Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The suspension of parliament was unlawful then... 10:27 - Sep 11 with 3830 viewswkj

Goodness me, what an entertaining waste of UK resources this whole referendum has proven to be

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-49661855

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

The suspension of parliament was unlawful then... on 10:29 - Sep 11 with 3192 viewsStokieBlue

Well given the first two hearings said it wasn't I don't think the judges really know themselves.

It should be settled with a one-on-one pugil-stick battle between Boris and JC - winner takes all.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

The suspension of parliament was unlawful then... on 10:32 - Sep 11 with 3172 viewsitfcjoe

The suspension of parliament was unlawful then... on 10:29 - Sep 11 by StokieBlue

Well given the first two hearings said it wasn't I don't think the judges really know themselves.

It should be settled with a one-on-one pugil-stick battle between Boris and JC - winner takes all.

SB

You just know Boris would cheat though, would be like the end of Gladiator when he has already stabbed him

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The suspension of parliament was unlawful then... on 10:32 - Sep 11 with 3169 viewswkj

The suspension of parliament was unlawful then... on 10:29 - Sep 11 by StokieBlue

SB

I see you are channeling your inner JRM this morning, archaic conflict resolutions... nice

Crybaby

The suspension of parliament was unlawful then... on 10:36 - Sep 11 with 3138 viewsBrixtonBlue

SB

Bit unfair though. Boris has 15 years on Jeremy, plus a significant weight advantage.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

The suspension of parliament was unlawful then... on 10:37 - Sep 11 with 3135 viewswkj

The suspension of parliament was unlawful then... on 10:36 - Sep 11 by BrixtonBlue

Bit unfair though. Boris has 15 years on Jeremy, plus a significant weight advantage.

Boris didn't graduate from University though, so Jeremy's crippling student loan debt will give him the added weight on his shoulders.

Crybaby

The suspension of parliament was unlawful then... on 10:41 - Sep 11 with 3115 viewsBluefish

The suspension of parliament was unlawful then... on 10:32 - Sep 11 by itfcjoe

You just know Boris would cheat though, would be like the end of Gladiator when he has already stabbed him

F***ing spoiler alert

Bet it was the Wolf

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

The suspension of parliament was unlawful then... on 11:06 - Sep 11 with 3054 viewsOldsmoker

BoJo/Cummings saw this coming so prorogued Parliament on Monday night.
I suppose It will go before the Supreme court for a final decision.
I'm reminded of that song from the terraces "You don't know what you're doing".

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

The suspension of parliament was unlawful then... on 11:07 - Sep 11 with 3044 viewsfooters

The suspension of parliament was unlawful then... on 11:06 - Sep 11 by Oldsmoker

BoJo/Cummings saw this coming so prorogued Parliament on Monday night.
I suppose It will go before the Supreme court for a final decision.
I'm reminded of that song from the terraces "You don't know what you're doing".

I bet that chant comes to mind whenever you see people in the shops buying casserole mix for 89p a pop too! Seriously, Oldsmoker, your tales have been putting a proper smile on my face recently, you wily old fox.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

The suspension of parliament was unlawful then... on 11:19 - Sep 11 with 3010 viewsSomethingBlue

The brutal reckoning for these vandals and irresponsible demagogues gets ever closer.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

The suspension of parliament was unlawful then... on 11:30 - Sep 11 with 2976 viewsSwansea_Blue

All down to the Supreme Court next week then. In the meantime, will the MPs get back to work as the people who brought the case think think they should? I hope so as there are some important bills that have been sidelined as a result of this unlawful suspension.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The suspension of parliament was unlawful then... on 11:34 - Sep 11 with 2970 viewsGuthrum

SB

Slightly more complicated than that. The previous judgment in the Scottish courts stated that the advice to prorogue did not come under their judicial remit. Today's judgment says that it does, in part because the actual reason for the prorogation was not that which was publicly given by the Government and was merely to stymie Parliamentary scrutiny of their actions.

Of course, English and Scottish law are not the same, thus whether this holds up in the Supreme Court is a moot point.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

The suspension of parliament was unlawful then... on 11:45 - Sep 11 with 2931 viewsNewcyBlue

The suspension of parliament was unlawful then... on 10:36 - Sep 11 by BrixtonBlue

Yeah but Corbyn’s got momentum...

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

The suspension of parliament was unlawful then... on 11:48 - Sep 11 with 2919 viewsPinewoodblue

The suspension of parliament was unlawful then... on 11:34 - Sep 11 by Guthrum

Slightly more complicated than that. The previous judgment in the Scottish courts stated that the advice to prorogue did not come under their judicial remit. Today's judgment says that it does, in part because the actual reason for the prorogation was not that which was publicly given by the Government and was merely to stymie Parliamentary scrutiny of their actions.

Of course, English and Scottish law are not the same, thus whether this holds up in the Supreme Court is a moot point.

