Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match day tickets 07:44 - Aug 1 with 1257 viewsReusersgreasymop

99% of home matches I attended are an ‘off the cuff’ decision as I am not always 100% certain when I will be visiting family at home. ( I could decide to go to football 25 minutes before kick off )
I’m sure I am not the only fan in this situation. Shame that the club will be loosing more supporters in a season where we could do with all the support on offer. Really poor decision.
point of order on 07:48 - Aug 1 with 1230 viewsPendejo

You will still be able to make a spur of the moment decision to roll up and pay cash on the day, just not at a turnstile.

“For a number of reasons we have switched from cash turnstiles to using the Matchday Ticket Office for purchases on the day,” Town’s head of ticketing, Donna Powell, told the club site.

This type of arrangement has been in place at some grounds for over 30 years.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Match day tickets on 07:49 - Aug 1 with 1228 viewsTractorCam

Well you just go and get a ticket from the ticket office (1 minute walk from stadium) rather than the turnstile. Am i missing something, what's the problem?

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

point of order on 07:50 - Aug 1 with 1210 viewsHerbivore

point of order on 07:48 - Aug 1 by Pendejo

You will still be able to make a spur of the moment decision to roll up and pay cash on the day, just not at a turnstile.

“For a number of reasons we have switched from cash turnstiles to using the Matchday Ticket Office for purchases on the day,” Town’s head of ticketing, Donna Powell, told the club site.

This type of arrangement has been in place at some grounds for over 30 years.

Indeed. I went to watch AFC Wimbledon at Chesterfield a few years ago, we arrived 5 mins before kick off and were directed to a ticket office before then going into the stadium. It's hardly uncommon and hardly a big deal but some of our fans don't seem able to handle change.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Match day tickets on 07:52 - Aug 1 with 1203 viewstractorboy1978

Match day tickets on 07:49 - Aug 1 by TractorCam

Well you just go and get a ticket from the ticket office (1 minute walk from stadium) rather than the turnstile. Am i missing something, what's the problem?

You are being a bit disingenuous there insinuating it is a 1 minute process. If you want a ticket in the South stand then that is probably anything between a 10-20 minute process by the time you've got there, queued and got back.
Match day tickets on 07:59 - Aug 1 with 1168 viewsHerbivore

Match day tickets on 07:52 - Aug 1 by tractorboy1978

You are being a bit disingenuous there insinuating it is a 1 minute process. If you want a ticket in the South stand then that is probably anything between a 10-20 minute process by the time you've got there, queued and got back.

People really do love to whinge about the most minor inconveniences.

Match day tickets on 08:00 - Aug 1 with 1165 viewsDubai_Blue

Or you could buy it online before you travel
Match day tickets on 08:07 - Aug 1 with 1132 viewsPendejo

Ticket office is on PR in Cobbold, next to SAR isn't it?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Match day tickets on 08:08 - Aug 1 with 1125 viewstractorboy1978

Match day tickets on 08:07 - Aug 1 by Pendejo

Constantine Road.
Login to get fewer ads

Match day tickets on 08:11 - Aug 1 with 1115 viewsernie

Match day tickets on 08:00 - Aug 1 by Dubai_Blue

Or you could buy it online before you travel

the club doesn't even have the facility for you to scan your e-ticket from your phone, you would have to mess around finding a printer, print off your ticket and then go down
Match day tickets on 08:14 - Aug 1 with 1104 viewschristiand

You can still attend after making 'an off the cuff' decision to go, you might have to walk a little further around the ground to get your tickets. I can't see this really being an issue.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2019 8:50]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Match day tickets on 08:17 - Aug 1 with 1082 viewsReuser_is_God

You can still get a ticket on match day? You just buy it from the ticket office rather than the turnstile.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Match day tickets on 08:17 - Aug 1 with 1078 viewsHerbivore

Match day tickets on 08:11 - Aug 1 by ernie

the club doesn't even have the facility for you to scan your e-ticket from your phone, you would have to mess around finding a printer, print off your ticket and then go down

Then arrive 10 minutes earlier to the ground to buy one. I'm not sure why this is such a big issue.

