Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
3-5-2 21:45 - Aug 19 with 3403 viewsIpswich24

I would like to see us go with 3-5-2 now we appear to have wing backs who can get up and down, think we have the players plus Doncien and Kenlock need to be dropped. can then get Skuse as the sweeper and get Downes and Huws together in midfield. Can then get Judge/Rowe in their favored position. What do we all think?

GK- Holy
CB- Chambers
CB Skuse
CB Woolfenden
RWB Vincent-Young
LWB Georgiou
CM Downes
CM Huws
AM Rowe
CF Norwood
CF Jackson

Subs
Norris
Judge
Dozzell
El Mizoni
Wilson
Edwards
Roberts

Poll: Who would you like to be manager out of these?

3-5-2 on 21:47 - Aug 19 with 2747 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Agree.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

3-5-2 on 21:48 - Aug 19 with 2745 viewsStokieBlue

You've based an entirely formation around two wing-backs you've not seen, one of whom isn't universally accepted as a wing back I believe?

You've dropped Skuse, arguably our best player thus far this season.

You've played Rowe as a central midfielder when he's a winger and never played there for us I believe and you've left Judge on the bench when that's his apparent best position.

Why do we need to change everything given we've started reasonably with a depleted squad against other promotion contenders?

SB
[Post edited 19 Aug 2019 21:49]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

3-5-2 on 21:48 - Aug 19 with 2738 viewsHerbivore

Nope.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

3-5-2 on 21:49 - Aug 19 with 2738 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

3-5-2 on 21:48 - Aug 19 by StokieBlue

You've based an entirely formation around two wing-backs you've not seen, one of whom isn't universally accepted as a wing back I believe?

You've played Rowe as a central midfielder when he's a winger and never played there for us I believe and you've left Judge on the bench when that's his apparent best position.

Why do we need to change everything given we've started reasonably with a depleted squad against other promotion contenders?

SB

He hasnt dropped skuse.

Chill out bro, he just made a suggestion.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

3-5-2 on 21:50 - Aug 19 with 2730 viewsStokieBlue

3-5-2 on 21:49 - Aug 19 by Marshalls_Mullet

He hasnt dropped skuse.

True - I didn't even notice him in defence because removing him from CM given how he has played was just odd.

SB

3-5-2 on 21:51 - Aug 19 with 2720 viewsStokieBlue

3-5-2 on 21:49 - Aug 19 by Marshalls_Mullet

He hasnt dropped skuse.

<Doubled>

SB
[Post edited 19 Aug 2019 21:51]

3-5-2 on 21:51 - Aug 19 with 2717 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

3-5-2 on 21:50 - Aug 19 by StokieBlue

True - I didn't even notice him in defence because removing him from CM given how he has played was just odd.

SB

He has also been suited at CB in a three on occasions.

Not saying I agree with his personnel, but I do like 3-5-2, and think it could work for us.

3-5-2 on 22:00 - Aug 19 with 2661 viewsHerbivore

3-5-2 on 21:51 - Aug 19 by Marshalls_Mullet

He has also been suited at CB in a three on occasions.

Not saying I agree with his personnel, but I do like 3-5-2, and think it could work for us.

Has he ever even played a full competitive game at CB? I don't think it's the system for this squad.

Login to get fewer ads

3-5-2 on 22:01 - Aug 19 with 2656 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

3-5-2 on 22:00 - Aug 19 by Herbivore

Has he ever even played a full competitive game at CB? I don't think it's the system for this squad.

Not sure he has, but when he has played there he has played very well.

It wasnt my suggestion, I am just saying I can see where the OP was coming from.

...and I like 3-5-2.

Happy to agree to differ.

3-5-2 on 22:07 - Aug 19 with 2643 viewsHerbivore

3-5-2 on 22:01 - Aug 19 by Marshalls_Mullet

Not sure he has, but when he has played there he has played very well.

It wasnt my suggestion, I am just saying I can see where the OP was coming from.

...and I like 3-5-2.

Happy to agree to differ.

I think he played there once for part of a competitive game and then once for part of a preseason game. That's scant evidence of him being a CB really. Why move him out of position when he's started the season well? I don't get the obsession with 3-5-2, it seems to be based on us using it well 20 years ago.

3-5-2 on 22:08 - Aug 19 with 2634 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

3-5-2 on 22:07 - Aug 19 by Herbivore

I think he played there once for part of a competitive game and then once for part of a preseason game. That's scant evidence of him being a CB really. Why move him out of position when he's started the season well? I don't get the obsession with 3-5-2, it seems to be based on us using it well 20 years ago.

