Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team selection a dilemma for Saturday 07:55 - Sep 19 with 1384 viewsGerkensBeard

The diamond served us well Tuesday due to the fact MK played a 3-5-2 so it was simply our fullbacks up against there’s. Gillingham play a 4-3-3. Their front 3 are all pacy strikers whose fullbacks overlap which makes the diamond pretty useless. Norwood is a big loss for Saturday as he is made for the lone striker role if we were to go 4-3-3. Jackson isn’t a lone striker. It could possibly work if we play a 4-4-1-1 and push Nolan right up there with Jackson. By Lamberts comments I don’t see Will Keane starting. Dobra played up top against Spurs U21’s but can’t see him starting. Neither can I see Roberts.

Early team guess

Holy
KVY Chambo Woolf Garbutt
Judge Downes Skuse Tony
Nolan
Jackson

Think he may just start young Tony. Give him a go. Judge has been more effective when he’s switched to the right in games than when he starts on the left. He didn’t get a single minute Tuesday, I think he starts Saturday.
Team selection a dilemma for Saturday on 08:14 - Sep 19 with 1311 viewsChocorange

Without Norwood we will be less effective in attack. Jackson has proved over and over he isn't a loan striker and was noticeably quiet on Tuesday after Norwood went off.

I would hope Keame is fit enough to start, and I also think we will need other players who can get us a goal in the team... Therefore Edwards and Nolan should both play IMO.
Judge has a poor poor record with goals and assists since being here. Tony makes goals ( 2 assists for Cyprus this month) so I would play him.

Dobra maybe worth a look though if we need a goal from the bench.

One other thing, didn't think Garbutt looked good in the air at LB against MK , but didn't get caught out of position so often as Kenlock. However will Kenlock be back after his rest with Garbutt in front of him to make that side more solid?
Team selection a dilemma for Saturday on 09:05 - Sep 19 with 1237 viewsKieran_Knows

Do we know if Norwood is out injured for Saturday? Could've sworn someone posted on here yesterday that they spoke to him after the game on Tuesday night and he said he'd be fine for the weekend.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Team selection a dilemma for Saturday on 11:01 - Sep 19 with 1108 viewsGerkensBeard

Team selection a dilemma for Saturday on 08:14 - Sep 19 by Chocorange

Without Norwood we will be less effective in attack. Jackson has proved over and over he isn't a loan striker and was noticeably quiet on Tuesday after Norwood went off.

I would hope Keame is fit enough to start, and I also think we will need other players who can get us a goal in the team... Therefore Edwards and Nolan should both play IMO.
Judge has a poor poor record with goals and assists since being here. Tony makes goals ( 2 assists for Cyprus this month) so I would play him.

Dobra maybe worth a look though if we need a goal from the bench.

One other thing, didn't think Garbutt looked good in the air at LB against MK , but didn't get caught out of position so often as Kenlock. However will Kenlock be back after his rest with Garbutt in front of him to make that side more solid?

I’d be surprised if Norwood was fine for the weekend. Normally when someone goes down and comes off then it could be a while. Or he was being smart and knew his own body that he should come off than risk it further.
Lambert said Kenlock will now have to win back his place. Which sounds as though Garbutt will start left back Saturday
Team selection a dilemma for Saturday on 11:11 - Sep 19 with 1083 viewsSamWhiteUK

Team selection a dilemma for Saturday on 11:01 - Sep 19 by GerkensBeard

I’d be surprised if Norwood was fine for the weekend. Normally when someone goes down and comes off then it could be a while. Or he was being smart and knew his own body that he should come off than risk it further.
Lambert said Kenlock will now have to win back his place. Which sounds as though Garbutt will start left back Saturday

He wanted to make sure he was fit for the wrestling. Def info
Team selection a dilemma for Saturday on 12:37 - Sep 19 with 990 viewssuffolkpoker

Team selection a dilemma for Saturday on 09:05 - Sep 19 by Kieran_Knows

Do we know if Norwood is out injured for Saturday? Could've sworn someone posted on here yesterday that they spoke to him after the game on Tuesday night and he said he'd be fine for the weekend.

I thought i saw a post about spoking to him at the boxing and he said he will play through the pain for this club.

I think he starts Saturday.

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Team selection a dilemma for Saturday on 13:11 - Sep 19 with 937 viewsitfcjoe

Team selection a dilemma for Saturday on 11:01 - Sep 19 by GerkensBeard

Muscle injury in midweek would mak him a big doubt for weekend.

I'd rest him personally, he's too important a player to risk and gives him another week to get everything right

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024