Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kenlock simply isn't good enough 16:15 - Sep 14 with 5040 viewsnoggin

from what I've seen.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 16:45 - Sep 14 with 2773 viewsStokieBlue

Even worse in the second half.

It's unfortunate.

SB

Edit: Did well at the end there.
[Post edited 14 Sep 2019 16:53]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 17:09 - Sep 14 with 2694 viewsHerbivore

Not only is he not good, he's a liability. He creates chances for the opposition. I feel bad for the kid and have always hoped he'd make it but he is not remotely close to being good enough.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 17:13 - Sep 14 with 2671 viewsNthsuffolkblue

From what I have seen and heard, I agree.

However, Mick Mills said he did very well near the end to prevent Donny taking advantage of a break with numbers.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 17:24 - Sep 14 with 2629 viewsDeano69

Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 17:13 - Sep 14 by Nthsuffolkblue

From what I have seen and heard, I agree.

However, Mick Mills said he did very well near the end to prevent Donny taking advantage of a break with numbers.

He did well for that, but wasn’t it him that lost possession?

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 17:27 - Sep 14 with 2611 viewsHerbivore

Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 17:24 - Sep 14 by Deano69

He did well for that, but wasn’t it him that lost possession?

I think so. And that aside he was a liability today.

Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 17:31 - Sep 14 with 2597 viewsDeano69

Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 17:27 - Sep 14 by Herbivore

I think so. And that aside he was a liability today.

Sadly. I hate to knock the young lads but he really isn’t the answer there. Countless faults today, positioning, covering the CB doing his job, forward passing, getting back quickly and loses possession. Very frustrating.

He has made 60 appearances now, so hardly a rookie.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 17:32 - Sep 14 with 2583 viewsurbanblue

Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 17:31 - Sep 14 by Deano69

Sadly. I hate to knock the young lads but he really isn’t the answer there. Countless faults today, positioning, covering the CB doing his job, forward passing, getting back quickly and loses possession. Very frustrating.

He was continually responsible for us losing possesion unfortunately.
Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 17:33 - Sep 14 with 2581 viewsHerbivore

He turns 23 soon and has played 60+ games. He's just not good enough, it's that simple. I don't see anything there to suggest there's a player in there that just needs more time.

Login to get fewer ads

Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 17:34 - Sep 14 with 2578 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I agree. You want to give young players a chance and encourage them but there is a point at which you accept one is not up to it.

I think Lambert has Garbutt lined up for that position. Is Nydam then cover once fit?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 17:36 - Sep 14 with 2561 viewsDubtractor

Feel bad joining in the kicking, but he is pretty poor. First half he was as bad as donacien against Wimbledon.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 17:52 - Sep 14 with 2522 viewsJ2BLUE

Can't argue with the points about his quality but can I just say he puts maximum effort in. Ran his nuts off today. Agree, it's not enough, but if he's picked all we can ask is for that level of commitment every week.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 17:54 - Sep 14 with 2511 viewsHerbivore

Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 17:52 - Sep 14 by J2BLUE

Can't argue with the points about his quality but can I just say he puts maximum effort in. Ran his nuts off today. Agree, it's not enough, but if he's picked all we can ask is for that level of commitment every week.

He runs like someone is holding him back by his braces though. He's just crap. I don't dislike the lad or think he's not trying but he's not close to being good enough.

Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 17:55 - Sep 14 with 2504 viewsdavblue

Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 17:09 - Sep 14 by Herbivore

Not only is he not good, he's a liability. He creates chances for the opposition. I feel bad for the kid and have always hoped he'd make it but he is not remotely close to being good enough.

Gave the ball away a lot, let his man drift off him, vacated space and didnt get back quick enough or have awareness to fill in.

He was so poor today, that has to be a position we look to improve in January
Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 18:05 - Sep 14 with 2477 viewsRomeo4

Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 17:55 - Sep 14 by davblue

Gave the ball away a lot, let his man drift off him, vacated space and didnt get back quick enough or have awareness to fill in.

He was so poor today, that has to be a position we look to improve in January

He did a handful of good things, including that saving challenge toward the end but he is the weakest link in our team.

No quality on the ball, gets caught out of position too much (& doesn’t seem that desperate to get back) & simply switches off at times.

What alternative do we have? Garbutt? Maybe a 3-5-2 with Chambo/Nsiala/Woolf at the back with V-Y & Garbutt as wing backs may be the answer.
Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 18:08 - Sep 14 with 2453 viewsHerbivore

Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 18:05 - Sep 14 by Romeo4

He did a handful of good things, including that saving challenge toward the end but he is the weakest link in our team.