Agree to differ bro.

Dont have a heart attack.

3-5-2 on 22:10 - Aug 19 with 2632 viewsPJH

3-5-2 on 22:00 - Aug 19 by Herbivore

Yes, and very well at Sheffield United last season.

(I assume we are talking about Skuse).
3-5-2 on 22:14 - Aug 19 with 2616 viewsHerbivore

3-5-2 on 22:08 - Aug 19 by Marshalls_Mullet

Agree to differ bro.

Dont have a heart attack.

How patronising.

3-5-2 on 22:15 - Aug 19 with 2610 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

3-5-2 on 22:14 - Aug 19 by Herbivore

How patronising.

If you say so dear.

3-5-2 on 22:19 - Aug 19 with 2599 viewsHerbivore

3-5-2 on 22:10 - Aug 19 by PJH

Yes, and very well at Sheffield United last season.

(I assume we are talking about Skuse).

He didn't start there from memory, he moved back there during the game. And we were played off the park that day. I'm not sure that one occasion is reason to shift him to CB.

3-5-2 on 22:22 - Aug 19 with 2591 viewsTractorJack

3-5-2 on 22:07 - Aug 19 by Herbivore

It's bizarre. I beg anyone calling for it to go back and watch the first halves of Brentford and Reading at home and Sheff United away, all absolutely awful.

At least we don't get constant suggestions to play 4-4-2 anymore.
3-5-2 on 22:24 - Aug 19 with 2576 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

3-5-2 on 22:22 - Aug 19 by TractorJack

It's bizarre. I beg anyone calling for it to go back and watch the first halves of Brentford and Reading at home and Sheff United away, all absolutely awful.

At least we don't get constant suggestions to play 4-4-2 anymore.

We are no longer in the Championship playing against that calibre of team.

3-5-2 on 22:27 - Aug 19 with 2565 viewsHerbivore

3-5-2 on 22:24 - Aug 19 by Marshalls_Mullet

We are no longer in the Championship playing against that calibre of team.

But they were some of our worst performances last season, so why utilise that formation now?

3-5-2 on 22:31 - Aug 19 with 2550 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

3-5-2 on 22:27 - Aug 19 by Herbivore

But they were some of our worst performances last season, so why utilise that formation now?

Because we are in a different league, in a different position, with some different personnel.

I am not saying we have to use it, I am just saying I wouldnt be against it.

Thats OK.

3-5-2 on 00:33 - Aug 20 with 2462 viewslmfcblue

not enough pace in Chambers and Skuse for 3 at the back
3-5-2 on 07:10 - Aug 20 with 2341 viewsBlueBadger

We don't have enough full-backs or fit centre halves to play that system. Or, if there's any injuries, enough centre forward, either.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

3-5-2 on 07:25 - Aug 20 with 2309 viewsPJH

3-5-2 on 22:19 - Aug 19 by Herbivore

He didn't start there from memory, he moved back there during the game. And we were played off the park that day. I'm not sure that one occasion is reason to shift him to CB.

He did start there.

I remember thinking after a minute or two that Skuse was playing very deep and then realised that he was supposed to be.
He had Chambers one side of him and Nsiala the other with Bree and Kenlock playing as wingbacks, it was a genuine 3-5-2 from the start.
3-5-2 on 07:32 - Aug 20 with 2294 viewsHerbivore

3-5-2 on 07:25 - Aug 20 by PJH

He did start there.

I remember thinking after a minute or two that Skuse was playing very deep and then realised that he was supposed to be.
He had Chambers one side of him and Nsiala the other with Bree and Kenlock playing as wingbacks, it was a genuine 3-5-2 from the start.

And we got overrun. I thought he moved back there from the base of the diamond after Keane came off for Chalobah early in the game. I don't remember him starting there. Either way, it didn't exactly work.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2019 7:34]

3-5-2 on 08:26 - Aug 20 with 2226 viewsPJH

3-5-2 on 07:32 - Aug 20 by Herbivore

And we got overrun. I thought he moved back there from the base of the diamond after Keane came off for Chalobah early in the game. I don't remember him starting there. Either way, it didn't exactly work.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2019 7:34]

I did not say that it worked necessarily, I just said that Skuse personally played very well there-which he did.
3-5-2 on 08:43 - Aug 20 with 2190 views44_not_out

3-5-2 on 21:48 - Aug 19 by StokieBlue

SB

His mum has banned him from FIFA for the rest of the school holidays.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024