Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SCMP limits, anybody got any idea how much wiggle room we have left? 10:56 - Jul 26 with 1218 viewsmidastouch

So here we are adjusting to life in League One. As I understand it we have to work within the parameters of life in League One as SCMP limits spending on player wages to a percentage of club Turnover. Because we're not privy to the exact wage bill of our existing player squad following the cuts (and according to big-mouth Mick they have all been cut significantly as a result of our relegation) we can only guess / speculate how close we are to the limit already. If we're at the limit somebody at the club should come out and say so as that would explain a lot. However, surely Paul Lambert would have been told and know if we are already totally maxed out against the SCMP limits. So the fact he's asking for additions suggests we can't be up to the limits as things stand. Therefore, one can only presume Evans is continuing to try and do things on the cheap.
Anybody got any ideas how much wiggle room we might have left against the parameters of SCMP?

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

SCMP limits, anybody got any idea how much wiggle room we have left? on 10:58 - Jul 26 with 1198 viewssparks

Noone has any idea at this point - save those with access to the finance department of the club.

Given we make a yearly loss and the limit is 75% of turnover, there is unlikely to be much room even with departures.

Whilst there are rules that ease things for relegated clubs, we cannot sign up players on contracts which would put us in difficulty next season so its not as simple as just using those rules.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

SCMP limits, anybody got any idea how much wiggle room we have left? on 11:01 - Jul 26 with 1182 viewsmidastouch

SCMP limits, anybody got any idea how much wiggle room we have left? on 10:58 - Jul 26 by sparks

Noone has any idea at this point - save those with access to the finance department of the club.

Given we make a yearly loss and the limit is 75% of turnover, there is unlikely to be much room even with departures.

Whilst there are rules that ease things for relegated clubs, we cannot sign up players on contracts which would put us in difficulty next season so its not as simple as just using those rules.

Thanks Sparks. I'm trying to make a rough assessment of how much help Lambert can realistically expect in the current climate. That's helpful cheers. What a minefield hey!

SCMP limits, anybody got any idea how much wiggle room we have left? on 14:12 - Aug 6 with 1078 viewsmidastouch

SCMP limits, anybody got any idea how much wiggle room we have left? on 11:01 - Jul 26 by midastouch

Thanks Sparks. I'm trying to make a rough assessment of how much help Lambert can realistically expect in the current climate. That's helpful cheers. What a minefield hey!

Some further light has been shed on this subject in the EADT, please see here:
https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/salary-cost-management-protocol-guide-1-6200132

Didn't know this, as copied from the above EADT link:
"There's relief with young players' contracts, too, with any player under the age of 20 at the start of the season not counting towards the SCMP calculations. That means Flynn Downes, Andre Dozzell, Jack Lankester, Luke Woolfenden and Idris El Mizouni's contracts are not a factor."

SCMP limits, anybody got any idea how much wiggle room we have left? on 14:52 - Aug 6 with 1042 viewsTrequartista

All players under 20 and several over such as Cole Skuse don't count this season.

I've found an interesting football article in the Ipswich Star by Trequartista 6 Aug 2019 10:40
I'm not joking, I really have.

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/salary-cost-management-protocol-guide-1-6200132

I didn't realise that so many players weren't included in the wage calculations for this season, but will be included next season.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

SCMP limits, anybody got any idea how much wiggle room we have left? on 16:21 - Aug 6 with 982 viewsPhilTWTD

There's plenty of wriggle room and given the sums which have come in unexpectedly recently it would be a big surprise if we're close to the limit. Further to that, ME can, if he chooses, just throw money in as long as it's termed a donation rather than a loan.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/blogs/21782/

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/appendix-5---financi
SCMP limits, anybody got any idea how much wiggle room we have left? on 16:46 - Aug 6 with 934 viewswkj

SCMP limits, anybody got any idea how much wiggle room we have left? on 16:21 - Aug 6 by PhilTWTD

There's plenty of wriggle room and given the sums which have come in unexpectedly recently it would be a big surprise if we're close to the limit. Further to that, ME can, if he chooses, just throw money in as long as it's termed a donation rather than a loan.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/blogs/21782/

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/appendix-5---financi

Man, now we know this, we can really pelt Evans.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

SCMP limits, anybody got any idea how much wiggle room we have left? on 17:01 - Aug 6 with 915 viewsmidastouch

SCMP limits, anybody got any idea how much wiggle room we have left? on 16:46 - Aug 6 by wkj

Man, now we know this, we can really pelt Evans.

Not sure if Evans likes donations as unsure if he qualifies for Gift Aid! :-)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024