No quality on the ball, gets caught out of position too much (& doesn’t seem that desperate to get back) & simply switches off at times.

What alternative do we have? Garbutt? Maybe a 3-5-2 with Chambo/Nsiala/Woolf at the back with V-Y & Garbutt as wing backs may be the answer.

That back three isn't remotely balanced though. No left footer. Very little pace. Limited ability on the ball.

Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 18:15 - Sep 14 with 2412 viewsRomeo4

Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 18:08 - Sep 14 by Herbivore

That back three isn't remotely balanced though. No left footer. Very little pace. Limited ability on the ball.

Same point on 2 separate threads! I agree with you. Left sided defensive players is an area we need to improve. Either to suit a 3 at the back system or simply to replace Kenlock.
Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 18:21 - Sep 14 with 2395 viewsBigManBlue

He was poor. Chambo was very good covering for him, but can’texpect get away with that all the time.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 18:21 - Sep 14 with 2393 viewsHerbivore

Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 18:15 - Sep 14 by Romeo4

Same point on 2 separate threads! I agree with you. Left sided defensive players is an area we need to improve. Either to suit a 3 at the back system or simply to replace Kenlock.

We could just replace Kenlock with Georgiou or Garbutt.

Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 18:25 - Sep 14 with 2366 viewsStokieBlue

Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 18:08 - Sep 14 by Herbivore

I was actually surprised how poor Woolfie was on the ball today. Great defender but literally has no idea what to do with the ball once he has it and struggled to pass forward 10m.

Plenty of time for him to work on that though.

Keane looked good when he came on - the ball stuck to him.

SB

Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 18:32 - Sep 14 with 2331 viewsLankHenners

Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 18:25 - Sep 14 by StokieBlue

I was actually surprised how poor Woolfie was on the ball today. Great defender but literally has no idea what to do with the ball once he has it and struggled to pass forward 10m.

Plenty of time for him to work on that though.

Keane looked good when he came on - the ball stuck to him.

SB

To be fair, and this is a caveat for Kenlock at times as well, our movement was so poor today that any pass forwards had to be lifted past 2 or 3 Doncaster players to stand a chance of reaching a blue shirt.

Neither full back was helped by the wide players in front of them but Kenlock stood out again unfortunately as someone unable to get a hold of the ball and move it with purpose. I thought relegation could be a blessing in disguise for him as he'd get a chance to play at a level that suits him but he really is looking lost out there.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 18:35 - Sep 14 with 2307 viewsjas0999

I’ve always been a fan of young Kenlock, but was certainly hoping he was going to push on. Sadly, he’s going the way of Josh Emmanuel, who simply couldn’t do it for us. He’s had plenty of game time now and simply doesn’t look good enough - even at League One level.
Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 18:35 - Sep 14 with 2303 viewsStokieBlue

Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 18:32 - Sep 14 by LankHenners

To be fair, and this is a caveat for Kenlock at times as well, our movement was so poor today that any pass forwards had to be lifted past 2 or 3 Doncaster players to stand a chance of reaching a blue shirt.

Neither full back was helped by the wide players in front of them but Kenlock stood out again unfortunately as someone unable to get a hold of the ball and move it with purpose. I thought relegation could be a blessing in disguise for him as he'd get a chance to play at a level that suits him but he really is looking lost out there.

KVY overcame that issue though by making space for himself and finding passes inside. The gulf in quality between the two full backs is massive.

SB

Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 18:39 - Sep 14 with 2269 viewsLankHenners

Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 18:35 - Sep 14 by StokieBlue

KVY overcame that issue though by making space for himself and finding passes inside. The gulf in quality between the two full backs is massive.

SB

Yes and he clearly has the quality to do that whereas Kenlock doesn't. KVY's going to be very good for us isn't he? Very calm with the ball and lightning quick, he's also very good at getting free kicks when he's overrun the ball and throws himself against an opposition player.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 18:40 - Sep 14 with 2256 viewsdavblue

Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 17:54 - Sep 14 by Herbivore

He runs like someone is holding him back by his braces though. He's just crap. I don't dislike the lad or think he's not trying but he's not close to being good enough.

Running with invisible tyre behind him.

Or his boots have superglue applied to them.
Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 19:49 - Sep 14 with 2146 viewsitfcjoe

His distribution was terrible today, he is so one footed and when he is forced in on to his right his passes literally go anywhere.

He finished last season strongly, but a massive shame Nydam got nobbled as think he'd have put serious pressure on him unlike Clements who is still a way off.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024