Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Report - mixed emotions, ultimately positivity 22:41 - Sep 17 with 919 viewsunstableblue

I like that ground. It’s such a cut above the other identi-kit stadiums with its tiled exterior, floating roof. The local pale ale was also excellent. It’s still in a retail park though.

Just walking up to the ground the number of town fans started to become apparent - 3,300+ - wow! And perhaps that singing at the end was the highlight of the night. This feels like a movement, despite the players failing to ignite the second half. We did have two great attacking moves in the second period where the atmos went mental - imagine if we’d played really well for the whole match!

I’d challenged Lambert to get his selection and system right and claim the 3 points. And as soon as the team graphic came up, it just looked right. And for 30mins it just WAS right.

Garbutt and KVY were rocking the wide positions, and our best technical player Huws (ably assisted by an advanced Nolan, and a back to his best Downes).

The hoofing had gone, and we just were on the ball. Why play long ball!!! Jesus we wished for something better - the movement just cannot be built on aimless punting!

It wasn’t hard though, the Dons were woeful. Worst team I’ve seen us play against in a while.
Maybe we made them so.

Jackson of our forwards probably thrived best in the new system. And it was a quieter night for Norwood - I hope his injury is mild as we need his closing and aggression this campaign.

I liked the central 3 of Wilson, Skuse and Chambers. Skuse thrives in that space, and staying deeper suits him. I thought despite being ‘quiet’ that was one of Chambo’s best games. Wilson I would agree was excellent, but it was a little no nonsense, and The Wolf will keep it on the deck more.

Second half was poor, and a better team would have taken the chances and possession and beaten us. But we got the three points, kept the unbeaten record. And we need to build on what seems the right system, which the retuning Garbutt and Huws can make work.

COYB
[Post edited 17 Sep 2019 23:17]

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Match Report - mixed emotions, ultimately positivity on 23:34 - Sep 17 with 724 viewsunstableblue

I should add that Georgiou was not at his best when he came on.

And we really did rely on Holy’s Excellent leg saves and some truly terrible finishing to keep the 3 points.

I do think we missed the chance to build some incredible momentum by getting goals and dominating a weak MK Dons.

The good news is that this league allows to get our best players fit and cement our system. Which feel like 3-5-2 is right

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024