Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fascinating. Chatting to a Leeds fan about Ipswich.. 17:50 - Aug 23 with 2297 viewshatch

Just got to Leeds for the cricket and in a pub near the station with a local who says because he can’t get away tickets he often goes to U23 games. Said he was planning on going today to the Town v Leeds game until it got moved from Monday to Friday.

I asked him about last season game at Ipswich when Leeds fans were desperate for tickets. He set up an Ipswich account in January registered to his mate’s address in Nottingham. He sporadically bought tickets on a bank card with a non-Leeds billing address for random cheap Ipswich games (lucky to find them). He then had access to tickets for the last game by which point they couldn’t go up so he didn’t bother buying any. Bizarre.

As much as everyone hates Leeds you can’t knock their commitment to watching their team. He also went to Australia this summer for the friendlies.
Fascinating. Chatting to a Leeds fan about Ipswich.. on 18:11 - Aug 23 with 2129 viewsElephantintheRoom

Very daring of you expecting what passes as test cricket nowadays going to a third day at headingley

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Fascinating. Chatting to a Leeds fan about Ipswich.. on 21:47 - Aug 23 with 1560 viewsbritbiker

Funny that is exactually what happened to the leeds fan who sat next to me last game.

I bought a ticket for a Leeds fan who also gets me a ticket for the elland road game. He eventually got a ticket in the leeds end so passed it on to his mate. He had bought tickets to three town games prior to the season ending game. He had his whole family down for the weekend thinking it would be their promotion parade. He was a good bloke and didnt wear colours s per my request. Reckoned the whole thing had cost him over a grand. Then we play a blinder to beat them. Cant knock their commitment to their club.
Fascinating. Chatting to a Leeds fan about Ipswich.. on 21:56 - Aug 23 with 1517 viewsFtnfwest

But he didn't watch his team at Ipswich in the end. Although Australia was no problem in comparison admittedly
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024