Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where is Dobra? 22:06 - Aug 19 with 2186 viewsITFC_9_96

Dobra scored on his debut and was the best player on the pitch for us at Luton, why has he not even featured on the substitute bench for the game against Peterborough and seemingly won't be tomorrow either?

If he can play then he can play, and would much rather we gave minutes to youths who are up for it than temporary loanees from other clubs...
Where is Dobra? on 22:10 - Aug 19 with 2155 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Maybe PL doesnt feel he was the right option for an away game.

He may not have play v Luton if El Miz was fit.

El Miz came back into the squad for Pboro.

I dont see a major issue. And its not as if the loanees play in his position.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Where is Dobra? on 22:16 - Aug 19 with 2115 viewsITFC_9_96

Where is Dobra? on 22:10 - Aug 19 by Marshalls_Mullet

Maybe PL doesnt feel he was the right option for an away game.

He may not have play v Luton if El Miz was fit.

El Miz came back into the squad for Pboro.

I dont see a major issue. And its not as if the loanees play in his position.

Luton was an away game and he played, tomorrow is a home game and based on the news post he isn't even in the squad again

Some reward for his performance against Luton? How are youths meant to break into the squad when something like that happens?
Where is Dobra? on 22:20 - Aug 19 with 2073 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Where is Dobra? on 22:16 - Aug 19 by ITFC_9_96

Luton was an away game and he played, tomorrow is a home game and based on the news post he isn't even in the squad again

Some reward for his performance against Luton? How are youths meant to break into the squad when something like that happens?

Luton was a nothing match in which PL treated largely as a reserve fixture.

I dont think there is an issue here. PL is likely introducing Dobra to the first team scene as and when.

In terms of youth getting a chance..... our team on Sat included Woolfenden, Kenlock, and Downes, with El Miz coming off the bench. Young Dozzell was also on the bench, and Lankester would be in the first team if he wasnt injured, as would Bish.

I really dont think we can point to a lack of a pathway to first team football.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Where is Dobra? on 22:20 - Aug 19 with 2076 viewsNthsuffolkblue

He was the best player (according to the fans) in a completely changed team that couldn't live with the opposition. It is a bit like having a good game for the under 23s. One good reserve game doesn't mean you should be displacing those in the first team.

I am sure he will get a chance in and around the squad at some point this season, probably when we get a few injuries and suspensions but possibly if he has a run of very good games for the reserves and PL decides to give someone a rest.

As a matter of interest, which temporary loanee would you rather he was in the squad ahead of?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Where is Dobra? on 22:26 - Aug 19 with 2030 viewsxrayspecs

Dunno.

But if PL thought he was fit/deserved to be there, then he would be.

Some folk are really trying to find problems that do not exist.
Where is Dobra? on 22:40 - Aug 19 with 1963 viewsmidastouch

I think it would be a positive move for Lambert to put Dobra on the bench. For whatever reason Lambert doesn't think he's ready quite yet so have to go with his judgement but what I've seen of this lad so far makes me think he's a prime example of "if you're good enough, you're old enough." As has been pointed out above, nobody can deny Lambert isn't giving youth a chance but based on what I've seen of Dobra he's arguably got claims to be ahead of at least one or two of the other younger players in the pecking order. Not a bad problem to have though is it! ;-)
[Post edited 19 Aug 2019 22:46]

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

Where is Dobra? on 22:41 - Aug 19 with 1954 viewsstrikalite

I don't quite understand either, the lad has real talent, sometimes you need to put faith in a kid who has the ability to come on and change the game with no fear, I'm not talking about starting him obviously, but it used to be if you're good enough you're old enough, plenty of young klds out their doing their stuff of a similar age...
Where is Dobra? on 22:43 - Aug 19 with 1932 viewsITFC_9_96

Where is Dobra? on 22:20 - Aug 19 by Nthsuffolkblue

He was the best player (according to the fans) in a completely changed team that couldn't live with the opposition. It is a bit like having a good game for the under 23s. One good reserve game doesn't mean you should be displacing those in the first team.

