Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Incoming: with just under a month to go... 21:52 - Aug 6 with 2513 viewspointofblue

Which three players (within budget restraints) would you like to see us bring in?

For me:
Nathan Thompson - Right Back on a free transfer, last club: Portsmouth
Stephen Hendrie - Left Back on a free transfer, last club: Southend
Josh Magennis - Striker on a free transfer, due to leave Bolton

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Incoming: with just under a month to go... on 22:19 - Aug 6 with 2412 viewsBLUEBEAT

RB Ben Marshall still a free agent

Poll: W or W

Incoming: with just under a month to go... on 22:20 - Aug 6 with 2405 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I've no idea to be honest. Haven't heard of most of the free agents. That's not to say there aren't some useful players there.

Has James Collins retired? Would maybe give him a contract until Jan.

If we were spending, I'd go for Rob Dickie from Oxford... but we won't be paying fees.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Incoming: with just under a month to go... on 22:20 - Aug 6 with 2398 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Incoming: with just under a month to go... on 22:19 - Aug 6 by BLUEBEAT

RB Ben Marshall still a free agent

Would be a great signing.

Really can't see it happening at all.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Incoming: with just under a month to go... on 22:29 - Aug 6 with 2373 viewspointofblue

Incoming: with just under a month to go... on 22:20 - Aug 6 by Marshalls_Mullet

Would be a great signing.

Really can't see it happening at all.

I wouldn't be surprised if a Championship club offers Ben Marshall a contract. To be fair, I don't think Nathan Thompson will happen either for that very reason.

Incoming: with just under a month to go... on 22:36 - Aug 6 with 2336 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Incoming: with just under a month to go... on 22:29 - Aug 6 by pointofblue

I wouldn't be surprised if a Championship club offers Ben Marshall a contract. To be fair, I don't think Nathan Thompson will happen either for that very reason.

I reckon Ben Marshall will end up back in the north west with a Champ club.

Incoming: with just under a month to go... on 22:48 - Aug 6 with 2299 viewspointofblue

Incoming: with just under a month to go... on 22:36 - Aug 6 by Marshalls_Mullet

I reckon Ben Marshall will end up back in the north west with a Champ club.

Or to Yorkshire at least; maybe at Barnsley.

Incoming: with just under a month to go... on 22:52 - Aug 6 with 2290 viewsITFCBlues

Incoming: with just under a month to go... on 22:29 - Aug 6 by pointofblue

Not sure why Thompson hasn't been snapped up yet.

It's just so painfully quiet at present

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Incoming: with just under a month to go... on 23:42 - Aug 6 with 2223 viewspointofblue

Incoming: with just under a month to go... on 22:52 - Aug 6 by ITFCBlues

I can only imagine he's playing a couple of clubs off each other? Unless he's carrying an underlying injury of some kind.

Login to get fewer ads

Incoming: with just under a month to go... on 07:40 - Aug 7 with 1980 viewsGuthrum

Incoming: with just under a month to go... on 22:20 - Aug 6 by Marshalls_Mullet

I've no idea to be honest. Haven't heard of most of the free agents. That's not to say there aren't some useful players there.

Has James Collins retired? Would maybe give him a contract until Jan.

If we were spending, I'd go for Rob Dickie from Oxford... but we won't be paying fees.

Same problem we've had for years. Most of those available on a free are not worth it, getting to the end of their careers or injury prone. Those who are not cost money, often quite a lot of it.

I think we were extremely fortunate to attract and hire Norwood when we did. He is our real nugget signing for the season.

This is also why the loan system has burgeoned in the lower divisions. It's the only source of quality players who would otherwise not be available at all, except perhaps for eyewatering sums of money.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Incoming: with just under a month to go... on 07:46 - Aug 7 with 1949 viewsGuthrum

Incoming: with just under a month to go... on 23:42 - Aug 6 by pointofblue

I can only imagine he's playing a couple of clubs off each other? Unless he's carrying an underlying injury of some kind.

That is yet another problem with this transfer window system. If a player just happens to be injured between May and August, or in January, that scuppers any real possibility of a move.

Incoming: with just under a month to go... on 07:52 - Aug 7 with 1931 viewsMetal_Hacker

Incoming: with just under a month to go... on 07:46 - Aug 7 by Guthrum

That is yet another problem with this transfer window system. If a player just happens to be injured between May and August, or in January, that scuppers any real possibility of a move.

Honestly can't see anything happening transfer wise now this late in the week.

I believe we're ok all over the pitch even up front to be fair but the defense bloody worries me if anyone gets injured , not to mention the full back issue that has been apparent for seasons now

Poll: If it were one or the other

Incoming: with just under a month to go... on 08:01 - Aug 7 with 1883 viewsOsborneOneNil

Incoming: with just under a month to go... on 07:52 - Aug 7 by Metal_Hacker

I believe we're ok all over the pitch even up front to be fair but the defense bloody worries me if anyone gets injured , not to mention the full back issue that has been apparent for seasons now

It’s a funny one, the defence being an issue. We’ve conceded just 1 goal in the last 4 games. Tidy.

If we could only have one new addition, I’d go for another front man.
Incoming: with just under a month to go... on 08:33 - Aug 7 with 1792 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I think with 5-6 full backs on the books we won't be signing any more.

Also think that Kenlock is good enough for L1 as are Donacien and Emmanuel. Could do with another CB.

Incoming: with just under a month to go... on 09:27 - Aug 7 with 1687 viewsGuthrum

It's more about what happens after the Prem/Champ window closes. There'll be those thwarted in their ambition to sign for clubs in the latter and surplus squad members going out on loan.

Incoming: with just under a month to go... on 10:00 - Aug 7 with 1627 viewsgosblue

Barry Fry to ME:
‘Are you coming over in a couple of weeks?’
ME: ‘can do Baz, how about lunch?’
BF: ‘Lunch is on me if you’ll take Bassong off us on a free.’
ME: i’f you throw in a nice bottle you’ve got a deal.’

What’s not to like? 33 year old has-been (good in his day) with no recent game time.
Incoming: with just under a month to go... on 10:39 - Aug 7 with 1572 viewsEdmundo

Incoming: with just under a month to go... on 22:52 - Aug 6 by ITFCBlues

It is quiet, but bear in mind Premiership squads were only finalised 4 days ago, not that we're in the market for any Prem players. But maybe an emerging talent could come our way, and if a Champ club gets a good loan from one of the big 6 clubs, that may make another of their squad players surplus to requirements. Unfortunately we're a long way down the pecking order for any quality loans like Fraser, Lawrence etc we had in the past.
Fingers crossed Lambert is using his German connections - I feel we need a European talent to make this season special.

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024