While there was clearly an ulterior motive it will no doubt be judged on appeal that the reason given, ending a parliamentary session, was legitimate.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

The suspension of parliament was unlawful then... on 11:50 - Sep 11 with 2908 viewscrunchie1978

In other news Scottish courts have ruled the ending of braveheart as 'not being factual'.
Judges have stated that it was in fact William Wallace who won the war and will seek to have the ending re-filmed in coming weeks.
The suspension of parliament was unlawful then... on 11:55 - Sep 11 with 2887 viewsblueislander

The suspension of parliament was unlawful then... on 11:48 - Sep 11 by Pinewoodblue

While there was clearly an ulterior motive it will no doubt be judged on appeal that the reason given, ending a parliamentary session, was legitimate.

I fear that may well be the case. Despite the fact that the judges may not believe what the government said, I can see that they will rule that that cannot be proved in law, and they will get away with it. There is a chance that the documents they have been obliged to divulge will show exactly what were their motives.
The suspension of parliament was unlawful then... on 12:14 - Sep 11 with 2807 viewsFPL_Tractor

Does this mean Priti Patel wants Boris Johnson to feel terror?

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

The suspension of parliament was unlawful then... on 12:22 - Sep 11 with 2789 viewsitfcjoe

The suspension of parliament was unlawful then... on 11:50 - Sep 11 by crunchie1978

In other news Scottish courts have ruled the ending of braveheart as 'not being factual'.
Judges have stated that it was in fact William Wallace who won the war and will seek to have the ending re-filmed in coming weeks.

I bet that had loads of likes on the Facebook page you nicked it from

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The suspension of parliament was unlawful then... on 12:25 - Sep 11 with 2769 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

The suspension of parliament was unlawful then... on 11:55 - Sep 11 by blueislander

I fear that may well be the case. Despite the fact that the judges may not believe what the government said, I can see that they will rule that that cannot be proved in law, and they will get away with it. There is a chance that the documents they have been obliged to divulge will show exactly what were their motives.

Was about to ask a question along those lines as haven’t been following too closely and no time to look into in detail at the moment. So has the court decision been based on some sort of documented evidence, or is it effectively the opinion of the judge that those were the motives?

Seems strange and unlikely to hold up if it’s the latter, even if I tend to agree with that view

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

The suspension of parliament was unlawful then... on 12:31 - Sep 11 with 2745 viewsGuthrum

The suspension of parliament was unlawful then... on 11:48 - Sep 11 by Pinewoodblue

While the Parliamentary session had been unusually long, the documents pretty unequivocally show that wasn't the primary reason, nor does it justify the timing and length.

I think it unlikely the Supreme Court will rule against the prorogation, tho.

The suspension of parliament was unlawful then... on 12:43 - Sep 11 with 2705 viewsGuthrum

The suspension of parliament was unlawful then... on 11:50 - Sep 11 by crunchie1978

Pretty much the entire film plays fast and loose with the facts.

Battle of Stirling Bridge with no bl**dy bridge, the clue was in the name!

The suspension of parliament was unlawful then... on 12:48 - Sep 11 with 2679 viewsGuthrum

The suspension of parliament was unlawful then... on 12:25 - Sep 11 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Was about to ask a question along those lines as haven’t been following too closely and no time to look into in detail at the moment. So has the court decision been based on some sort of documented evidence, or is it effectively the opinion of the judge that those were the motives?

Seems strange and unlikely to hold up if it’s the latter, even if I tend to agree with that view

Based on the Government's own advice and communications beforehand. Which were released by the court in a redacted form, but then subsequently leaked in full (that's where the story about Johnson calling Cameron a 'girly swot' came from).

It's all a matter of whether the courts have jurisdiction over the Government's (effectively the Privy Council's) advice in this case and whether the (actual) reasons for giving that advice were legal and constitutional.

The suspension of parliament was unlawful then... on 14:22 - Sep 11 with 2535 viewsPinewoodblue

The suspension of parliament was unlawful then... on 12:48 - Sep 11 by Guthrum

Based on the Government's own advice and communications beforehand. Which were released by the court in a redacted form, but then subsequently leaked in full (that's where the story about Johnson calling Cameron a 'girly swot' came from).

It's all a matter of whether the courts have jurisdiction over the Government's (effectively the Privy Council's) advice in this case and whether the (actual) reasons for giving that advice were legal and constitutional.

Supreme Court was already set to hear appeal next Tuesday from Gina Miller and co next Tuesday anyway after the English court dismissed her claim.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

The suspension of parliament was unlawful then... on 14:24 - Sep 11 with 2528 viewswkj

The suspension of parliament was unlawful then... on 14:22 - Sep 11 by Pinewoodblue

Supreme Court was already set to hear appeal next Tuesday from Gina Miller and co next Tuesday anyway after the English court dismissed her claim.

When is that Gina Miller running for PM then, she seems to have had more success with her Brexit plan of action than May and Boris have so far.

Crybaby

The suspension of parliament was unlawful then... on 14:48 - Sep 11 with 2482 viewsjaykay

The suspension of parliament was unlawful then... on 12:22 - Sep 11 by itfcjoe

I bet that had loads of likes on the Facebook page you nicked it from

ouch

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

The suspension of parliament was unlawful then... on 14:51 - Sep 11 with 2471 viewswkj

The suspension of parliament was unlawful then... on 14:48 - Sep 11 by jaykay

ouch

TBF, The post was talking by about a film starring a lead actor became antisemitic, It is only okay to mention Martin Gibson in his lethal weapon days before the coke and sugary tits warped his noggin

Crybaby

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024