I am sure he will get a chance in and around the squad at some point this season, probably when we get a few injuries and suspensions but possibly if he has a run of very good games for the reserves and PL decides to give someone a rest.

As a matter of interest, which temporary loanee would you rather he was in the squad ahead of?

He isn't going to displace anyone in the first team straight away, but he was pretty comfortably the best player in a team that featured Huws, Judge, Dozzell, and Edwards on the night... it was hardly an under 23s game either considering we were the underdogs and Luton were not fielding a weak team

The loanee part was not in reference to Dobra specifically
Login to get fewer ads

Where is Dobra? on 22:44 - Aug 19 with 1923 viewsxrayspecs

Where is Dobra? on 22:41 - Aug 19 by strikalite

I don't quite understand either, the lad has real talent, sometimes you need to put faith in a kid who has the ability to come on and change the game with no fear, I'm not talking about starting him obviously, but it used to be if you're good enough you're old enough, plenty of young klds out their doing their stuff of a similar age...

He had a good game at Luton. It was a reserve team game. Give him time to develop away form the spotlight so that when he is ready to seriously challenge for the first team, he can do so.
Where is Dobra? on 22:50 - Aug 19 with 1892 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Where is Dobra? on 22:43 - Aug 19 by ITFC_9_96

He isn't going to displace anyone in the first team straight away, but he was pretty comfortably the best player in a team that featured Huws, Judge, Dozzell, and Edwards on the night... it was hardly an under 23s game either considering we were the underdogs and Luton were not fielding a weak team

The loanee part was not in reference to Dobra specifically

"The loanee part was not in reference to Dobra specifically" and yet was specifically referenced within the OP about him.

But OK, lets turn it around. Which of our own youngsters would you rather see in the team ahead of our 3 loanees?

Norris - Wright or Przybek?
Garbutt - I am not sure I even know the name of the next youngster who is fit and available in his position.
Georgiou - may well be competing with Garbutt but if he is an improvement on Kenlock and he plays as a LB, you would rather Kenlock played even if Georgiou is significantly better and earns us an extra 10-15 points over the season?

I get that we want to progress our own players but we also want to be competitive. Using loans wisely is part of that.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Where is Dobra? on 07:53 - Aug 20 with 1498 viewsGuthrum

You can't always tell a lot from a brilliant debut. Adrenaline levels and keenness to shine will be higher than a routine fixture at Rotherham on a Tuesday night in January.

Plus he won't even turn 19 until the last weeks of the season.

Finally, if we're going to win promotion, we have to field the best players we have at the club at that time, no room for sentiment.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Where is Dobra? on 07:56 - Aug 20 with 1482 viewsKeaneish

He'll get his chances throughout the season. Tomorrow night isn't one and there's no way high profile Peterborough would be one. Patience. It's a long season...

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Where is Dobra? on 07:58 - Aug 20 with 1476 viewsHerbivore

He's got talent but then El Mizouni has also looked good when he's come on this season and perhaps there's not room for both of them on the bench just now. It's a long season and Dobra will get his chances, there's no need to be so impatient.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Where is Dobra? on 08:42 - Aug 20 with 1360 viewsfranz_tyson

There’s a few young players from the past who’ve done OK in the League Cup, who’ve never pushed on. As I see it, Dobra might have to nudge past Dozzell or El Mizouni to get on the bench. There is a bit of competition in midfield where Judge and Huws are also on the bench. Nolan likely to be soon. With El Mizouni coming on Saturday, you feel he might have pushed himself ahead of Dozzell in the pecking order.
Not sure why there’s any discussion about youngsters not getting a chance ... Kenlock, Woolfenden, Downes, El Mizouni on Saturday. It’s a long hard season where we’ll play more than 50 games... if he’s good enough, Dobra will get his chance. Pity he’s not a full-back.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024