeper on 12:23 - Jul 29 with 3406 viewsJackSted

It's not that hard to grasp

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

Loan Keeper on 12:25 - Jul 29 with 3392 viewsSE1blue

Loan Keeper on 12:21 - Jul 29 by Westcountryblue

Once Chambo returns from suspension, Nsiala, Chambers, Woolfenden and hopefully another CB who will be able to genuinely push those 3 will give us good strength at the back.

Wonder what Tommy Smith is up to these days !

Funnily enough, I was thinking the other day that he would rock this league.

Loan Keeper on 12:28 - Jul 29 with 3374 viewsWestcountryblue

Loan Keeper on 12:25 - Jul 29 by SE1blue

Funnily enough, I was thinking the other day that he would rock this league.

Would be a great signing.

Absolutely absurd the way he left. No fee and a best of luck on your gap year kind of feeling to it because it was Colorado Rapids.

A seasoned CB that has played nearly 300 games in one of the best divisions in the world, let go in a deal that probably best illustrates this 'soft touch' ITFC attitude around the club.
Loan Keeper on 12:31 - Jul 29 with 3346 viewsOsborneOneNil

Loan Keeper on 12:10 - Jul 29 by Westcountryblue

Yep, we need all that too, but you can’t go into a promotion challenge with 1.5 goalies.

We are League 1, not Conference.

Bart going will free up funds for the other spots too.
Loan Keeper on 12:33 - Jul 29 with 3327 viewsSE1blue

Loan Keeper on 12:28 - Jul 29 by Westcountryblue

Would be a great signing.

Absolutely absurd the way he left. No fee and a best of luck on your gap year kind of feeling to it because it was Colorado Rapids.

A seasoned CB that has played nearly 300 games in one of the best divisions in the world, let go in a deal that probably best illustrates this 'soft touch' ITFC attitude around the club.

Good analogy with the gap year.

Complete guesswork but that kind of move suggests he completely wanted out and had possibly become disillusioned with events at PR.

Was disappointed as he was one of my favourite players and a regular on my anytime goalscorer bets.

Loan Keeper on 12:39 - Jul 29 with 3273 viewschristiand

Herbivore, you more than most, know you can't come on here and write a sensible post with all the hysteria of a new season just round the corner and then expect some logical responses!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Loan Keeper on 16:17 - Jul 29 with 3009 viewsFifeITFC

Genuine question: are Millwall picking up 100% of Bart's wages or are we still part paying some of it?

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Loan Keeper on 16:19 - Jul 29 with 2995 viewsMrTown

oh dear dear. Smh.

The will to live just goes out of you reading through TWTD from time to time.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Loan Keeper on 16:20 - Jul 29 with 2985 viewsSuperfrans

The thing I don't fully understand is why, when he failed his medical, we didn't take any fee that Millwall offered at the time. We would have got his wages off the bill, plus got some extra cash.

Unless, he has since looked to be so shot in training since then that PL has decided we need to get him out of the club - or we think that he can get a bigger fee for him next summer, after he has built his confidence back up again.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Loan Keeper on 16:26 - Jul 29 with 2944 viewsHerbivore

Loan Keeper on 16:20 - Jul 29 by Superfrans

The thing I don't fully understand is why, when he failed his medical, we didn't take any fee that Millwall offered at the time. We would have got his wages off the bill, plus got some extra cash.

Unless, he has since looked to be so shot in training since then that PL has decided we need to get him out of the club - or we think that he can get a bigger fee for him next summer, after he has built his confidence back up again.

Lambert and ME have made it clear they won't sell players for below market value and I'm sure as fans we wouldn't want that either. I'm glad we didn't juts flog him for peanuts personally, and now he's off our wage bill anyway but he's still a Town player that can be sold or used in a year's time when we all hope we'll be back in the Championship.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Loan Keeper on 16:28 - Jul 29 with 2936 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

It's 1999 all over again.

That illogical time when we let Danny Sonner, a midfielder go, just to bloody replace him with Jim Magilton, also a midfielder.

Madness.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Loan Keeper on 18:46 - Jul 29 with 2687 viewsWickets

And if by any chance we get promoted we can get him back or if he has a great season for Millwall they will be under pressure to buy him . We are winners all round !
Loan Keeper on 20:08 - Jul 29 with 2522 viewsVaughan8

Loan Keeper on 11:55 - Jul 29 by Bobbychase

I think, sadly, people are deliberately not understanding it because it doesn't suit their narrative.

All loans - bad.

Does make me laugh when people say "we don't want loans". Really it should add on the end "who are no better than we already have".

Some loan signings are brilliant!

I can't believe the OP cannot understand the situation but maybe they don't.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2019 20:08]
Loan Keeper on 11:24 - Jul 30 with 2168 viewsLeoMuff

Loan Keeper on 20:08 - Jul 29 by Vaughan8

Does make me laugh when people say "we don't want loans". Really it should add on the end "who are no better than we already have".

Some loan signings are brilliant!

I can't believe the OP cannot understand the situation but maybe they don't.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2019 20:08]

There are loans and loans, presumably we want less JordanGraham and more Martijn Rueser.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Loan Keeper on 11:50 - Jul 30 with 2105 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Loan Keeper on 16:17 - Jul 29 by FifeITFC

Genuine question: are Millwall picking up 100% of Bart's wages or are we still part paying some of it?

I'd say there is no way we agree to it unless they pick up all the wages.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Loan Keeper on 15:41 - Jul 30 with 1952 viewsDeano69

Loan Keeper on 18:46 - Jul 29 by Wickets

And if by any chance we get promoted we can get him back or if he has a great season for Millwall they will be under pressure to buy him . We are winners all round !

Do you really think he will ever play for us again?

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024