Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Animal rebellion protest 18:41 - Aug 16 with 1215 viewsStokieBlue

I can't see this ending well.

"A new group calling itself Animal Rebellion says it has almost 2,000 volunteers signed up to take part in a two-week blockade of the central London market from 7 October."

A protest is obviously fine but I'm not sure the traders are going to take too kindly to one that lasts 2 weeks regardless of the valid points they may be making.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/aug/16/animal-rebellion-extinction-

My concern is that it could end up being counter-productive. I think people are getting the message, it's anecdotal of course but people are moving to a more mixed diet which is the stepping stone to where many people want to get to. Trying to force people to transition to a plant diet overnight isn't going to work and is likely to backfire in my opinion. People are getting the message though but need to be given time to alter their diets - it will happen though if given some time, space and the relevant information.

SB
[Post edited 16 Aug 2019 19:02]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Animal rebellion protest on 19:00 - Aug 16 with 1136 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Factory produced Quorn mince is definitely more sustainable/right on than getting some sustainably sourced fish from a local fishing boat!

Edit....in fact these yuppies cheese me off so much I'm now off with my bow and arrow to get me a tree sapling munching deer!
[Post edited 16 Aug 2019 19:03]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Animal rebellion protest on 19:03 - Aug 16 with 1113 viewsJ2BLUE

This will probably go over big with the already converted but will just irritate everyone else.

Edit: I see they are a mix of animal rights and environmental activists.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2019 19:06]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Animal rebellion protest on 19:06 - Aug 16 with 1099 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

And of course people have the right not to adopt a plant based diet.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Animal rebellion protest on 19:07 - Aug 16 with 1093 viewsJ2BLUE

Animal rebellion protest on 19:06 - Aug 16 by Marshalls_Mullet

And of course people have the right not to adopt a plant based diet.

No, have the right to force this on you because they know best. Like all such groups

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Animal rebellion protest on 19:09 - Aug 16 with 1089 viewsSteve_M

The timing in October is dreadful too, we're heading for a full scale political crisis that will decimate British farming unless there is a major change of direction.

And, yes, I think the message on sustainability is getting through to people.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Animal rebellion protest on 19:12 - Aug 16 with 1082 viewsDyland

No one is trying to force anything overnight Stokers. It's only a message or a narrative when it's "extreme". Imo this isn't extreme at all, or enough.

Disclaimer: I'm an omnivore

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Animal rebellion protest on 07:07 - Aug 17 with 859 viewsBigManBlue

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024