Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Slightly disappointed we didn't bring in a striker on loan 18:53 - Sep 2 with 1289 viewspointofblue

Just to cover off the injuries to Sears and Lankester until the New Year. I'm not sure what's happening with Folami and Morris at the moment but we seem light in that department otherwise - only three strikers, one exceptionally injury prone, whilst playing two up top.

A very good window otherwise, covering areas where we really did need support. Vincent-Young looks like an excellent prospect and Norwood has the character and attitude we've needed for a while. Wilson provides depth at centre back, Garbutt started well before he picked up an injury, Georgiou looks promising on the left and Holy... I do have doubts about how he deals with crossing but Norris seems a more than able deputy.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Slightly disappointed we didn't bring in a striker on loan on 18:54 - Sep 2 with 1277 viewsfooters

Are you forgetting we've got Keane to come back too? Seems enough up front, tbh.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2019 18:55]

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Slightly disappointed we didn't bring in a striker on loan on 18:56 - Sep 2 with 1263 viewswkj

Another striker would be overkill surely, with Keane and Sears working on their return to fitness and players who can cover as strikers in an emergency, we'll be fine I reckon.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Slightly disappointed we didn't bring in a striker on loan on 19:12 - Sep 2 with 1201 viewspointofblue

Slightly disappointed we didn't bring in a striker on loan on 18:54 - Sep 2 by footers

Are you forgetting we've got Keane to come back too? Seems enough up front, tbh.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2019 18:55]

Three in the squad when we play two every game means one injury, or if one loses form, and the other two could have to play every match. A fourth striker would lighten that pressure somewhat. Yes, Keane is regaining match fitness but I think Sears is a little way off yet?
[Post edited 2 Sep 2019 19:25]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Slightly disappointed we didn't bring in a striker on loan on 19:15 - Sep 2 with 1183 viewsthatdamgood89

Likewise. Heart was firmly in mouth when Norwood appeared to be limping towards the end of Saturday game.

If anyone of Norwood, Jackson, and Keane go down we are in trouble, if two go down which is quite likley we are in deep doo.

A loan until Jan seemed to fit so well. Hoping players will stay fit has never helped us fo far.

Hey :) Please check out my Ipswich Town F.C podcast 'Talk Of The Town' https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPhPy_79sSvPSugh32vN8qg?view_as=subscriber Available every Wednesday on; YouTube Spotify Buzzsrpout Google Podcasts Itune Podcasts

Slightly disappointed we didn't bring in a striker on loan on 19:18 - Sep 2 with 1160 viewsHerbivore

Slightly disappointed we didn't bring in a striker on loan on 19:15 - Sep 2 by thatdamgood89

Likewise. Heart was firmly in mouth when Norwood appeared to be limping towards the end of Saturday game.

If anyone of Norwood, Jackson, and Keane go down we are in trouble, if two go down which is quite likley we are in deep doo.

A loan until Jan seemed to fit so well. Hoping players will stay fit has never helped us fo far.

Why is it quite likely two will go down? Neither Norwood nor Jackson have a history of injuries.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Slightly disappointed we didn't bring in a striker on loan on 19:18 - Sep 2 with 1160 viewsfooters

Slightly disappointed we didn't bring in a striker on loan on 19:12 - Sep 2 by pointofblue

Three in the squad when we play two every game means one injury, or if one loses form, and the other two could have to play every match. A fourth striker would lighten that pressure somewhat. Yes, Keane is regaining match fitness but I think Sears is a little way off yet?

Even if Pushkin comes to Shovekin, I still think the team overall will contribute far more to the goal tally than has been the case in recent seasons...

I agree we should treat Norwood with care but he played a huge number of games last season too. Hopefully a bit of durability at last!

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Slightly disappointed we didn't bring in a striker on loan on 19:45 - Sep 2 with 1095 viewsITFCBlues

Slightly disappointed we didn't bring in a striker on loan on 19:12 - Sep 2 by pointofblue

We're not going to play 2 up top every game though. It's a matter of time before we switch to a 1. You just can't drop the front 2 whilst they're in this form

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Slightly disappointed we didn't bring in a striker on loan on 20:36 - Sep 2 with 973 viewsKeaneish

Not me. No need for one. Sears is training again and if we ever did get down to two strikers because of injuries or suspensions, we can switch to one up top with Judge, Rowe or Nolan in behind. Plus, Roberts is an option from the bench.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024