Match day tickets on 08:37 - Aug 1 with 1022 viewsSitfcB

Match day tickets on 08:07 - Aug 1 by Pendejo

That’s going to be the away ticket office from now on.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Match day tickets on 08:38 - Aug 1 with 1016 viewsSuperfrans

If there are 1% of fans who turn up and buy tickets on the day, I'd be surprised. This change in strategy is all about changing customers' behaviour to reduce cost, which means minimal income impact in the long term.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Match day tickets on 08:43 - Aug 1 with 1009 viewsWD19

Match day tickets on 08:17 - Aug 1 by Herbivore

Then arrive 10 minutes earlier to the ground to buy one. I'm not sure why this is such a big issue.

As an experiment the club should let a programme seller on PR sell tickets for cash and see what ppl find more convenient....that or Constantine road*

*conveniently overlooking the fact he would likely get mugged.
Match day tickets on 08:45 - Aug 1 with 999 viewsSitfcB

Match day tickets on 08:17 - Aug 1 by Reuser_is_God

You can still get a ticket on match day? You just buy it from the ticket office rather than the turnstile.

Which means they’ll probably take card as we, which is easier.

COYB

Match day tickets on 08:47 - Aug 1 with 988 viewspoppiesman

Not uncommon and even some non league clubs do it.
Kings Lynn are one club where you have to buy a ticket from ticket office before entering the turnstiles.
Match day tickets on 08:52 - Aug 1 with 969 viewsartsbossbeard

Looks like you and maybe 2 others will simply have to go to the club shop.

You know, the one at the stadium.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Match day tickets on 08:56 - Aug 1 with 958 viewsSitfcB

Match day tickets on 08:52 - Aug 1 by artsbossbeard

Looks like you and maybe 2 others will simply have to go to the club shop.

You know, the one at the stadium.

Not on a Saturday

COYB

Match day tickets on 09:00 - Aug 1 with 949 viewsartsbossbeard

Match day tickets on 08:56 - Aug 1 by SitfcB

Not on a Saturday

Pedant!

Ticket office.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Match day tickets on 09:05 - Aug 1 with 926 viewsitfcjoe

Match day tickets on 08:38 - Aug 1 by Superfrans

If there are 1% of fans who turn up and buy tickets on the day, I'd be surprised. This change in strategy is all about changing customers' behaviour to reduce cost, which means minimal income impact in the long term.

Most businesses would usually offer something in return rather than just cut a service....

No more cash turnstiles - but we will open up a turnstile on each stand to accept card payments

No more turnstile sales - but you can now scan e-tickets on our new app at the gate so no need to queue anywhere

As always, we just make it more difficult with no benefit on the other side to help change the behaviours for the better

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Match day tickets on 09:21 - Aug 1 with 873 viewsfactual_blue

Match day tickets on 08:56 - Aug 1 by SitfcB

Not on a Saturday

Unless you are from Braintree.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Match day tickets on 10:18 - Aug 1 with 814 views05Jchamb

I’ve been cash on the day since they stopped upping the prices but it’s not really any skin off my nose to go back to buying in advance.

However, whilst this on its own is not a huge deal, just like the £1.75 on its own isn’t a huge deal and the rubbish catering isn’t a huge deal, all the little cr@p decisions that make supporting town slightly worse or harder do add up and will put some people off.

I understand when revenue takes a nose dive a business has to look at lots of marginal reductions because the big cost saving measures have usually already been taken. However it does feel like the club continually seems to shoot itself in the foot to save peanuts. It’s not just been happening since relegation either - for example the over 60 tickets PR masterclass.

Even all of the above would have been a bit more palatable if the club had just been up front and said we’re doing this because we’re skint and if we go back up we’ll look to improve once we can afford it again. It’s obvious this is why it’s happening now but being open tends to buy you a lot of slack.

There are plenty of clubs in the pyramid far poorer than us that manage to avoid stupid things to annoy the fans. There are also plenty of clubs who have issues far worse than we do and when you look at Bury & Bolton ME isn’t so bad and I do believe he wants what is best for the club. That’s what makes things like this so frustrating is that they are issues that can be resolved with better planning or clearer more honest communication with the fans.

Back on topic. The club MUST make sure people aren’t queuing for hours with the new setup or the will genuinely lose last minute support. Then again, maybe the club has decided this is a price worth paying to push those who do come towards print at home tickets. If so, fine but be open about it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024